ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

90 days leave in last year when applying for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jrs1984
Mood:
United Kingdom

90 days leave in last year when applying for naturalisation

Post by jrs1984 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:43 pm

Hi,
I received my Set LR confirmation on 10th Jan 2023, so I understand I shall be eligible for applying for naturalisation on 10th Jan 2024.

My query is related to 90 days leave in preceding year (year between ILR and BC) - I have vacation to home country planned in Sep'23-Dec'23 which equates to 89 days outside the UK in one stretch. I have not counted the day of departure (morning) and arrival (evening).

Although this is a day short from 90 days allowed as per gov website, will this being so close to BC application date and that too in one stretch to current home country be causing any issue in BC application?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: 90 days leave in last year when applying for naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:05 pm

No issue.
You are free to take up to 90 days in the 12 months preceding application, as per the guidance, whether in single days or the lot in one go.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jrs1984
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 90 days leave in last year when applying for naturalisation

Post by jrs1984 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:55 pm

Thank you.