ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language test help!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eve81
Newly Registered
Peru

English Language test help!

Post by eve81 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:03 am

Our application is in process and we received an email this morning saying the test IETLS B1 taken In 2011 is only valid for 2 years, strange that they accepted it in October 2013 for settlement.
Life in the UK test was passed in August 2013.

I dont understand where we can go from here? i thought anything applied before the 28th October 2013 (which is when we got 10 year ILR) the test was no longer needed anyway.
Do you think we need to go and do another English exam asap?

Stressed, don't know what to reply back

alterhase58
Germany

Re: English Language test help!

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:30 am

Maybe you misunderstand, tests taken after 28 Oct 2013 for immigration purposes will be allowed for naturalisation, as I understand it.
Suggest you do another test ASAP - presumably the email requested you submit one. Trying to discuss this with case workers may take a while.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

eve81
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by eve81 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:55 am

Thank you we are on it.
When my husband took it in 2011 it was very stressful as he is dyslexic so passed by the skin of his teeth, as he is writing and reading is a struggle, though he speaks english fluently.
Not looking forward to going through this again, do you know if the IELTS IKVI Life skills B1 is accepted? as this is only Speaking and listening an would be much easier.
Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:03 am

Yes B1 is the required one, 10 minutes speaking and listening, no writing...
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

eve81
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by eve81 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:56 pm

wow £155 is a lot for 10 minutes :shock: