ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proofs of Recidence for people who lives in Northern Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lamin0192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Proofs of Recidence for people who lives in Northern Ireland

Post by lamin0192 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:43 pm

Hi everyone.
I was looking on forums and web regarding proof of recidency for people who lives in NI(Northern Ireland) and are planing to apply in near future for Irish passport but I didn't found any clear information. I have downloaded scorecard of proofs of residency 2022 where is mentioned clear how I can get 150p.
But the thing is that there and on the web is not mention anything about if your Bank account, Mortgage, Rent, Hospital attendace should be ONLY IN Ireland.
Or you can have a UK bank account and a credit card in HSBC, for example, with an address in NI.
So, my question is, is all the information contained in the 2022 scorecard is applicable to the people of Northern Ireland, too, or not?
I will be thankful for any information. :shock: :shock: :?: :!:

kingzz
BANNED
Netherlands

Re: Proofs of Recidence for people who lives in Northern Ireland

Post by kingzz » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:58 pm

On this link https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to- ... residence/ you can download the latest guidance document, on page 6 it says "The Statements must record point of sale (POS) transactions monthly (with ROI or NI addresses).
Typically this will mean a minimum of three POS transactions per month for each of the required
number of years", so FEELS like an NI address should be good.

lamin0192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lamin0192 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:18 pm

Thank you kingzz
But I would like to know as well about Rent, Hospital attendance,Utility bills.
Will they admit this from NI as proof? :?:

kingzz
BANNED
Netherlands

Post by kingzz » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:20 pm

lamin0192 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:18 pm
Thank you kingzz
But I would like to know as well about Rent, Hospital attendance,Utility bills.
Will they admit this from NI as proof? :?:
unfortunately I'm not sure about those stuff, hopefully other folks on this forum would be able to help.

Vadrar91
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Vadrar91 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:17 pm

lamin0192 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:43 pm
is all the information contained in the 2022 scorecard is applicable to the people of Northern Ireland, too, or not?
NI residency is only relevant if you are applying as spouse (or child in the appropriate circumstances) of an Irish national as far as I am aware. On what basis are you applying?

lamin0192
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lamin0192 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:15 pm

Vadrar91 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:17 pm
lamin0192 wrote:
is all the information contained in the 2022 scorecard is applicable to the people of Northern Ireland, too, or not?
NI residency is only relevant if you are applying as spouse (or child in the appropriate circumstances) of an Irish national as far as I am aware. On what basis are you applying?

I plan to apply as an EU citizen on an independent basis.
Are there any articles of official information that can be shared?
Or these are more personal thoughts?

Vadrar91
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Vadrar91 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:42 pm

lamin0192 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:15 pm
Vadrar91 wrote:
lamin0192 wrote:

No they aren’t personal thoughts. The Irish Nationality and Citizenship Acts (of 1956 being the most relevant I believe - but consult an immigration lawyer) sets out eligibility for Irish naturalisation. The recently published Citizenship Guidance document summarises eligibility in layman’s terms, page 3: ‘to be eligible for Irish Citizenship you must have been able to demonstrate that you have been resident in Ireland for’… etc.

In this instance, Ireland means the Republic not NI, unless a spouse or child of Irish national in certain circumstances. You’d have to see if your residency in NI entitles you to UK citizenship. It doesn’t entitle you to Irish.

The NI reference to POS transactions on bank statements is principally for spouses and children of Irish nationals, who can have reckonable residency while living in NI. It would also cover residents of the RoI if they were briefly in NI. You are seeing the majority of references to RoI documents because that is the requirement for all excluding the exceptions I mention.

Or see here for Citizens Information advice (not official but usually reliable) https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... e'%20below

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:44 pm

lamin0192 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:15 pm
Vadrar91 wrote:
lamin0192 wrote:

You can only apply Irish citizenship with NI residence only if you're a spouse of Irish citizen.
Otherwise you have to live in he Republic for 5 years and apply on your own merits.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.