ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lxk
Ireland

Re: E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Post by lxk » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:26 pm

sairsint wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:48 pm
Great information!

So do we know if it’s cleared all necessary stages (I.e. 5 of each?) and is only waiting to be signed into law?
See the details at the foot of the information from the link that Nala2021 supplied earlier today.
Again, I think it worth encouraging TDs to ensure that the bill is enacted quickly.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:30 pm

lxk wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:26 pm
sairsint wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:48 pm
Great information!

So do we know if it’s cleared all necessary stages (I.e. 5 of each?) and is only waiting to be signed into law?
See the details at the foot of the information from the link that Nala2021 supplied earlier today.
Again, I think it worth encouraging TDs to ensure that the bill is enacted quickly.
I did but have no idea what’s left. It appears to have gone through 5 stages of each but that’s all I see.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:52 pm

Here it is - what is left to be done for the bill to become a law

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/6b1 ... %20changed.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:07 pm

Nala2021 wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:52 pm
Here it is - what is left to be done for the bill to become a law

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/6b1 ... %20changed.
Thank you.

I actually worked backwards from a few enacted ones on the Presidential site you posted and figured out the process for those.

So it seems this should be signed into law (enacted) in the coming days. This is great news.

baloosmac
Newly Registered
India

Post by baloosmac » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:39 pm

Is anyone else that received the e-vetting invitation on 22 May still waiting for their Garda e-vetting link to start the process?

tugii20
Ireland

Post by tugii20 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:56 pm

received inis invitation 17th of MAY in SPAM FOLDER and found out it was spam folder on the 24th of May - Since no news
our Naturalisation application was sent on 23rd of JUNE 2021 By registered post- WAITING TIME ELAPSED 24MONTHS NOW and Still no Garda e vetting yet

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:55 am

baloosmac wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:39 pm
Is anyone else that received the e-vetting invitation on 22 May still waiting for their Garda e-vetting link to start the process?
A number of us in that batch of invites are still waiting for the Garda link to proceed. A number of us also reached out to the ISD for a status update and received a similar canned response; E.g. will receive it in the coming weeks, in due course, and so on.

I can only assume it's taking so long as there were 13,000 of us that received that 22 May invite and the delay is on the ISD side for processing the submitted invitations or the NVB only being able to process X amount per day/week/month, or some combination of both.

Ultimately I think it's the lack of consistent communication that frustrates people most and all we're left with is to make our own assumptions which is never a good thing.

suzanne167
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by suzanne167 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:32 pm

Yes, I'm still waiting for the Garda e-vetting link. I got an e-vetting invitation in May.
baloosmac wrote:

grma
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by grma » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:35 pm

baloosmac wrote:
Same here. I submitted the e-vetting form on ISD online on 23rd May and I still haven't gotten anything back. Nothing on my email, spam folder, or on ISD online.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:54 pm

More 2023 applicants have been approved as of yesterday (according to recent 2023 application timeline postings). Yet we are still here in a communications blackhole waiting to start the evetting process from invitations submitted over six weeks ago!

Clearly I'm just venting because there is little to nothing we can do about it, but I find this entire process to be outrageous.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:02 pm

A consolation in the fact that the Courts and Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2022 was signed yesterday by President Higgins, therefore the Bill is now enacted.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:13 pm

Nala2021 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:02 pm
A consolation in the fact that the Courts and Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2022 was signed yesterday by President Higgins, therefore the Bill is now enacted.

I was watching both websites to see if this was enacted, but it seems Twitter has more updated (official) information; thank you for sharing this.

Hopefully the Minister will now dispense with the formalities and proceed with getting us all through the process with some sense of urgency. That said, I don't think this will make the evetting invitations process go any faster!

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:25 pm

I suppose what really bothers me is that they are still processing applications out of sequence. They claimed to have done it at the start of the year to prove this new end-to-end process works. Well, guess what? It does work considering they have already naturalised a number of 2023 applications at the ceremony this past June.

So why are they still processing them now? Why are 2023 applications still being approved out of sequence in July? They should put all of their resources into completing the 2021/2 applications at this point and everything from a later date should be on hold until they are caught up. Maybe I don't understand the process fully, but it certainly seems unfair and not in line with their own policy.

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:33 pm

They are fudging the numbers by rushing through 2023 applicants! Someone needs to get their TD to ask what percentage of applicants from 2021, 2022 and 2023 have been processed! Utterly outrageous!!
sairsint wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:54 pm
More 2023 applicants have been approved as of yesterday (according to recent 2023 application timeline postings). Yet we are still here in a communications blackhole waiting to start the evetting process from invitations submitted over six weeks ago!

Clearly I'm just venting because there is little to nothing we can do about it, but I find this entire process to be outrageous.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:54 am

Palantir wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:33 pm
They are fudging the numbers by rushing through 2023 applicants! Someone needs to get their TD to ask what percentage of applicants from 2021, 2022 and 2023 have been processed! Utterly outrageous!!
sairsint wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:54 pm

I don't know that I would go as far as to say they are artificially inflating numbers. However, I see more and more 2023 applicants being approved over the last two days while the rest of us sit in limbo and that's definitely concerning to me.

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:32 pm

Have you contacted your TD or the media?

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:38 pm

Bad news folks! Looks like it won't apply to us as applicants for "naturalised" citizenship.

Principal provisions of the Bill
This section of the Bill Digest sets out some of the main provisions of the Bill. It does not provide a full examination of the Bill’s provisions.

Certificates of nationality
Part 2 of the Bill relates to amendments of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956.

Section 3 amends section 28(2) of the Act of 1956. amends section 28(2) of the Act of 1956. Section 28 provides for the issuing of certificates of nationality. Under section 28, any person who claims to be an Irish citizen, other than a naturalised Irish citizen, may apply to the Minister or, if resident outside Ireland, to any Irish diplomatic officer or consular officer, for a certificate of nationality stating that he or she is an Irish citizen.

Section 28 currently provides that a certificate of nationality may be authorised by the seal of a consular officer or the Minister. The Bill proposes to amend section 28 by adding “by the signature of an officer of the Minister duly authorised in that behalf by the Minister” as a method of authenticating a certificate of nationality.
sairsint wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:13 pm
Nala2021 wrote:

I was watching both websites to see if this was enacted, but it seems Twitter has more updated (official) information; thank you for sharing this.

Hopefully the Minister will now dispense with the formalities and proceed with getting us all through the process with some sense of urgency. That said, I don't think this will make the evetting invitations process go any faster!

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:31 pm

Palantir wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:38 pm
Bad news folks! Looks like it won't apply to us as applicants for "naturalised" citizenship.

Principal provisions of the Bill
This section of the Bill Digest sets out some of the main provisions of the Bill. It does not provide a full examination of the Bill’s provisions.

Certificates of nationality
Part 2 of the Bill relates to amendments of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956.

Section 3 amends section 28(2) of the Act of 1956. amends section 28(2) of the Act of 1956. Section 28 provides for the issuing of certificates of nationality. Under section 28, any person who claims to be an Irish citizen, other than a naturalised Irish citizen, may apply to the Minister or, if resident outside Ireland, to any Irish diplomatic officer or consular officer, for a certificate of nationality stating that he or she is an Irish citizen.

Section 28 currently provides that a certificate of nationality may be authorised by the seal of a consular officer or the Minister. The Bill proposes to amend section 28 by adding “by the signature of an officer of the Minister duly authorised in that behalf by the Minister” as a method of authenticating a certificate of nationality.
sairsint wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:13 pm
Nala2021 wrote:

That's not accurate as it's was in the latest amended portions of the bill. It specifically refers to how a naturalisation applicant can make their declaration and obtain their certificate without the need for attending a ceremony. In fact, it seems this was added to address the very problem they are facing right now with the current volume of applications.

“(ii) by the substitution of the following paragraph for paragraph (e):
“(e) has, in accordance with subsection (1A) or, as the case may be,
subsection (1B), and in the prescribed manner—
(i) made a declaration of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State, and
(ii) undertaken to faithfully observe the laws of the State and respect its democratic values.”.”.
“(1A) The declaration referred to in paragraph (e) of subsection (1) shall be made, and the undertaking referred to in that paragraph shall be given—
(a) subject to subsection (1B), in a citizenship ceremony, or
(b) in such manner as the Minister, for special reasons, allows. (1B) The Minister may—
(a) dispense with the requirement under subsection (1A)(a) that the declaration be made and the undertaking be given in a citizenship ceremony, and
(b) allow the applicant to make the declaration and give the undertaking in such manner as the Minister may specify,
where the Minister is of the opinion that, having regard to the number of applications of which he is in receipt, it is appropriate to do so in the interests of ensuring that such applications are dealt with in an efficient manner.”.”.

Palantir
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Palantir » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:12 pm

This is the Act:

https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachta ... 84b22d.pdf

Nothing in it from what you are quoting.

peace23
Ireland

Post by peace23 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:35 pm

The amendments of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956, focus on" amends the definition of "citizenship ceremony" " you can see that on the page 8 of the Bill :

Amendment of section 2 of Act of 1956
3. Section 2 of the Act of 1956 is amended by the insertion of the following definition:
“ ‘citizenship ceremony’ means a ceremony held—
(a) before a judge, or a retired judge, of the District Court, Circuit
Court, Court of Appeal, High Court or Supreme Court or such other
person as may be designated for that purpose by the Minister, and
(b) at a place and in a form approved by the Minister,
at which an applicant makes the declaration and gives the undertaking in
accordance with section 15(1)(e), section 15A(1)(h) or section 15B(1)(d),

It is explained in details here :
https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/de ... -06-21/11/

So after the changes ,the citizenship ceremony definition includes non traditional ceremony format

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:18 am

The citizenship division is also hiring temporary clerical officer positions to help process naturalisation applications: https://www.irishimmigration.ie/citizen ... -officers/ - https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... -Final.pdf

So between this new legislation and these temp positions, it appears they are working towards making efficiencies in this process and clearing the massive backlog. Unfortunately we have to put all of this information together on our own to come to these conclusions, but at least we have this forum available to us for doing such things.

Applic83
Ireland

Post by Applic83 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:46 pm

Balea wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:13 pm
sairsint wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:55 pm
I will ask here since it appears to be duplicative to my latest posting which is now locked:

Seems there was 13,000 of us in that batch of invites, but it's been a month now and I want to know what the status is.
I got the email on May 22, completed required data, added copy of my passport and got an acknowledgment email couple of days later with an E-vetting Invitation EVET XXXXX number. Nothing else since then. Waiting for Garda e-vetting email to start the process....
I'm the same! received the same email on 22 May. Submitted form on the same day. Received EVET no. on 24 May. Nothing so far! emailed citizenship info many times. Only auto-reply. No answer

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:23 pm

I'd assume it's NVB who can't process 13 thousand requests that arrived out of nowhere. You'd just have to be patient.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Bluebird71
Ireland

Post by Bluebird71 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:03 am

I get that they cant process them all at the same time but how are they prioritising as there are more and more 2023 applications that have been approved daily and those of us who applied in 21/22 just wait and wait ? Its unacceptable ! I am almost considering reapplying in the thought that it might come through faster. There is 0 communication and you have no idea when you can even expect it. Your whole life is on hold and they simply do not care.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:39 am

Don't reapply - just wait, seems they give more minor approvals now that not require ceremony, I am pretty sure if you got evetting May, you will be invited in Autumn 2023. I am waiting since July 2021)