ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change sponsorship dates on CoS via sponsor notes

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CosmosS
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Change sponsorship dates on CoS via sponsor notes

Post by CosmosS » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:36 pm

My wife's CoS was issued for longer than 3 years by mistake (she does not need the 3 years as will be eligible for ILR in a year). The longer CoS duration will attract higher application fees (double). The sponsoring institution would now like to correct this by adding a sponsor note. This obviously will not modify the dates and the application according to my knowledge will attract the higher fees.

Am I correct in assuming this can only be corrected by retracting the CoS and issuing another one?

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Change sponsorship dates on CoS via sponsor notes

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:37 am

Very likely the only choice
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CosmosS
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CosmosS » Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:05 am

An update for anybody who stumbles upon this via a Google search.

It is my fault I pushed for the sponsoring body to contact the home office and find out before trying out the application myself. They appear to have kindly done so and fed this back to us.

Basically, there is a question in the application that asks you about length of sponsorship on the CoS. (You can either pick (three years or less) or (more than three years).

You pick the option yourself and the application fees are based on the option you pick and not the CoS dates.
So basically a sponsor note that says they have shortened the duration of the sponsorship + you picking the 3 year or less option would solve the matter. No need for a new CoS.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:13 am

Thanks on the feedback