ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from the Bank and Maintanence funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

george_j
Newly Registered

Post by george_j » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:22 am

Hello

When i called up the VFS call center they mentioned today that for maintenance funds along with with the bank statements which shows i have maintained over and above 2800 pound equivalent, they need a letter from the bank stating my
name, account number, balance for the claimed previous 3 months to be > 2800

Is this letter from the bank necessary. I ask this because when i tried getting such a letter from ICICI bank they were not keen on issuing such a letter; i didnt press for the letter any further though.

Thanks
George

AANWAR

Post by AANWAR » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:50 am

most of the banks are not aware of the new requirements of UK home office and they seem reluctant in issuing a letter for maintenance funds.
when I went to my bank and asked them for the letter they refused and replied that they can provide me a letter showing the current available balance in my account or a letter showing the average balance during the last 3 moths. But both these letters are useless and do not fulfill the requirement of maintenance fund. So i convinced them by showing a scanned Maintenance Letter of my friend and printouts of UK home office guidelines and then they issued me a letter.

you are their (your bank) customer and this is the responsibility of the bank to facilitate you rather than being rigid that "we do not have such policy". Policies are made to facilitate customers and improve services and they should have no issues in providing such letter as long as this is not fake or incorrect.

Wish you best of luck.

mnarne
Newly Registered

Post by mnarne » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:56 am

Hi All,
This is my first post in this forum.
i am planning to go for EC Clearance on Jan'09 1st weeek in bangalore VFS..
can any one of you provide me the bank latter scanned copy.it will be useful to our other friends also in the group..so that we can produce in bank and ask for the same.

what is the maitenance fund rate for DECEMBER Month..pelase let me know..
Thanks
Murali

niranhopper
Newly Registered

Post by niranhopper » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:43 pm

Hi,

even i am not able to get a minimum balance statement from ICICI. The bank says that they will issue a Account statement for the entire 3 month period which should be more that sufficient to proove that i have maintained the neccessary funds.

For earning potential, i am submitting a 12 month account statement. Would these statement be sufficient enough to proove my minimum balance criteria also?

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:25 am

Hi mnarne,
For the maintenance fund bank letter, Please show the maintenance fund section in Tier1 Policy guidance to the Bank officials. It has been mentioned clearly in that. Lot of people have got from ICICI. I got one from Citibank by showing the PBS guidance.

To know the maintenance fund rate : Mail to British High Commission near ur place. If u r applying from South , Contact BHC chennai. My suggestion would be , you could take the Consular exchange rate mentioned at the VFS website .. But to be accurate , always contact BHC and get the rate.

Regards

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:33 am

Maintenance Fund Letter sample(taken from one of the threads)

Letter issued on Citi letter head with Citi official sign and seal of the bank
Dated: Oct 4 2008
To,
British Deputy High Commission (they do not issue a whomsoever...)
Chennai.

This is to Certify that Mr. XXXX is maintaining a Citibank Suvidha Savings account with us bearing Account no. XXXX since XXX

The withdrawal balance maintained as on 4/10/2008 is XXXINR and the equivalent amount in GBP is XXX

The minimum balance maintained in the account account from 1/7/2008 to till date is XXXINR and the equivalent amount in GBP is XXXX

The conversion rate taken is 84.35 INR per GBP

The certificate is issued at the request of the account holder without any recourse to us or commitment on our part.

Sincerely yours

suds19

Post by suds19 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:45 pm

Hi all,

Please correct if I'm wrong about signed & stamped online bank statement should be okay for Maintenance fund. One don't need to produce any separate letter from bank I suppose.

The tiergeneralguidance 204 (i) clearly states - "Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.".

Please comment.

Sudhanshu

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:36 pm

suds19 wrote:Hi all,

Please correct if I'm wrong about signed & stamped online bank statement should be okay for Maintenance fund. One don't need to produce any separate letter from bank I suppose.

The tiergeneralguidance 204 (i) clearly states - "Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.".

Please comment.

Sudhanshu
Going by the Guidance note on page 35 I would assume that your interpretation is correct. You might want to highlight the same in your cover letter though.

regards,

push_hsmp

saga_vishal
Newly Registered

Post by saga_vishal » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:04 am

is it true that stamp should be on every page. my MF statement has has 2 pages printed on bank letterhead but stamped on one page(last one oly.

will it be a prob