ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

British passport application

Post by jvjroop » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:09 am

Hi
we (me and my son) recently got naturalisation confirmation, waiting for the ceremony. soon after we receive our certificate we are planning to apply for passport. I see that we need to send documents, like our previous passports, naturalisation certificate etc to the HMPO. My sons current passport has expired. will that be an issue? should this be a valid one when sending it?
what are the other documents that i need to send to them?
Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British passport application

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:14 am

jvjroop wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:09 am
Hi
we (me and my son) recently got naturalisation confirmation, waiting for the ceremony. soon after we receive our certificate we are planning to apply for passport. I see that we need to send documents, like our previous passports, naturalisation certificate etc to the HMPO. My sons current passport has expired. will that be an issue? should this be a valid one when sending it? No there's no requirement that you have to present a valid foreign passport - send what you got. Purpose is to compare names being used in travel documents.
what are the other documents that i need to send to them? Naturalisation certificate.
Thank you
Original documents to be sent!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: British passport application

Post by jvjroop » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:15 am

Thank you