ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) Extension

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:49 am

If you apply today, and get super priority, the visa will be dated from date of decision. The new visa start date is NOT "tagged onto" the expiry date of the current visa!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tonyc
South Africa

Post by tonyc » Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:08 am

So if I read you correct then we cannot submit today and apply for a biometric appointment on Monday 3 July as that decision would be on Tuesday 4 July assuming that we get super priority and we would find ourselves having to apply for another expensive FLR(M) as we would have not been in the UK for 60 months when wanting to apply for ILR SET M . If that is true would it still be OK to submit today but apply for a biometric appointment for 21 Jul 2023 . This mortgage requirement is complicating this for us and we do not want the mortgage application to be denied . In our shoes would you wait until 21 July before submitting and hopefully get super priority and a biometric appointment the next day

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:28 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:02 am
tonyc wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:16 pm
Hi

Can I please get some advice regarding the following
I believe that you are not allowed to leave the country while you are waiting for a decision on an FLR (M) extension and if you do it will invalidate the application correct

Applicant is an airline pilot and leaves the country on a regular basis as part of his job
Should he mention this in his application Yes I

Normally he only uses his crew card when he comes in and out but just concerned that they ask for his BRP and that will have expired
Previous question on financial requirements: how are you meeting that?

So far an in time application is made, you retain same rights as you had with your status even when BRP has expired. However the pertinent bit is that of having to use the border while application is being processed.
There is no absence requirements on spouse visa route, leave to MOD and knowledgeable persons on jobs exempted from absence days if it applies here as an air pilot.
Hi, i myself will be the sponsor for my wife's FLR(M) extension, I will be submitting her application in August as her BRP expires 05/09 - just a query about where it says you cannot leave the country once you have submitted the FLR(M) application - does this apply to both applicant and sponsor or is it just the applicant who is not allowed to leave. I have a trip abroad booked for 04/09, which will be shortly after the application has been submitted. With a processing time of 6-8 weeks it means that my trip comes up in that time we will be waiting for a decision. Please could anybody clarify?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:22 pm

MAdnan1 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:28 am
AmazonianX wrote:
tonyc wrote:
Hi

I believe that you are not allowed to leave the country while you are waiting for a decision on an FLR (M) extension and if you do it will invalidate the application correct

Applicant is an airline pilot and leaves the country on a regular basis as part of his job

Normally he only uses his crew card when he comes in and out but just concerned that they ask for his BRP and that will have expired

So far an in time application is made, you retain same rights as you had with your status even when BRP has expired. However the pertinent bit is that of having to use the border while application is being processed.
There is no absence requirements on spouse visa route, leave to MOD and knowledgeable persons on jobs exempted from absence days if it applies here as an air pilot.
Hi, i myself will be the sponsor for my wife's FLR(M) extension, I will be submitting her application in August as her BRP expires 05/09 - just a query about where it says you cannot leave the country once you have submitted the FLR(M) application - does this apply to both applicant and sponsor No, only apply to applicant or is it just the applicant who is not allowed to leave. I have a trip abroad booked for 04/09, which will be shortly after the application has been submitted. With a processing time of 6-8 weeks it means that my trip comes up in that time we will be waiting for a decision. Please could anybody clarify?
Subsequently keep your questions to your own existing topic. Rude to hijack someone else's post.

MAdnan1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MAdnan1 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:25 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:22 pm
MAdnan1 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:28 am
AmazonianX wrote:
tonyc wrote:
Hi

Hi, i myself will be the sponsor for my wife's FLR(M) extension, I will be submitting her application in August as her BRP expires 05/09 - just a query about where it says you cannot leave the country once you have submitted the FLR(M) application - does this apply to both applicant and sponsor No, only apply to applicant or is it just the applicant who is not allowed to leave. I have a trip abroad booked for 04/09, which will be shortly after the application has been submitted. With a processing time of 6-8 weeks it means that my trip comes up in that time we will be waiting for a decision. Please could anybody clarify?
Subsequently keep your questions to your own existing topic. Rude to hijack someone else's post.
Thank you! Phew i can breathe, do not have to cancel my trip.

Sorry about the hijack, i am actually about to start my own topic where i will ask any further queries.