ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Discussion 2022

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mr_Knight
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Passport Application Discussion 2022

Post by Mr_Knight » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:03 pm

sophieluella wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:55 pm
I submitted my passport application online last week and I’ve got my passport form signed & witnessed along with all of the other documents gathered, but frustratingly I’m waiting on paper copies of my bank statement and phone bill to be sent, it’s been a pain trying to get them and I had to pay for one of them, but I have online statements with my address printed on them, has anyone printed their statements out and sent them instead of an “original” posted copy and was it accepted?
I personally havent had a physical bank statement letter or utility bill for atleast 5 years. I had no problems with my downloaded/printed ones.

mmmcgee
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mmmcgee » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:11 am

I had no issues with the printed version - it was the same as the one that used to come in the mail to me.

However, I did fold mine in thirds for good measure to look like it was mailed to me :)

My passport is a week sitting in NY ISC - I’m traveling to Ireland in July so I’m hoping it doesn’t get held up for long!

sophieluella
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sophieluella » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:26 am

Thanks both, I’ve just printed my 2 bills and folded them to look like they could’ve been sent in the post :D just sent my application off at the post office, finally! Feels good to be at the last hurdle.

TrishMc
United States of America

Post by TrishMc » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:51 am

mmmcgee wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:11 am
I had no issues with the printed version - it was the same as the one that used to come in the mail to me.

However, I did fold mine in thirds for good measure to look like it was mailed to me :)

My passport is a week sitting in NY ISC - I’m traveling to Ireland in July so I’m hoping it doesn’t get held up for long!
Mine is 3 weeks now at NY ISC. I wonder what's going on there?

mmmcgee
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mmmcgee » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:04 pm

TrishMc wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:51 am
mmmcgee wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:11 am

Mine is 3 weeks now at NY ISC. I wonder what's going on there?
Something is definitely up with yours, I’m afraid :(

My passport is now through ISC NY - the notification came up as: Moving through network and is at my local Boston distribution facility. So that’s about a week for me it took in customs.

I’m sorry this is happening to you! Id almost be tempted to just apply for a lost/damaged passport and get a new one which might be faster. Not sure if that would even work though!

extremechimping
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by extremechimping » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:38 pm

So something very strange has happened with my application.

My estimated completion date passed and as my witness is a teacher who will be finishing for the school summer holidays soon I thought I'd go on the web chat and ask about the status of my application if they don't call her before the holidays.

The person on the web chat said they will attempt to contact the witness a few times and if they don't succeed I will have to submit another consent form. This can be with a different witness or the same witness in September when the school term starts.

Then this afternoon I saw the status of my application changed to printing so I assumed they must have quickly rung her up to get my witness called box ticked. However when I messaged her asking if she had received a call she said she hadn't.

So I'm at a bit of a loss, either it's a mistake and my passport isn't actually approved or they decided to just skip calling the witness.

Has anyone else had a passport approved with their witness never being contacted?

TrishMc
United States of America

Post by TrishMc » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:45 pm

extremechimping wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:38 pm

My estimated completion date passed and as my witness is a teacher who will be finishing for the school summer holidays soon I thought I'd go on the web chat and ask about the status of my application if they don't call her before the holidays.

The person on the web chat said they will attempt to contact the witness a few times and if they don't succeed I will have to submit another consent form. This can be with a different witness or the same witness in September when the school term starts.

Then this afternoon I saw the status of my application changed to printing so I assumed they must have quickly rung her up to get my witness called box ticked. However when I messaged her asking if she had received a call she said she hadn't.

So I'm at a bit of a loss, either it's a mistake and my passport isn't actually approved or they decided to just skip calling the witness.

Has anyone else had a passport approved with their witness never being contacted?
My witness was never called, and they printed and dispatched everything. I would not worry at all about it.

extremechimping
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by extremechimping » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:55 pm

TrishMc wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:45 pm
extremechimping wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:38 pm

My witness was never called, and they printed and dispatched everything. I would not worry at all about it.
Oh that's interesting, they seemed very insistent about it on the web chat. Thanks for the response though, that puts my mind at ease.

AngloIrish
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by AngloIrish » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:43 pm

Congrats extremechimping!

My passport book was received today, which concludes my journey. Thanks all. Good luck all my fellow compatriots. 🇮🇪❤️

extremechimping
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by extremechimping » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:17 pm

AngloIrish wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:43 pm
Congrats extremechimping!

My passport book was received today, which concludes my journey. Thanks all. Good luck all my fellow compatriots. 🇮🇪❤️
Thank you!

Glad to hear you have received your passport, I will be happier once mine is in my hands as well XD

mmmcgee
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mmmcgee » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:37 pm

My passport has been delivered!

This concludes the over 5 year journey. Thanks to all for your support and camaraderie. Wishing you all a smooth and speedy process!

TrishMc
United States of America

Post by TrishMc » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:39 pm

TrishMc wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:11 pm
TrishMc wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:31 am
My documents, passport card and passport were all mailed from Dublin on June 9 (to US). Have received docs and pp card, but passport tracking says it has been in NY Customs since the day it got there - see tracking below.

Processed Through USPS Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
June 9, 2023, 2:14 pm

Anyone have a perspective on this? How can 2 of 3 similar items be delivered and one not? Should I be worried it's lost? Thanks!
Filed missing mail report with USPS a few days ago, no progress so far. Called DFA webchat yesterday and they said after 3 weeks from date of mailing I can make a claim and they will initiate investigation and (hopefully) reprint the passport. So close yet so far...
My journey is over, as well! Passport book arrived today, no advance notice. It was "stuck in NYC customer for 3 weeks and a day and finally arrived. Thanks for all the support on this board, and the FBR board. It has been a great help and comfort.
Image(13).jpeg
Image(13).jpeg (663.57 KiB) Viewed 3594 times

mmmcgee
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by mmmcgee » Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:59 pm

Congrats on your passport TrishMc! Glad it finally got there. :D

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:35 am

Could someone please tell me the required documents to apply for a first time passport after naturalisation?
We are hoping to receive my husbands certificate in the next few weeks and apply for his passport. I'm just trying to get the documents ready as I think it won't be as easy as I thought.
His US passport has his middle name on it so the Irish one has to match. Unfortunately for proof of name and address I'm struggling. I got a statement from Welfare stating his contributions which we can use as it has his middle name on it. We don't have any other proofs with his middle name though as he doesn't use it. Would they accept a driver statement from NDLS do you think? His licence has his middle name. Otherwise I will need to ask revenue to update his account to include his middle name and then generate a letter from them.
Does he also have to send his US passport at all for the application or will a photocopy of the PSC be enough? We can't send his US passport till nearly Jan I'd say, we have trips booked in July, Aug, Oct and Dec and we need a passport for those. I don't know if he needs to include the US passport or not because citizensinfo says he needs to include it, the dfa website says its only needed if he doesn't have a PSC.
Finally, I thought a certified copy of the cert of naturalisation was enough now? The passport website still says they want the original.

jimmygiii
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by jimmygiii » Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:07 pm

A good color scan/copy/photo of the US passport signed by the official witness is accepted as proof for FBR and Passports.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:49 pm

All my utility bills, revenue and bank statements are online.
Do they accept printouts or not ?
I am confused .

Mr_Knight
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mr_Knight » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:51 am

griffith2 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:49 pm
I am confused .
Yes.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:37 pm

Mr_Knight wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:51 am
griffith2 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:49 pm
I am confused .
Yes.
ty

Copy of PSC card doesnt have to be certified or does it? I have sent mine without certified by an Garda. Hopefully not a problem.

Snippet from the DFA website states:

Copy of front and back of Public Services Card, or a copy of driving licence certified by a solicitor or An Garda Síochána, or original passport or National ID Card from another country. If resident outside the state, certified colour copies of ID are acceptable. A copy can be certified by a police officer, a solicitor, the witness who signs your Identity Verification Form, or by the issuing authority.

jimmygiii
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by jimmygiii » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:00 pm

The copy of your card does need to be certified by the witness.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:12 pm

jimmygiii wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:00 pm
The copy of your card does need to be certified by the witness.
Any source to support your statement?
If they do require the PSC card to be certified by someone than does that mean the DFA website is giving false information ?

https://www.dfa.ie/passports/documentar ... .en.358286

Photographic identification

The Public Services Card is the most efficient way for you to verify your identify. This ensures that your application can be processed quickly. We only need a photocopy of your PSC card.
If you do not have a Public Services Card, you must submit an original government issued photographic identification. This could be an original passport from another country or a certified copy of your driver’s licence (certified by a solicitor or notary public).
If you do not have any suitable documents, you will have to arrange an interview with staff at our Passport Office in Dublin or Cork. Contact us to arrange this.

jimmygiii
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by jimmygiii » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:07 pm

It is a bit confusing but yes you are correct as it does appear that the PSC card is the lone exception, where all other forms of copied government issued ID's require the solicitor or notary to certify it. My apologies!

psychwarfare
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by psychwarfare » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:13 pm

Has anyone in the US had their passport dispatched but received no tracking info?

Mine was dispatched on July 12th, no tracking. Passport card has been "printing" since July 12th. Haha.

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:20 am

psychwarfare wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:13 pm
Has anyone in the US had their passport dispatched but received no tracking info?

Mine was dispatched on July 12th, no tracking. Passport card has been "printing" since July 12th. Haha.
They dont always update the tracker.
One of the guys on these boards were posting that their book was delivered and the tracker was stuck at printing. Maybe keep an eye at registered posts.

smc0502430
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by smc0502430 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:37 am

It has finally happened after 5 months of posting the same documents back multiple times, hours on the phone to their centre and debating with their webchat agents it has finally been printed and on its way

Timeline
02 March - Application Made
23 March - Application received
10 April - Processing Application
25 April - Request for more documents
15 May - Processing Application
21 May - Documents returned
16 June - Request for more documents (same documents sent back)
12 July - Processing Application
30 July - Printing
01 August - Dispatched

shnav
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by shnav » Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:19 pm

When filling the passport application, it gave an option to fill postal and home address differently as well. Is this only for people living outside Ireland and applying for their passport? Or residents within Ireland also can avail this option? Like my home address is different and I want it to be delivered at a different postal address?