ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which date to use for ILR application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amsjrt
Newly Registered

Which date to use for ILR application

Post by amsjrt » Sun May 29, 2005 4:20 pm

Hi,

(1)Is the 4 years requirement starts from the date I entered UK (as a work permit holder), or the dates which the work permit is aproved? I'm guessing the former. Can someone comfirm this?

If it is the former, is it alright that I put an estimate date of entry into UK. because I entered UK (as work permit holder) from Dublin (Republic of Ireland), hence there is no stamp in my passport to validate my entry date, and it was a long time to remember this?

However, I'm very sure I started working in UK on 15th October 2001, and I'm guessing I entered around 12th- to 14th Oct, can I assume (say) 13th Oct?

If I use 13th Oct 2001 as the start date into UK. that means I can start sending off my ILR application after 14th September 2005 (which is 4 weeks before the end of the 4th year)?

(2) I found the application form for my application , SET(O) but is there any guidance note of completing the form?

Thanks in advance.
amsjrt
[/b]

resider
Newly Registered

Post by resider » Mon May 30, 2005 10:03 am

This is certainly the date the home office stamped your passport on with the visa. Not the date on the work permit letter.

amsjrt
Newly Registered

Post by amsjrt » Mon May 30, 2005 9:55 pm

Thanks resident. Do you mean the "entry clerance" sticker on the passport,as the visa you are talking about?

As I entered Uk from Ireland, I applied and got a "entry clerance" sticker in Dublin but it wasn't stamped on my passport when entering UK from Dublin (ie around 13th October 2001). However, a few months later (in May 2002) when I returned back into UK from an overseas holiday, the passport control officer stamped on the side of the sticker. Will the immigration think that I entered in May 2002, rather than October 2001 (which is the real entry date)?

amsjrt