ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I have received feedback by now re citizenship?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kay27
Australia

Post by Kay27 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:30 am

Hi all,

Quick question re Registration number on GNIB card that needs to be submitted with application.

My GNIB card is not the new version that apparently has the registration number on the back. Is the registration number the number that starts with 69/xxxxxxxx?

Thanks in advance,

Kay

Kay27
Australia

Re: Registration number on GNIB card

Post by Kay27 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:32 am

Apologies, meant to also ask what is person ID? From Google search I don't necessarily have one.

Thank you

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:55 am

Well well well, glad to see you going forward!
Just to clarify, when was the last time you renewed your status here (and got a new card/permission letter)?

Registration number on all my cards, since I arrived back in '16, was the same six digits; it was put in remarks like "Registration No. 123456". You may not have it if you haven't renewed your permit in a while, I'd say.

Regarding Person ID - it's a number on the top right corner of your letters with ISD/INIS that is supposed to be given to people since a certain year. Here's a sample:
If you don't have one (had no communication with INIS/ISD that mentions it), that's fine - you'll get one whenever your citizenship application will be acknowledged.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Kay27
Australia

Post by Kay27 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:02 am

Hi meself,

Yes, still going ahead despite a few hiccups. The last card I have is dated from 2017 and expires in 2027.

It has (in order) my name, nationality, date of birth, stamp 5, then a 5-digit number starting 64, then a number starting 69/...../01, then the county I am in. On the bottom right there is another 9 digit number.

No idea which one is the registration number.

I don't ever recall getting letters sent to me so will leave that part looking for a Personal Number blank.

I have everything signed and just want to double check I don't need to send a colour copy of my whole passport. I can just send the certified colour copy of the biometric page, is that correct?

I came back from holiday recently and when going through security in Dublin I pulled out my gnib card, the lady smiled and said "whenever I see those ones, I know people have been here a long time". I explained 23 years. She said during covid some staff were moved to processing citizenship applications and she was surprised at the amout of paperwork needed! I told her I'm in the middle of applying and she felt my pain 😀

On the plus side, I'm pretty sure I have everything now. I've got my birth cert from Australia and just going through it all now double checking everything is in order.

The peace commissioner I went to told me that they have streamlined the process and it should take less than 19 months. Will be interesting to see how long it takes once I finally send it all in.

You've been so brilliant to me through all of this. Thank you!

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:25 am

Kay27 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:02 am
No idea which one is the registration number.
Here's a sample where they show the expected location of a Registration Number on the second last card -
(right click on it and open it in a new tab, then zoom in if you can't see it; not the best example, I know).

If this one is too new for you, here's the old one

In this one I would say number 7 (GNIB no.) would be the thing they're looking for, but I'm unsure; give me a while to check it through my archives and I'll get back to you about it. UPD: yea, number 7 is the "Registration No." on new cards.
Kay27 wrote:
I don't ever recall getting letters sent to me so will leave that part looking for a Personal Number blank.
Quoting ISD,
Write your Person ID Number, if applicable. (This is specified on all correspondence
Issued by Immigration Service Delivery since October 2011).
If you don't have correspondence, you don't know it'; they specifically say "if applicable", so you'll be fine leaving it blank.
Kay27 wrote:
I have everything signed and just want to double check I don't need to send a colour copy of my whole passport. I can just send the certified colour copy of the biometric page, is that correct?
Yep, that's the new developments. For your peace of mind, official announcement - https://www.irishimmigration.ie/further ... alisation/
Kay27 wrote:
The peace commissioner I went to told me that they have streamlined the process and it should take less than 19 months. Will be interesting to see how long it takes once I finally send it all in.
Might be even less, to be honest. Some people applying this year are getting naturalised today (as someone waiting since '21, I'm extremely jealous, but that's off topic), since they completely rehauled their system, so maybe you chose the right time to apply!
Kay27 wrote:
You've been so brilliant to me through all of this. Thank you!
No worries!
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Kay27
Australia

Post by Kay27 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:10 pm

That's great, yes mine is the old green card. I'll put in the no7 option as my registration number. That's really put my mind at ease.

Thanks for the link re the passport copy. I read the link and it's still a bit ambiguous as it says only a colour certified copy of the biometric is needed. It isn't clear if I still need to send the whole passport but just have the biometric certified? Sorry if I'm confusing you. They state not to send in additional paperwork so I don't want to send it in if I don't have to, but I'm still not sure.

I am looking at the latest form and don't see the tax clearance form mentioned. I've confused myself as I initially started applying with the previous form just before it was updated. The latest form mentions the residency checker but not tax clearance. Again, not sure if I should just send it in anyway.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:17 pm

Kay27 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:10 pm
I read the link and it's still a bit ambiguous as it says only a colour certified copy of the biometric is needed. It isn't clear if I still need to send the whole passport but just have the biometric certified?
From form 8:
2.A certified colour copy of the biometric page of your current in date passport .The
colour copy must be certified by a solicitor, commissioner for oaths, peace commissioner
or notary public.
They only mention the biometric page. I wouldn't think they'd need a full copy - if they would, they would be less ambiguous.
Kay27 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:10 pm
I am looking at the latest form and don't see the tax clearance form mentioned. I've confused myself as I initially started applying with the previous form just before it was updated. The latest form mentions the residency checker but not tax clearance. Again, not sure if I should just send it in anyway.
I'd say throw that in, since you have it.

Kay27
Australia

Post by Kay27 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:12 pm

Thanks, yes, I'll just send the taxclearance. No harm doing that.

Kay27
Australia

Post by Kay27 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:21 pm

Hi all,

Sent all my documentation for my citizenship application on 23/6/23. I tracked the envelope and it is showing as delivered. Should I have received formal notice that my documentation was received by this point?

Thanks in advance.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Should I have received feedback by now re citizenship?

Post by meself2 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:35 pm

Nope. I waited for 6 months to get acknowledgement letter with no confirmation about documents (got passport sent back in a month, but they specifically stated it's not processed and they don't do that anymore).

Tends to be faster now, some say in a matter of weeks, but give it 2-3 months.

Kay27
Australia

Re: Should I have received feedback by now re citizenship?

Post by Kay27 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:09 pm

Thanks meself

Main thing is they have received it so I'll remain positive I'll hear back bin due course.