ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ESCJack
Newly Registered
Malta

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by ESCJack » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:40 pm

ferocious12 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:12 pm
ESCJack wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:24 pm
I’ve had my address check !!! 🥳

Applied online - 15 Sept 2022
Documents received - 23 Sept 2022
Address check email - 5 July 2023

Got everything crossed this is a good sign and no further documents will be required!
Hi congratulations ! on what basis did you apply?
Thank you! I applied through my Dad and Gran. I was 100% sure I sent everything required but you never know.... they said this in the email:

"Receipt of this e-mail is not an indication of a successful outcome to your application, however confirmation of your address will facilitate us in processing your application more efficiently."

I am guessing this is standard and if they required anything else they would've asked by now? Will have to wait and see :)

Runrig
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by Runrig » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:41 pm

For me, almost 5 months since additional documents were received and still nothing...

Be ready to wait many more months.
TayBluetooth wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:49 pm
Hi there,

Does anybody have any idea at all how big the backlog is for missing documents?

Been waiting 3 months and heard nothing back at all.

user303
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by user303 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:16 pm

Have phoned them a couple times in the last couple months. In May they said additional documents are taking around 3 months to process, and when I just spoke to them today they are now saying that it will be closer to 9 months :cry:

I don't understand how it can have changed that much, and I also just don't understand how it can possibly take them this long to process these, and just the pure lack of communication from them through every step of this process. Has been almost 2 years now since my original application and no clear end in sight yet. Surely there is a way for them to make this process more efficient it seems completely absurd.

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:10 pm

user303 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:16 pm
I also just don't understand how it can possibly take them this long to process these,
Because it's not a priority for them.

I have a hypothesis that they are working to a metric. That is, they have a goal to get processing time down under some number of months. Applications which need additional documents don't count toward this metric. As such, they get minimal resources.

Runrig
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by Runrig » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:51 pm

The rate things are going, soon it will be faster to just reapply from scratch. The times are getting quite close now.

cyforcypher
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by cyforcypher » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:59 pm

Hi everyone, has anyone had to ask for a delay in sending the FBR certificate due to travel? I got my address check on May 24, but asked to delay 6 weeks since it looked like it would arrive while I was travelling (in Ireland!). They said to contact them when I got back, which I did, on July 3. Haven't heard anything yet, but am slightly concerned that my request could cause delays.

Thanks and all the best!

DV22
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by DV22 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:55 pm

Hi everyone, apologies if this has been answered already or belongs in a different thread. I recently received my FBR Certificate (applied in Oct. 2020...) and am moving on to the passport phase, however I'm having a hard time figuring out what supporting documentation is required and which items need to be witnessed. Do I have the complete list?
  • Identity verification form (witnessed)
  • FBR Certificate (or witnessed copy)
  • Birth certificate
  • Proof of address
  • Proof of name (different document than address)
  • Photo ID (does an expired passport work here?)
I'll be applying for a passport along with my dad now, and I was wondering if he needs to provide the same documentation, and do we need to supply additional passport-sized photos? Thanks so much for any insights.

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:13 pm

DV22 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:55 pm
however I'm having a hard time figuring out what supporting documentation is required and which items need to be witnessed. Do I have the complete list?

and do we need to supply additional passport-sized photos? Thanks so much for any insights.
I also struggeld with this, but it went through without a hitch.
Here's what I sent:

● Identity Verification Form, witnessed by [my lawyer]
● Birth certificate (long form, raised seal)
● US Passport (original) as government issued photo identification

For Proof of Name and Proof of Address
● Water and Sewer Bill from [my town]
● Real Estate Tax Bill from [my town]
● Mobile Phone bill
● TV, Internet, and Phone bill

Additional Documents
● Foreign Birth Registration Certificate (original)
● US Passport (as above)

No passport photos as that was submitted online.
I sent my original US passport (not expired) and the original FBR cert.

TTYW
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TTYW » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:02 pm

Long time reader and am only just joining. Thanks to everyone on this board for uploading their timeframes and helpful information, thought I’d join and ask for advice.

Application submitted online - 31.08.2022
Documents sent - 23.09.2022
Documents received confirmation email - 03.10.2022

As of yet I’m still waiting for an address confirmation, which should be any day now going off the other address confirmations that have been posted here. Does anyone have the correct email to contact them on for an update or any advice and experience with regards to contacting them?

The official advice currently is that it’s a nine month wait, which given my documents were received on the 03.10.2022 would mean that I should have received an address confirmation this week commencing 03.07.2023.

I have been checking my junk mail but I’m worried I could have missed it potentially.

Thanks again to everyone for their posts on this forum so far.

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:31 pm

TTYW wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:02 pm
The official advice currently is that it’s a nine month wait, which given my documents were received on the 03.10.2022 would mean that I should have received an address confirmation this week commencing 03.07.2023.

I have been checking my junk mail but I’m worried I could have missed it potentially.

Nah, we haven't seen anyone yet report they've had an address check for an Oct 2022 docs received date.
That 9 months is more of a guideline than a rule.
I'd guess you'll hear in the next 3-4 weeks.

rgaines3
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by rgaines3 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:48 pm

In the FB group, I saw someone whose documents were received on 4 October 2022 has received their address check. I was glad to finally see an Oct 2022 date, as my docs were received 11 Oct. Now I'll just be checking my email obsessively for the foreseeable future...
GoingBackBackToEire wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:31 pm
TTYW wrote:

Nah, we haven't seen anyone yet report they've had an address check for an Oct 2022 docs received date.

ESCJack
Newly Registered
Malta

Post by ESCJack » Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:13 pm

The day I’ve been dreaming about has finally arrived! 🇮🇪

My FBR application has been approved - I’m officially an Irish citizen!!!

My timeline:

Applied online - 15 Sept 2022
Documents received - 23 Sept 2022
Address check email - 5 July 2023
Congratulations - 10 July 2023

I'm so happy!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

TTYW
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TTYW » Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:00 pm

rgaines3 wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:48 pm
In the FB group, I saw someone whose documents were received on 4 October 2022 has received their address check. I was glad to finally see an Oct 2022 date, as my docs were received 11 Oct. Now I'll just be checking my email obsessively for the foreseeable future...
TTYW wrote:

It seems a bit random as to when you get the address check. Officially they do them in chronological order but from reading this board it seems that’s not always the case. Hopefully in the next few weeks we get one *fingers crossed*. When did the 4th Oct guy get theirs in the FB group you mentioned?

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:13 pm

TTYW wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:00 pm
It seems a bit random as to when you get the address check. Officially they do them in chronological order but from reading this board it seems that’s not always the case.
It can look that way from the outside.
But I understand they start them in chronological order by date received. However the address check comes near the end of the process, so those can be out of sync based on how long the verification takes.
Having a look at the spreadsheet data, the variability is low. The address checks are generally in order, and when they aren't, it's by no more than a week or two at the most. Small potatoes in the grand scheme.

Those 1-2 weeks can feel like an eternity when it's your application seemingly delayed.

TTYW
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by TTYW » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:09 pm

Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:13 pm
TTYW wrote:
It seems a bit random as to when you get the address check. Officially they do them in chronological order but from reading this board it seems that’s not always the case.
But I understand they start them in chronological order by date received. However the address check comes near the end of the process, so those can be out of sync based on how long the verification takes.
Having a look at the spreadsheet data, the variability is low. The address checks are generally in order, and when they aren't, it's by no more than a week or two at the most. Small potatoes in the grand scheme.

Those 1-2 weeks can feel like an eternity when it's your application seemingly delayed.
That makes sense. You wrote that you sent your original passport off when applying for a first passport based on an FBR. Is it acceptable to send off a notarised / witnessed photocopy of that as opposed to the original document which could mean you were essentially unable to travel outside of the country when you send it off?

Hurley808
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Hurley808 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:57 pm

App submitted 23/08/2022
Docs received 12/09/2022
Address confirmed: 20/06/2023
Congratulations: 10/07/2023

Waiting for the certificate to come in, super stoked to wake up and see the email. They didn’t provide a tracking number for certificate but I’m hoping just a few weeks for it to reach my destination. On to the passport! Good luck peoples!

Coachman
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Coachman » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:17 pm

The passport application cover page will have the requirements for documentation needed. They list out what needs to be original and what is allowed via notarized copy of original. The rules are more lenient now than last year.
TTYW wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:09 pm
TTYW wrote:

That makes sense. You wrote that you sent your original passport off when applying for a first passport based on an FBR. Is it acceptable to send off a notarised / witnessed photocopy of that as opposed to the original document which could mean you were essentially unable to travel outside of the country when you send it off?

MercyGirl
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by MercyGirl » Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:02 pm

Got my address check today! They are in to early October 2022 now!

Online application submitted: May 15, 2022
Documents received (took me awhile to gather and send in): October 4, 2022
Address check: July 10, 2023

ferocious12

Post by ferocious12 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:56 am

TTYW wrote:

Docs for my daughter's application were received on 8 Sep 2022. Still no word, while I am seeing response for applications where docs received in late Sep, early Oct

mari1234
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by mari1234 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:45 pm

TTYW wrote:
rgaines3 wrote:
TTYW wrote:

It seems a bit random as to when you get the address check. Officially they do them in chronological order but from reading this board it seems that’s not always the case. Hopefully in the next few weeks we get one *fingers crossed*. When did the 4th Oct guy get theirs in the FB group you mentioned?
I got a 'documents received' email on 4th October 2022 for my daughter's FBR application, and received the address confirmation today. Her FBR application is based on my own entry onto the FBR, which was approved while I was pregnant with her just over a year ago. I hope we're a reasonably straightforward case and that'll be that!

simc92
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by simc92 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:03 pm

Thanks for all the info over the past month or so!

My timeline has been:

Docs received email - 26th September 2022
Address Conformation email - 29th June 2023
Approval email - 11th July 2023 - States that certificate has been sent registered delivery

Best of luck to everyone waiting!

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:34 pm

TTYW wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:09 pm
At the time I applied for my passport, that was not officially an option, though there were some reports on the passport thread that they were successful with it, and some had failed. I knew I wasn't going to need my passport for the <2 months turnaround time, so it wasn't a big deal to send it.

IIRC, the failures were because the copy wasn't notarized the way the passport office wants it done. I guess it's different from how US notaries are trained or something? It was a hassle I didn't want to deal with so I sent the original.

corky100
United Kingdom

Post by corky100 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:17 pm

Can't go wrong this way re. certifying docs :)

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to- ... -document/

jimmygiii
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by jimmygiii » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:18 pm

Application submitted - 26/September/2022
Documents received email - 04/October/2022
Processing fee email - 10/July/2023
Address check email - 11/July/2023

Progress!

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:22 pm

rgaines3 wrote:
TTYW wrote:

Also bear in mind, there are different groups that do FBR applications, some are slower than others. Sometimes the person who has your application goes on vacation (it is now summer). so don't panic, it's not the same for everyone. There is variance between teams, employees etc. You should hear soon I'm sure.