ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

getting stamp 4 visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

enzopelegrini
Newly Registered
Brazil

getting stamp 4 visa

Post by enzopelegrini » Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:30 pm

Hello guys, I recently finished school but and ive been living in Ireland since 2018 but I still dont have stamp 4, I have no job because I cant work on stamp 3 and Im wondering what i have to do to get stamp 4.

meself2
Ireland

Re: getting stamp 4 visa

Post by meself2 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:08 pm

Are you a CSEP dependant?

If yes, what are your plans (do you want to work or do you plan to study) and why would you need a Stamp 4 specifically?

Assuming you want to work and not study at all/study part time, you can avail of dependant working permit - see https://enterprise.gov.ie/en/what-we-do ... nt-permit/ . Keep in mind that one if it's conditions is you have to be someone "who is not in full-time education". You'll get a Stamp 1, but for it you need a job offer..and that's basically it.

If you thinking of full time studies, your best option is to keep Stamp 3. It'll count for citizenship and you can study just fine (unless you have work placement, see below).

If you want to both work and study or your course has work experience, you'd have to get Stamp 2. If you're young enough by the time you're applying for citizenship (18-22), you're going to qualify for citizenship as young adult with Stamp 2 anyway (look up "young adult").

If I read your circumstances incorrectly, let me know and be more descriptive with your situation - I have to deduce all about you.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mellowmeadow
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mellowmeadow » Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:05 pm

If you thinking of full time studies, your best option is to keep Stamp 3. It'll count for citizenship and you can study just fine (unless you have work placement, see below).

If you want to both work and study or your course has work experience, you'd have to get Stamp 2. If you're young enough by the time you're applying for citizenship (18-22), you're going to qualify for citizenship as young adult with Stamp 2 anyway (look up "young adult").
You can do work placement on stamp 3 if it is unpaid and part of your course. I received this in writing from INIS confirming that I can do unpaid placement as part of my course while on stamp 3.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:10 pm

mellowmeadow wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:05 pm

You can do work placement on stamp 3 if it is unpaid and part of your course. I received this in writing from INIS confirming that I can do unpaid placement as part of my course while on stamp 3.
Even better then (but that only.works for unpaid placements). Thank you!
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.