ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry and exit into and out of the UK for EU citizens

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Entry and exit into and out of the UK for EU citizens

Post by imbik » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:03 pm

I am sure someone already shared this before but I just wanted to remind and again give more details.

As you know, EU passports usually won't be stamped when you travel from/to the UK. I had the same problem during naturalisation application for my wife and daughter, so I used the following link to request their entry and exit information into and out of the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

You just need to fill an online application form (per person) and write a physical letter of permission to SARU so that they can request this info from the borders on behalf of you. Then you need to take a copy of your passport or driving licence (BRC,etc) and get it certified ( go to post office website and look for document certification, fill a simple form, find a nearest branch and get your photo ID certified).

On the letter, say; I, xxxxxxxx, hereby give UK Visas & Immigration permission to check my records, make a copy of my travel history (entry and exit into and out of the UK) for the past 5 years and send it to (email address)...

Put the letter and certified copy of ID in the same envelope and send it to the address they will give you during online application. That is exactly what I did last month and I received separate emails for both my wife and daughter showing listed entrance and exits from/to the UK.
I love science

Ixeon659
Latvia

Re: Entry and exit into and out of the UK for EU citizens

Post by Ixeon659 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:39 am

EU passports are not stamped but that's not a problem for naturalisation, usually applicants declare all absences in their application and HO will check their databases as well, they might not match because some entries/exits might be incomplete if a person travelled to/from the UK via Ireland or another CTA territory. I know one guy who lives in Belfast and always travels via Dublin airport, so no records in UK system and it's not a problem at all