ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Britishhope
Mood:
India

Applying ILR with Covid absence

Post by Britishhope » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:14 am

Hi all,

My wife will be eligible for ILR on 30th July 2023.
But she went to my home country on 12th March 2020 and got struck. Though UK borders were open, in my home Country travel was restricted and we travelled back immediately when some special service were opened.
So she was out of country from 12th March to 2nd sept 2020. We have all evidence of flight cancellations, government restrictions etc.

Can we apply ILR in august 2023 producing all evidence. If anyone have been through the same kindly share your experience

Thanks in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Applying ILR with Covid absence

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:55 am

Britishhope wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:14 am
Hi all,

My wife will be eligible for ILR on 30th July 2023.
But she went to my home country on 12th March 2020 and got struck. Though UK borders were open, in my home Country travel was restricted and we travelled back immediately when some special service were opened.
So she was out of country from 12th March to 2nd sept 2020. We have all evidence of flight cancellations, government restrictions etc.

Can we apply ILR in august 2023 producing all evidence. If anyone have been through the same kindly share your experience

Thanks in advance
Is she on spouse visa or some dependent visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:56 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:55 am
Is she on spouse visa or some dependent visa?
PBS dependent visa based on OPs previous posts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Britishhope
Mood:
India

Post by Britishhope » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:28 am

She is the main applicant. She is on Tier 2 Skilled VISA.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:56 am

This is up to UKVI so we cannot tell you what to expect. Travel to the UK was largely possible, though there were testing or quarantine requirements in place. I'd say you need to prove that travel was impossible for you and not simply inconvenient.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Britishhope
Mood:
India

Post by Britishhope » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:02 am

Thank for the reply. As i mentioned UK borders were open. But India banned international flights from March mid 2020 to July 2020. we have evidence of Flight cancellation and Government's announcement of ban on international flight.

Few People who have been struck in the same way as we were will be eligible for ILR in this year. so wanted to check anyone faced the same situation and submitted ILR application

Britishhope
Mood:
India

When to apply for ILR

Post by Britishhope » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:18 am

HI,

I searched the forum and couldn't find any similar post. so posting a separate post.

My Wife first visa started on 28th August 2018 and is eligible to apply ILR from 31st July 2023.

In this case can i submit the ILR application now and book appointment for biometrics after 31st July

or the application itself can be submitted after 31st July 2023 only?

Thanks in advance!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: When to apply for ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:14 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice