ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sponsoring my brother

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zamaha
Member of Standing

sponsoring my brother

Post by zamaha » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:16 pm

Hi everyone.
Never thought after being on visa for so long myself, now I actually think of bringing someone else here.
I have a company for the last 7-8 years. I was thinking to bring my brother to help me with the managing of it and also the marketing part of it.
we are not yet VAT registered. Is this gonna be a problem?
Also, can I bring my own brother? is there any disadvantage or rules against bringing your own family member?
My spouse has her own company but her company is around for just above a year now?
we need to apply for the license, so any advice is highly appreciated.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Re: sponsoring my brother

Post by zamaha » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:13 pm

Could someone please answer me?
thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: sponsoring my brother

Post by manci » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:44 am

'Your company will need a sponsor licence to sponsor anyone. See':

'https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _08-22.pdf

Once the licence is granted the company can sponsor your brother provided the genuine vacancy requirement is met. Key personnel Level 1 User cannot assign a Certificate of Sponsorship to themselves or to a close family member. Sponsor note needs to be added to the COS to inform UKVI that the CoS is assigned to a close family member of anyone in the company