ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist visa for the UK from India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ab713

Tourist visa for the UK from India

Post by ab713 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:01 pm

Hi All,

I understand, maximum time anyone can stay on tourist visa for the UK is 6 months but if someone wants to visit the UK again, is there any cooling off period or they can simply go back in the origin country and apply for the tourist visa for the UK again and come back to the UK?

Thank you in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tourist visa for the UK from India

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:15 pm

The key is, they should not be spending more time in the UK than they do in their home country in any 12 month period. That would be considered using a visitor visa as a guise to reside in the UK. Also note if they apply for a visa stating they will visit for 1 month and then stay 6 months, and then apply again for another visa shortly after leaving the UK etc, this will invite a lot of scrutiny of their applications and intentions.
You cannot:

do paid or unpaid work for a UK company or as a self-employed person
claim public funds (benefits)
live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent or successive visits
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: Tourist visa for the UK from India

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:53 pm

Also, while one can legally stay in the UK for six months on a visit visa, keep in mind that any subsequent visit visa application will be subject to closer scrutiny the closer to the six month limit the person has stayed in the UK.

So, for instance, if a person has stayed in the UK for five and a half months on a visit visa, in any subsequent visa application, they would need to give a very good explanation of why they need to visit the UK again any time soon.

If you are planning to apply for your parents' or in-laws, keep their visits short. Ration their time in the UK for special family occasions. They should not create the impression that they are residing in the UK, not merely visiting.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.