ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKM (Romein) - help with online form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brendan78
Newly Registered
South Africa

UKM (Romein) - help with online form

Post by brendan78 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:05 pm

HI all just need some guidance on how to complete the UK form. Born 1978 to South African mother (in south africa) who also had rights to UK citizenship
The old paper UKM form simply asks for "mothers nationality" and how she acquired British citizenship - my brother filled out his paper form stating "south african", and "acquired British citizenship through her parents who were born in the UK" and his citizenship was granted.

The online version asks for mothers nationality, and has she ever held any other citizenship, and if so, then what nationality. How do I fill this out? There is no field to clarify how my mother acquired her British citzenship

Many thanks

Pallykin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: UKM (Romein) - help with online form

Post by Pallykin » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:05 pm

I put UK citizen for my mother’s nationality. She was US born with a US passport but also a UK citizen from birth through her father and that was what was relevant.

One caveat: my application hasn’t been approved yet. I’m glad to hear that your brother’s was.