ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Post by sairsint » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:56 pm

I agree that you shouldn’t reapply, but I also agree that it’s absolutely infuriating to watch 2023 applications continue to be approved. I really don’t care if it’s minor or adult cases, they should not continue work on these, if for no other reason than out of respect for the massive backlog of 2021/2 applicants.

Many of us have been waiting nearly two months just to start the evetting process and it’s not our fault they decided to submit 13,000 all at once. If they would just communicate with us more often I think it would lower the temperature dramatically.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:24 am

It is indeed madness, but I doubt reapplication will help.

As things stand, you've done what you need on your side, unless you're willing to reach out to your MP, which is certainly possible; also, ISD would certainly want to show the high number of people going through the process so minister is happy, hence I would expect them to also put pressure on NVB to get things done in good time before autumn ceremony (no idea when it'll be).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:47 am

I am fine if minors approvals are fast, I found that minors can't really apply if they not born in country before their parents - not really fair.

And honestly, it is different stages - for example, minister is free to give approvals, but e-vetting team not free, no they can't view your NVB, so it is ok if 2023 get approvals here.

I'd recommend relax and wait - seems they improving process, me and my wife waiting since July 2021, I didn't invited June ceremony with 950 payment (they processed too late), and my wife just filled e-vetting.
I was worried, but realized it things we can't really influe right now, so relax and wait - if you applied 2021 or 2022 I 98% sure you will be invited to ceremony before 31 Dec 2023

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:24 pm

I disagree. If you look at the official GNVB Statistics you will see they receive and process hundred of thousands of vettings per year. Based on this, the addition of 13,000 requests is not going to cause significant delays (in terms of months) like many of us are encountering right now.

If you look at evetting the process itself, it appears that much of the heavy lifting on the Registered Organisation (i.e. the ISD) not the GNVB. I believe the delay is likely on the ISD who need to review and process the 13,000 invitations that were submitted back to them before they can send them over to the GNVB for evetting. If that's the case, any work the ISD does on 2023 applications is likely inappropriate at this time as their resources should be going into the 2021/2 backlog.

From the link above:

Garda Vetting Statistics (updated monthly)
Total Applications Received
May 2023 247,561
2022 549,198
2021 432,661
2020 384,077
2019 487,683
2018 520,690
2017 497,045

There are also consistent questions being asked by TD's to the Minister (#1) & (#2) which tells me people are making contact with their TD's to ask these questions which is putting pressure on the Minister to provide answers, even if they are redundant.

The question that needs to be asked is how they intent to process ~20,000 2021/2 applicants over the next two sets of ceremonies (according to their recent statements) and are there plans to forgo the requirement to attend a ceremony to make the declaration as recently amended and enacted in the Courts and Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023. By doing so this would most certainly help to expedite this entire process.

FidoDido29
Ireland

Post by FidoDido29 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:15 pm

My best guess the reply won't any different than what's below:
I am deeply conscious of how important the granting of naturalisation is to all of those who apply for it. My Department is aware that delays in processing times are frustrating and disruptive for applicants, and we are working hard to improve the position.

It is recognised that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a decision on their application without delay. However, the nature of the naturalisation process is such that, for a broad range of reasons, some cases will take longer than others to process. In some instances, completing the necessary checks can take a considerable period of time.

There are ongoing developments and improvements being made to the citizenship application process to help make it more efficient and reduce the amount of time it takes. Significant reforms have been introduced for customers to streamline the number of proofs required to establish their identity and residency as part of the application process. A new scorecard was also introduced to help applicants to complete their applications, and a new eVetting mechanism has been put in place.

Finally, I can advise the Deputy that the Citizenship Division of my Department intends to regularly communicate with all applicants on a quarterly basis into the future, to keep them updated on the status of their application

ref. : https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... /70/#pq_70

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:02 pm

It’s because they aren’t quite asking the proper questions regarding how they intend to clear the backlog (this year) specific to 2021/2 applications or if a ceremony will still be required to make declarations.

That said, let’s work this out with the Ministers stated figures in that 11 July debate:

- Total applications on hand: 31,610
- Applications received in 2023: 10,000
- Naturalised in 2023: 6,061 (we can now forget this number for the purposes of this)
- Approved / pending payment in 2023: 8,700
- Total after removing the 2023 applications: 21,610
- Total remaining 2021/2 applications to be approved: 12,910 (21,610-8,700)
- Total remaining 2021/2/3 applications: 16,849

What this tells me:

The 12,910 remaining backlog applications is in line with the previously stated figure of 13,000 applicants that received evetting invitations back in May. So if the vetting comes back clear and there’s no further information requested from or pending receipt by the ISD, I would assume the majority of 12,910 will be approved this year.

Getting an invitation and attending a ceremony in 2023 is a different issue. That said, the Minister made a previous claim that more than 10,000 already attended ceremonies this year (within the first six months) so having enough capacity for ~12,910 applicants at ceremonies this year isn’t unreasonable.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:43 am

According to the 2022 Citizenship Application Timelines topic some of the 13,000 22 May invitations receipients have finally been submitted to the NVB as of yesterday (13 July).

"13/07/2023 email from e-vetting to tell application forwarded to NVB"

Bluebird71
Ireland

Post by Bluebird71 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:48 am

Does that mean that other received an email yesterday on the 13th of July advising that ? I completed the invitation on the 22nd of May and still nothing.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:52 am

Bluebird71 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:48 am
Does that mean that other received an email yesterday on the 13th of July advising that ? I completed the invitation on the 22nd of May and still nothing.
No, they got the email on July 13th.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:59 am

Bluebird71 wrote:
No as I'm still waiting too. I assume they are likely going in chronological order and those few that posted these updates applied in February 2022.

This is why I was so irritated to see any 2023 applications being processed. The bottleneck for these NVB submissions in on the ISD, not the NVB.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:14 am

sairsint wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:59 am
Bluebird71 wrote:
No as I'm still waiting too. I assume they are likely going in chronological order and those few that posted these updates applied in February 2022.

This is why I was so irritated to see any 2023 applications being processed. The bottleneck for these NVB submissions in on the ISD, not the NVB.
I am also waiting, but I have received nothing from ISD. The good news is that people who applied for e-vetting consent on May 22 have begun receiving the NVB. I hope we receive one as well in the coming days, as I reached out to my solicitor, who sent a letter to the Citizenship department, which responded, "Your client's application is being processed in the normal way," ignoring her request. My friends who applied on March 23 have already paid the fees and received confirmation that payment has been processed, and I have sent two emails in the last two months asking when I will receive the NVB link. This puzzles me a great deal!!

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:24 pm

I agree that it's good news these have finally begun, but it tells us they are only on the February 2022 applicants as of yesterday and we have no idea how many they are processing per day/week/month. It does make me question what they have been doing for the last two months since we submitted our invitations back to them (aside from processing some 2023 applications :x ). Further, the only information we have is what other people post about their own application process. We don't know the status for the many other applicants that are not posting updates or are even taking part in this forum.

I would say it will be another few weeks or longer before they get to through the entire 13,000 of us, but I hope that I am wrong in saying this.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:19 pm

sairsint wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:24 pm
I agree that it's good news these have finally begun, but it tells us they are only on the February 2022 applicants as of yesterday and we have no idea how many they are processing per day/week/month. It does make me question what they have been doing for the last two months since we submitted our invitations back to them (aside from processing some 2023 applications :x ). Further, the only information we have is what other people post about their own application process. We don't know the status for the many other applicants that are not posting updates or are even taking part in this forum.

I would say it will be another few weeks or longer before they get to through the entire 13,000 of us, but I hope that I am wrong in saying this.
I believe they should send another customer message to all applicants who are still awaiting the start of their e-vetting, explaining how they are triggering the NVB emails and whether or not they are being followed in chronological order. I do agree that it is difficult to understand based on the people posting on this forum, and many others would be in similar or different situations. However, what I do know is that I have a friend who is currently at 24 months and hasn't even received the NVB link, so if they are processing the Feb 2022 lot, they should have already processed the lot prior to Feb 2022, which they have not.

I hope they don't make us wait any longer and at least have the e-vetting consent moved to the ISD website to be completed. 2023 applicants continue to post regular updates on the other thread regarding payments, but 13,000 of us are in limbo! so agitated :| :roll: :shock: :?

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:46 pm

Not sure if everyone is following the below, but I thought it was worth sharing:

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... itizenship

The minister has stated that "To ensure older files are also progressing under the new system my Department has recently written to 13,000 applicants with electronic links to commence eVetting. Over the last two months around 3,000 of these vetting files have been progressed and significant work in underway to ensure the remaining vetting is completed in the coming months with the aim of issuing invites to applicants for citizenship ceremonies by the end of this year"

It appears that they were only able to process 3,000 e-vetting requests from May 22, and they plan to process the remaining requests in the UPCOMING MONTHS.

My only remaining hope is that they will process the e-vetting in chronological order, as opposed to randomly selecting and pushing the NVB links.

Only 3000 were processed. :evil: :evil:

peace23
Ireland

Post by peace23 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:20 pm

If they process the remining13,000 e vetting + the 8,700 approval by the next ceremonies this year that would be a massive achievement. So, 21,700 in total.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:35 pm

User20123 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:46 pm
Not sure if everyone is following the below, but I thought it was worth sharing:

The minister has stated that "To ensure older files are also progressing under the new system my Department has recently written to 13,000 applicants with electronic links to commence eVetting. Over the last two months around 3,000 of these vetting files have been progressed and significant work in underway to ensure the remaining vetting is completed in the coming months with the aim of issuing invites to applicants for citizenship ceremonies by the end of this year"

It appears that they were only able to process 3,000 e-vetting requests from May 22, and they plan to process the remaining requests in the UPCOMING MONTHS.

My only remaining hope is that they will process the e-vetting in chronological order, as opposed to randomly selecting and pushing the NVB links.

These are truly disappointing figures. That is 1,500 applicants per month, so at this rate it will be another 6 months before they clear the remaining 10,000 still in the queue.

"Over the last two months around 3,000 of these vetting files have been progressed and significant work in underway to ensure the remaining vetting is completed in the coming months with the aim of issuing invites to applicants for citizenship ceremonies by the end of this year."

I assume the Minister is referring to, at least in part, the temp staff they have been hiring to process applications. Still, the math doesn't add up to support the Ministers consistent claims about clearing 2021/2 applicants this year. I can't understand why the TD's aren't pushing back as the numbers being referred to and the claim that everyone will be completed this year simply do not make sense! Further, why are they so adamant on having these ceremonies when the recent amendments to the Courts and Civil Law Act allow the Minister to remove this requirement in times like these?

I commend the TD's that have been questioning the Minister on this topic over the past weeks, but I think it's time to make contact with the hope of getting more specific questions asked of the Minister.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:15 am

sairsint wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:35 pm
User20123 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:46 pm

These are truly disappointing figures. That is 1,500 applicants per month, so at this rate it will be another 6 months before they clear the remaining 10,000 still in the queue.

"Over the last two months around 3,000 of these vetting files have been progressed and significant work in underway to ensure the remaining vetting is completed in the coming months with the aim of issuing invites to applicants for citizenship ceremonies by the end of this year."

I assume the Minister is referring to, at least in part, the temp staff they have been hiring to process applications. Still, the math doesn't add up to support the Ministers consistent claims about clearing 2021/2 applicants this year. I can't understand why the TD's aren't pushing back as the numbers being referred to and the claim that everyone will be completed this year simply do not make sense! Further, why are they so adamant on having these ceremonies when the recent amendments to the Courts and Civil Law Act allow the Minister to remove this requirement in times like these?

I commend the TD's that have been questioning the Minister on this topic over the past weeks, but I think it's time to make contact with the hope of getting more specific questions asked of the Minister.
Based on what I have observed, not even the TDs are receiving answers to the questions they pose. On the majority of questions, the same generic content has been cut and pasted. I read on this thread that 2022 applicants have begun receiving NVB links. When I checked the 2022 timeline thread, I saw that people who applied later last year have received the NVB link, whereas I and 1,000 others who applied at the start of 2022 are still waiting.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:04 am

I ran some debate queries and after reading through many of the results and I have decided to not bother doing anything else. If you look at the constant drumbeat of TD's questions (many because X applicant complained to them), the Minister just keeps regurgitation the same answers over and over again, literally word for word in many cases. Even a number of us have reached out to the ISD "help desk" and received zero help. They reply with canned messages which leaves you knowing absolute nothing more than you already knew.

From my point of view, the Minister is going to do what they want and no amount of TD questions will change anything. They are not going to provide specific answers even if the math doesn't add up to what has just been stated numerous times about clearing applicants in X timeframe (e.g. 3,000 evettings submitted to the NVB over the last two months means it will take six and a half months to process the remaining 10,000). Even I can figure this out, but they would rather just say "in the coming months" so there is no accountability.

Just the fact that they insist on having these ceremonies, even though they are large and complex to plan (according to the Minister) and take additional ISD (CMU) staff time away from processing applications says a lot to me about where their priorities are for clearing this backlog.

From here: The Case Management Unit are responsible for progressing files once they have gone through Registration process. These teams do a huge amount around Ceremonies preparation.

This one boggles my mind...

The applicant does not receive their naturalisation certificate at the ceremony. This could leave many of them in a legal grey area for residency and travel purposes for many weeks or even longer but that does not seem to matter to them. After paying over €1,000 in fees, taking time away from work, sorting kids (because they aren't allowed to attend), traveling from wherever you are to wherever they decide to hold it, signing the declaration and waiting for this day to arrive for many months to years in some cases, for some reason they will not (because I do not believe they cannot) provide you a certificate on the day of the ceremony.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:32 pm

sairsint wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:04 am

The applicant does not receive their naturalisation certificate at the ceremony. This could leave many of them in a legal grey area for residency and travel purposes for many weeks or even longer
I think this is the only issue worth pushing for an answer from the Minister. By worth pushing for I mean one that is less likely to get recycled non-answers. The idea that people are left without a valid residency permit and yet not an Irish citizen because of department administration is a topic that could raise red flags. (Especially those whose travel documents are taken off them at the ceremony, so are left with nothing, not even a technically invalid piece of plastic.)

Asking for clarification on what their legal status is while waiting for a certificate, and how long it is acceptable to be left in this position would be interesting.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:54 pm

sairsint wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:04 am
I ran some debate queries and after reading through many of the results and I have decided to not bother doing anything else. If you look at the constant drumbeat of TD's questions (many because X applicant complained to them), the Minister just keeps regurgitation the same answers over and over again, literally word for word in many cases. Even a number of us have reached out to the ISD "help desk" and received zero help. They reply with canned messages which leaves you knowing absolute nothing more than you already knew.

From my point of view, the Minister is going to do what they want and no amount of TD questions will change anything. They are not going to provide specific answers even if the math doesn't add up to what has just been stated numerous times about clearing applicants in X timeframe (e.g. 3,000 evettings submitted to the NVB over the last two months means it will take six and a half months to process the remaining 10,000). Even I can figure this out, but they would rather just say "in the coming months" so there is no accountability.

Just the fact that they insist on having these ceremonies, even though they are large and complex to plan (according to the Minister) and take additional ISD (CMU) staff time away from processing applications says a lot to me about where their priorities are for clearing this backlog.

From here: The Case Management Unit are responsible for progressing files once they have gone through Registration process. These teams do a huge amount around Ceremonies preparation.

This one boggles my mind...

The applicant does not receive their naturalisation certificate at the ceremony. This could leave many of them in a legal grey area for residency and travel purposes for many weeks or even longer but that does not seem to matter to them. After paying over €1,000 in fees, taking time away from work, sorting kids (because they aren't allowed to attend), traveling from wherever you are to wherever they decide to hold it, signing the declaration and waiting for this day to arrive for many months to years in some cases, for some reason they will not (because I do not believe they cannot) provide you a certificate on the day of the ceremony.
I agree that contacting TDs and, in my case, applying through a solicitor have not been particularly helpful in this situation. This department is failing to communicate with applicants who have been desperately awaiting an update or at the very least, case movement. With the obvious calculation of clearing the remaining 10,000 e-vetting consents in the next six months, it is possible that we will not be invited to the upcoming ceremonies. This is due to the fact that clearing e-vetting will always create another influx of moving applicants to the next stage. :roll: :x

Certificates used to be handed out during the ceremony itself. In the past, recipients received their certificates at the ceremony and were done with the entire process. Another friend of mine who was present at the ceremony on June 15 has been waiting for over a month to receive her certificate.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:31 pm

Beside the terrible evetting figures that will never get a proper answer, I would like them to ask:

1. Why she won’t forgo the ceremonies, which is apparently now within the Ministers legal right to do.

And

2. Why they won’t issue certificates at the ceremonies (if they insist on having them) as it can cause problems for people not having the proper paperwork for weeks to months. (And it’s just not fair to make people wait even longer to get on with their lives)

Both of these would immediately and greatly improve the efficiency of the process.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:19 pm

Honestly, I sometimes feel like crying because of the way this process is proceeding, and I know I can't do much except complain. I hope we receive the NVB link soon so that we are included in the upcoming ceremony lot.

nephente
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by nephente » Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:01 pm

Just got the confirmation from Immigration Online that my eVetting submission has been completed and I'll receive an email from NVB in "coming weeks" to complete the process.

Hope the definition of "coming weeks" is not another 6 weeks again...

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:35 pm

nephente wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:01 pm
Just got the confirmation from Immigration Online that my eVetting submission has been completed and I'll receive an email from NVB in "coming weeks" to complete the process.

Hope the definition of "coming weeks" is not another 6 weeks again...
Congrats. Happy for you!! at last, some motion. Could you confirm when you applied for naturalisation and if you were among the 13,000 individuals to whom e-vetting consent was sent?

dison22
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by dison22 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:42 pm

I got an E-Vetting invitation in May 22nd but never hear anything since then, I emailed citizenship several times but they don’t reply my E-mails…I don’t know what to do.