ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-M renewal for spouse. Concern regarding financial requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

swissman20
Mood:
India

FLR-M renewal for spouse. Concern regarding financial requirement

Post by swissman20 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:41 pm

Hi all,

I would like some advice. I'm a British National who is applying for my spouse's FLR M renewal. I'm the sole earner who is on a job paying well above the financial requirement but have decided to quit as the working environment is not for me. By god's grace, I have consistently been in permanent roles going back 15 years and always above the required threshold. We also have substantial savings but the amount that qualifies (easy access savings or cash ISA) falls below the £62500 requirements.

My concern - I could be out of a job when it comes time to apply for my spouse's renewal. My question is:

a) Will it help if I'm serving a notice period and can get a letter from my employee? Even though we both know that my employment is coming to an end?
b) Will it help if I get a new job offer? Knowing that job offers can be rescinded for e.g.
c) If I'm required to show I've met the threshold over the last 12 months then I understand I'm safe but if it's forward looking then of course I do not meet.

Your advice is very welcome.