ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I eligible for ILR under the new route under private life?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Am I eligible for ILR under the new route under private life?

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:09 pm

The OP has not been active here for a month. They may come back and update this thread when they have any :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mumakk
Newly Registered

Post by mumakk » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:12 pm

ilovegrapes14 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 4:40 pm
Hi mumakk, congrats on your ILR! :)

Can I please ask if your grant of ILR letter says anything along the lines of 'satisfying the requirements of PL 14.1'? Also you mentioned in your post that you had completed 7.5 years and almost 9 including waiting - was that from when you posted or October 2022? Because if it was from October 2022 then you'd have completed over 9 years by the time they granted you ILR (they do include the time waiting between visas) and it's less of a stretch to give you ILR early.

I am in a similar position (almost 8 years on this route) and was going to apply for ILR early but an immigration advisor advised against it because he thinks that I wouldn't satisfy PL 14.1. I know that they will vary my leave to extension if ILR fails but the extra ~£1,500 for the IHS is really making me rethink this.
Hey so sorry for the late reply. I don’t get notifications about this thread. Unlike my previous applications there was no letter attached. The email simply read “Your application for settlement (also known as indefinite leave to remain) in the United Kingdom (UK) has been successful.

Settlement in the UK: what you need to know” Then there was just some other bits about working, getting my BRP etc.

The 7.5 (9) years would’ve been from I first received leave to remain to the date my application was due to be submitted.

Obviously I’m no immigration advisor but I think allot of them are either not fully up to date with the current laws or just want to make abit of extra money by having you as a client for longer. My advice is read the requirements & if all of them apply to you then apply for ILR. I think the wording of everything is very straightforward as is the application. Unless you have a complex case I wouldn’t think you would need a lawyer. When you do you application just make sure you’ve added all the documents HO asks for & add a cover letter stating why you think you should be granted under the current rules. If they need more information they will contact you. If you don’t apply for ILR you’ll have to pay the surcharge fee anyway. So you may aswell apply & if it doesn’t work just pay the fee. I feel like because I’m this case even if you get rejected for IlR you’ll still be granted leave to remain its not as bad. It’s win win imo

Hope I was able to help. Let me know what you decided to do x

bailfyr44
Newly Registered
England

Post by bailfyr44 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:08 pm

mumakk wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:57 pm
bailfyr44 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:29 am
Oh didnt know they were going digital! Good to know.

It is crazy, the cheapest rate I got from a solicitor was £800. Most were like £1200.. its an absolute joke and robbery. Most of them didnt even know that I was eligible for ILR - its actually so worrying that these people are "solicitors". And when you speak to many of them, they really like to throw around big words and overcomplicate everything - basically making it very daunting to apply for yourself..

Ill update as soon as I get anything back, hopefully soon but I dont plan on going anywhere so I dont really mind
Hey probably abit soon but I just thought about this thread & I thought I’d come and ask if you got a response yet? X
Hey - not heard anything back as of yet. I'm fully expecting them to take at the very least 6 months if not more, they always do take their time. My work keeps bugging me about updates though, I've thought about calling HO and asking but I'm sure I'll just get told to wait

SO2023
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by SO2023 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:54 pm

Hi all,
I have been following this thread for a while to help with my anxiety whilst waiting and I just want to share my update as I was in a similar situation.

I turned 25 earlier on this year, I have been in the UK since I was aged three. I was undocumented from 3 till 17 which was when I was first granted my limited leave to remain for 2.5 years in 2015 on the 10 year private life route. I have subsequently renewed 3 times now with my last renewal of 2.5 years in 2020 expiring May 2023 (7.5 years) .

I was made aware of the new immigrations rules in regards to 5 year settlement private life route this year in January 2023. I believed it wasn’t applicable to me as I had already turned 25 however after reading this thread I decided to speak to my lawyer about it who was unaware of this new change and specific form (set PL). We decided to still go ahead and apply for it anyways as it states that if unsuccessful the application will be varied to the 2.5 years limited leave to remain.

I did my life in UK test in march and applied for the ILR SET PL on the 21 March 2023. My biometric appointment was on the 6TH April 2023 which I submitted just copies of my passport, entry and exit stamps, employment letter, bank statements and utility bill.
The process is very simple and can be done without a lawyer (unless complicated)-saves you money too.

Today (22 August 2023), after 22 weeks waiting, I got an email saying it has been approved- it simply states the below,

“Your application for settlement (also known as indefinite leave to remain) in the United Kingdom (UK) has been successful.

Settlement in the UK: what you need to know” Then there was just some other bits about working, getting my BRP etc.

I am honestly so relieved and feel so much more secure here. I will definitely be applying for naturalization/citizenship this time next year.
I hope this helps anyone in a similar boat. :)

Thank you everyone in this thread, it has been very helpful and insightful.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:30 am

SO2023 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:54 pm
Hi all,
I have been following this thread for a while to help with my anxiety whilst waiting and I just want to share my update as I was in a similar situation.

I turned 25 earlier on this year, I have been in the UK since I was aged three. I was undocumented from 3 till 17 which was when I was first granted my limited leave to remain for 2.5 years in 2015 on the 10 year private life route. I have subsequently renewed 3 times now with my last renewal of 2.5 years in 2020 expiring May 2023 (7.5 years) .

I was made aware of the new immigrations rules in regards to 5 year settlement private life route this year in January 2023. I believed it wasn’t applicable to me as I had already turned 25 however after reading this thread I decided to speak to my lawyer about it who was unaware of this new change and specific form (set PL). We decided to still go ahead and apply for it anyways as it states that if unsuccessful the application will be varied to the 2.5 years limited leave to remain.

I did my life in UK test in march and applied for the ILR SET PL on the 21 March 2023. My biometric appointment was on the 6TH April 2023 which I submitted just copies of my passport, entry and exit stamps, employment letter, bank statements and utility bill.
The process is very simple and can be done without a lawyer (unless complicated)-saves you money too.

Today (22 August 2023), after 22 weeks waiting, I got an email saying it has been approved- it simply states the below,

“Your application for settlement (also known as indefinite leave to remain) in the United Kingdom (UK) has been successful.

I am honestly so relieved and feel so much more secure here. I will definitely be applying for naturalization/citizenship this time next year.
I hope this helps anyone in a similar boat. :)

Thank you everyone in this thread, it has been very helpful and insightful.
Congratulations and thanks you for updating with your experience and outcome.

Abigal202312
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Abigal202312 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:51 pm

Hi everyone,

I couldn't find my original post but I just want to thank everyone and the moderators on this forum for their help. I was a week away from applying for a flr(fp) extension when I found out about this route to settlement. I did the application myself just from reading everyone's experiences on here. Here my timeline:

Applied for ILR Route: SET (PL) - single application
Application type: Standard
Date application sent: 24th May 2023
Payment debited: 24th May 2023
Documents Uploaded: 24th May 2023
Biometrics Appointment: paid appointment 25th May 2023
Approval Received: 5th October 2023
BRP Received: TBC

I applied using a standard set of documents I had already prepared for my flr (fp) extension. I was a bit worried they'd ask for extra information as I didn't upload a scan of my previous passports but they didn't request them.

Words can't describe how helpful this website has been. One step closer to not being plagued with immigration anxiety. I hope everyone waiting for a decision gets one soon.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:46 pm

Abigal202312 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:51 pm
Hi everyone,

I couldn't find my original post but I just want to thank everyone and the moderators on this forum for their help. I was a week away from applying for a flr(fp) extension when I found out about this route to settlement. I did the application myself just from reading everyone's experiences on here. Here my timeline:

Applied for ILR Route: SET (PL) - single application
Application type: Standard
Date application sent: 24th May 2023
Payment debited: 24th May 2023
Documents Uploaded: 24th May 2023
Biometrics Appointment: paid appointment 25th May 2023
Approval Received: 5th October 2023
BRP Received: TBC

I applied using a standard set of documents I had already prepared for my flr (fp) extension. I was a bit worried they'd ask for extra information as I didn't upload a scan of my previous passports but they didn't request them.

Words can't describe how helpful this website has been. One step closer to not being plagued with immigration anxiety. I hope everyone waiting for a decision gets one soon.
Your feedback appreciated, congratulations.