ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa to Skilled worker visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shreakh
Sri Lanka

Student visa to Skilled worker visa

Post by Shreakh » Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:20 am

hi,

I'm currently in the UK on a Student visa (studying a MSc) and my wife and the child are also with me in here as my dependants. My wife recently got a job offer from the health care sector with the visa sposorship. Now I need my wife to apply for the work visa and myself and my child to be her dependants. What is the procedure for this ? I have few questions.

1. Since my wife is my dependant, can she change her visa while she is already in the UK?
2. Can myself and my child also apply together with my wife to be her dependants at the same time my wife applies?
3. Do I need to inform the university about this and obtain any approval from them ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Student visa to Skilled worker visa

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:29 am

Shreakh wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:20 am
hi,

I'm currently in the UK on a Student visa (studying a MSc) and my wife and the child are also with me in here as my dependants. My wife recently got a job offer from the health care sector with the visa sposorship. Now I need my wife to apply for the work visa and myself and my child to be her dependants. What is the procedure for this ? I have few questions.

1. Since my wife is my dependant, can she change her visa while she is already in the UK? Yes
2. Can myself and my child also apply together with my wife to be her dependants at the same time my wife applies? Yes, though you can wait as you still got leave
3. Do I need to inform the university about this and obtain any approval from them ? As your current sponsor, you may do that though don't think that's for approval

Shreakh
Sri Lanka

Post by Shreakh » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:39 pm

@AmazonianX,

Thank you for your reply. I have another thing to get clarified. My wife's employement contract is only for 12 months and most probably she will be able to extend it. Howevere initially she will get the COS only for 12 months. I'm also going to be eligible to apply for the PSW by next September and I thought of applying for PSW (since I will then get the visa for 2 years) only for myself and make my child the dependant of my wife skilled worker visa. If I do in this way, in case my wife was unable to extend her contract after the 12 months period, can my wife and the child apply to be my dependants (for the remaining few months of my PSW visa) when her skilled worker visa expires ?

Shreakh
Sri Lanka

Post by Shreakh » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:10 am

Any idea about the following?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:41 am

She can become your psw dependent if she holds a skilled worker visa.

It is stated very clearly on ukvi website that your dependents can only apply as paw dependents if they hold student dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Shreakh
Sri Lanka

Post by Shreakh » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:49 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:41 am
She can become your psw dependent if she holds a skilled worker visa.

It is stated very clearly on ukvi website that your dependents can only apply as paw dependents if they hold student dependent visa.
You meant, She cannot become psw dependent.. ?"

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:46 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.