ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of cohabitation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

S sayyam
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Proof of cohabitation

Post by S sayyam » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:52 pm

Hi moderators,
I am on spouse visa. My initial visa is for 33 months as I got in covid time. If I apply in 28 day before 33rd month is there a issue cause you can apply 28 days before 30 month.

Me and my partner have council tax, water bill and a joint account on both of our name, that makes 6 proof as we need 12. I also have letters from NHS covering last 2 and half year but my partner have hardly any letter from NHS and he intends to use different letter i.e his bank account statement. I only got one letter for electrol register one letter from HMRC for NI and one letter from Capital Credit card my account is closed so I can't get any statements and have any.
Today wo call our gas and electricity company and they created our joint account hopefully before I apply in August as my visa expire in September I should have few statements/bills for gas and electricity.
Now they big question is, are above documents are enough to proof cohabitation
Does DVLA count towards proof of cohabitation ?

Best Regards

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Proof of cohabitation

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:03 am

S sayyam wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:52 pm
Hi moderators,
I am on spouse visa. My initial visa is for 33 months as I got in covid time. If I apply in 28 day before 33rd month is there a issue cause you can apply 28 days before 30 month. The initial 3 months is always to give you enough time to enter the UK and 30 months moving forwards. If you entered almost immediately, then that gives you an extra 3 months to play with. Date of entry is always the key for spouse visas. You can apply till the last day of your visa if you choose. 28 days before doesn't really matter for renewals. Not sure if it still happens. Sometimes the HO could send you an email when you reach the 30 months mark in the UK, asking if you've made an application to extend your visa. Or if you've made plans to depart the UK.

Me and my partner have council tax, water bill and a joint account on both of our name, that makes 6 proof as we need 12. I also have letters from NHS covering last 2 and half year but my partner have hardly any letter from NHS and he intends to use different letter i.e his bank account statement. I only got one letter for electrol register one letter from HMRC for NI and one letter from Capital Credit card my account is closed so I can't get any statements and have any.
Today wo call our gas and electricity company and they created our joint account hopefully before I apply in August as my visa expire in September I should have few statements/bills for gas and electricity.
Now they big question is, are above documents are enough to proof cohabitation Sounds good to me. You use what you have.
Does DVLA count towards proof of cohabitation ? Yes, it's a government agency. When renewing your drivers license, if a British citizen quotes the British passport number, then the picture on passport is mirrored on the drivers license. That's how solid DVLA is.

Best Regards
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

S sayyam
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by S sayyam » Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:42 pm

Hi again,

Regarding the recent news about fee and IHS charges hike I am planning to put my application earlier then I was anticipating, I have sorted below documents please advise if sufficient.
1:- Council tax letter on both names covering last 3 years

2:- vote register letter and postal vote card only have one of each

3:- credit cards letter and statement. Only one letter from credit card company nothing else but for 2nd credit card I have about 4 month statement as I haven't been using the credit card lately.

4:- HMRC letter for tax code change, overpayment refund and ni letter also original Ni letter from dwp.

5:- joint account transaction statement since opened(as statement was showing one so dowloaded transaction cause it shows both name). Also credit card is from same bank. Would it be considered two separate proof or one.

6:- gas and electric bill only joined our names from June as originally was on partner name. Would it be ok to include most recent bills and claim.as 2 joint statement of bills.

7:- nhs letter covering 3 years

8:- sky broadband bill from January

9:- water bill joint covering 3 year

10:- DVLA counter letter and learning license

11:- English proficiency equivalent

British partner details.

1:- bank statement where salary comes.

2:- employer letter confirming salary and permanent job.

3:- payslips and p60 ( meeting financial requirements)

4:- land registry

5:- copy of British passport

6:- mortgage statement

7:- employment contract

8:- gas and electricity bill joint from June but previously only on partner name.

9:- water bill joint covering 3 year.

10:- Council tax joint covering 3 years

11 joint account bank statement since opened and every quarter

12 credit card statement

Additional Documents

Marriage certificate as attached with original application

Covering letter **can someone please help**

Thanks for your help in advance 👍 😊

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:10 pm

You only need 2 years evidence, from 3 to 6 different sources in joint or individual names, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months

No point to send so much stuff.

You also don't need a covering letter. The form contains the questions of all the information ukvi require.

No official announcement of when fes are I creasing either, there is a set process the government has to take to increase fees and it takes some time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

S sayyam
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by S sayyam » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:49 pm

Thank you CR001.

I am still a bit confused about letter where I haven't been able to cover last 2 years I.e. Gas and electric bill cause they have been on both of our names from June 2023. Would I still be ok to just include June 23 and July 23 bills or they are not sufficient and must have cover 2 years periods. This is the reason I have gathered so much documents as one may not cover 2 years but other will compensate the period.

Thanks for your reply 👍

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:04 pm

S sayyam wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:49 pm
Thank you CR001.

I am still a bit confused about letter where I haven't been able to cover last 2 years I.e. Gas and electric bill cause they have been on both of our names from June 2023. Would I still be ok to just include June 23 and July 23 bills or they are not sufficient and must have cover 2 years periods. This is the reason I have gathered so much documents as one may not cover 2 years but other will compensate the period.

Thanks for your reply 👍
Provide what you have covering the period as much as you can. Not had of refusal based on insufficient cohabitation letters.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:38 pm

S sayyam wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:49 pm
This is the reason I have gathered so much documents as one may not cover 2 years but other will compensate the period.
Don't be confused about the period the documents cover or should cover.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

S sayyam
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by S sayyam » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:28 pm

One more question.

For my initial application, I have done an A1 test, but for my extension, I am planning to use English proficiency equivalent. Would this be OK?

Also do I need to upload my BRP card as well?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:48 pm

S sayyam wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:28 pm
One more question.

For my initial application, I have done an A1 test, but for my extension, I am planning to use English proficiency equivalent. Would this be OK? Clarify what you mean by English Proficiency

Also do I need to upload my BRP card as well? Yes

Thanks
What route are you on?

Say Sayyam
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Say Sayyam » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:39 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:48 pm
S sayyam wrote:
One more question.

For my initial application, I have done an A1 test, but for my extension, I am planning to use English proficiency equivalent. Would this be OK? Clarify what you mean by English Proficiency when i applied my entry clearance visa i done A1 English language test to proof my English communication skill but i also had my masters degree from Home land which i submitted to ECCTIS and get English proficiency equivalent instead of going for A2 or B1.

my other ID was lost i created this in a case Moderator thinks i am hijacking someone's post

Thanks
What route are you on?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:49 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:48 pm
S sayyam wrote:
One more question.

For my initial application, I have done an A1 test, but for my extension, I am planning to use English proficiency equivalent. Would this be OK? Clarify what you mean by English Proficiency

Also do I need to upload my BRP card as well? Yes

Thanks
What route are you on?
The first post in the topic states the route, 33 month spouse visa!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.