ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trinity B1 instead of Degree (India)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sharpec
Newly Registered
India

Trinity B1 instead of Degree (India)

Post by sharpec » Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:43 pm

Hello

I received my ILR in 2011 and am now applying for naturalisation (personal reasons for the delay).
At the time of the ILR, I took the Life in the UK test and didnt need any further english tests as far as i can recall.
I have a Bachelors degree and also a post graduate qualification from India, all in English.
As I understood it, I could either get an Ecctis certification, or take a B1 level English exam.

For matters of expedience, I took the trinity college exam and received the pass certificate (digital)

Now, when I fill out my UK visa naturalisation form, I am a bit perplexed.

I am asked if I have a degree. If I say yes, the list of documents needed have the degree certificate and the ecctis certificate as requirements. There seems to be no place to enter the B1 exam reference code.

If I say NO, I am technically lying on the form. I do have an degree although its from India.
But it does let me say that I have passed the english language B1 test, and enter the relevant reference.

Could some one please advice me ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Trinity B1 instead of Degree (India)

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:12 pm

The questions relates ONLY to meeting the English requirements and nothing else. Simply state no to the degree question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:27 am

sharpec wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:43 pm
Hello

I received my ILR in 2011 and am now applying for naturalisation (personal reasons for the delay).
At the time of the ILR, I took the Life in the UK test and didnt need any further english tests as far as i can recall.
I have a Bachelors degree and also a post graduate qualification from India, all in English.
As I understood it, I could either get an Ecctis certification, or take a B1 level English exam.

For matters of expedience, I took the trinity college exam and received the pass certificate (digital)

Now, when I fill out my UK visa naturalisation form, I am a bit perplexed.

I am asked if I have a degree. If I say yes, the list of documents needed have the degree certificate and the ecctis certificate as requirements. There seems to be no place to enter the B1 exam reference code.

If I say NO, I am technically lying on the form. I do have an degree although its from India. No
But it does let me say that I have passed the english language B1 test, and enter the relevant reference. Yes and enter the details

Could some one please advice me ?

sharpec
Newly Registered
India

Post by sharpec » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:22 am

Thanks for your replies.
English language
Do you have a degree that was taught in English?No
Just to be clear this above is how the form asks the question.
Pardon my ingnorace, but are you saying I should say NO to the above?
If i do that, i do indeed get a chance to enter the test ref number.
But the question does seem a little black and white.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:27 am

You need to meet the English requirements using EITHER option.

Select NO for foreign degree. It isn't complicated at all.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:13 pm

sharpec wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:22 am
Thanks for your replies.
English language
Do you have a degree that was taught in English?No
Just to be clear this above is how the form asks the question.
Pardon my ingnorace, but are you saying I should say NO to the above?
If i do that, i do indeed get a chance to enter the test ref number.
But the question does seem a little black and white.
It is not complicated and if you want to move forward with your application, answer No to question also in black and white.
Then it gives you option to use English Language Test reference.