ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 - Points Based on previous earning

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rockstar2k4

Tier-1 - Points Based on previous earning

Post by rockstar2k4 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:26 am

Hello friends please advise me on following Q's pls:

-To earn the points ,if I paid for over time along with the salalry: Can we consider this to calculate the gross salary???

- Is that mandaotry of taking 12 months avg salary,because in my case i am elgible on 10th month only..i mean if i sum up from 1st to10th salaries i do get enogh points to qualify....

Please shed your answers/experience - it would be grateful for me

Jos1984
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by Jos1984 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:46 am

Hey people,

What is the conversion rate that we should be using to check eligibility on the self assessment tool??

to get the minimum points of 25 for previous earnings assuming the salary is in INR - it is calculated as below (please correct it I am wrong)

Also assume that 1 GBP = 90 INR

then,

(Salary in INR) * (1/90) * 5.3 = Equivalent GBP amount (check - in which band does this fall into)

Now, upto what decimal places should the value of 1/90 be considered for multiplication? Because - whatever is the conversion rate - 80, 85 or 90. The value is going to be 0.01

Kindly reply with your valuable comments