ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[QUESTION] Renewal of Stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

galihocobr
Newly Registered
Ireland

[QUESTION] Renewal of Stamp 4

Post by galihocobr » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:06 pm

Hi everyone! Hope you are doing well.

Can you give me a little help with renewing Stamp 4? I first worked as a researcher in Dublin under a Hosting Agreement (Stamp 1), which granted me a Stamp 4 renewal after two years. My Stamp 4 expires in a few months, and I am unsure what I need to renew. I contacted Garda, but I got vague answers. The online files are not really informative either. Can anyone that had a similar experience recently give me some tips? What do I need to provide?

Also, I am currently unemployed but will start a part-time lecturer position in a few weeks. I am also applying for a full-time job at other universities nearby, and have some interviews aligned. Is having part-time work only an issue? I am firmly established in Ireland, living here for almost five years. So I am a bit worried about being asked to leave if I do not meet certain criteria. :?

Thank you in advance. Any answers are indeed welcome!

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: [QUESTION] Renewal of Stamp 4

Post by sairsint » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:19 pm

I’d recommend you engage a solicitor with expertise in immigration law as each case is going to be different. I thought renewing my stamp 4 was straightforward, but it’s actually not and there is little to no help from the ISD for this. I let my solicitor handle it on my behalf so I know it’s done correctly and also so he can escalate as necessary.

You really don’t want to let it lapse past the expiration date and without a new application at least submitted and in process.