ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint account holder(s) for Maintenance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

falam
Newly Registered

Joint account holder(s) for Maintenance

Post by falam » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:32 pm

For maintenance funds I want to show a joint account with my father and mother. In the policy guidance it is mentioned that we can rely on joint accounts however there is no mention of an NOC by other account holders. So:

(1) Is an NOC neccassary?
(2) Has anyones application been accepted/rejected who provided joint a/c for maintenance without NOC from other account holders?

srinivasan_pts
Newly Registered

Joint Account

Post by srinivasan_pts » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:12 pm

The joint account with Parents not accepted by VFS india. (I dont known abt in other countries ). Only joint account with Spouse is accepted.

Mine application rejected for the same purpose.

ManuT1
Newly Registered

Re: Joint Account

Post by ManuT1 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:34 am

srinivasan_pts wrote:The joint account with Parents not accepted by VFS india. (I dont known abt in other countries ). Only joint account with Spouse is accepted.

Mine application rejected for the same purpose.
Can you please confirm if Joint a/c with spouse holds good. I have a joint account with my wife, where she is the primary account holder and I am the secondary account holder .

Please confirm ?

s4salil

Re: Joint account holder(s) for Maintenance

Post by s4salil » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:51 pm

falam wrote:For maintenance funds I want to show a joint account with my father and mother. In the policy guidance it is mentioned that we can rely on joint accounts however there is no mention of an NOC by other account holders. So:

(1) Is an NOC neccassary?
(2) Has anyones application been accepted/rejected who provided joint a/c for maintenance without NOC from other account holders?

I am having a similar situation... Did you apply for the visa ??? what was the decision ?

nasirraza_31

Post by nasirraza_31 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:05 pm

Joint account with spouse is only accepted. It is clerly mentioned somewhere on the UKBA homeoffice website. I will try to find out. But, I am pretty sure that they only accept joint account with spouse.

s4salil

Post by s4salil » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. i could not find this mentioned on the UKBA site. What other option do I have?
The statements that i got from the bank have mine as well as my father's name on it. May be I can take a letter from the bank that will be only in my name.
Any other option that you can suggest?
nasirraza_31 wrote:Joint account with spouse is only accepted. It is clerly mentioned somewhere on the UKBA homeoffice website. I will try to find out. But, I am pretty sure that they only accept joint account with spouse.

nasirraza_31

Post by nasirraza_31 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:40 pm

Try this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

Go to point 85.

85.If the applicant wishes to rely on a joint account as evidence of available funds, he/she, the main applicant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is legally present in the United Kingdom, must be named on the account along with one or more other named individual(s).

Hence, only dependant children can have there joint account with there parents not the main applicant.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:52 pm

nasirraza_31 wrote:Try this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

Go to point 85.

85.If the applicant wishes to rely on a joint account as evidence of available funds, he/she, the main applicant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is legally present in the United Kingdom, must be named on the account along with one or more other named individual(s).

Hence, only dependant children can have there joint account with there parents not the main applicant.
If that is the case, the policy guidance for the main applicants also has the below paragraph

211. If the applicant wishes to rely on a joint account as evidence of available funds, he/she must be named on the account along with one or more other named individual.

It doesnt specifically say here that it should only be a spouse.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

nasirraza_31

Post by nasirraza_31 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi Aruni,

I understand what you are saying here.

But, If you think it through, then having a joint account among main applicant and dependant makes much sense as the whole concept of maintainance is that whether you can sustain your self in UK without seeking gocerment funds or not.

But, if you have a joint account with some one who lives in India or anywhere but UK and has full access to your account while you are in Uk then that fund can't be called as "your" maintainance fund.

Correct me if I am wrong. Its just my understanding.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:21 pm

nasirraza_31 wrote:Hi Aruni,

But, If you think it through, then having a joint account among main applicant and dependant makes much sense as the whole concept of maintainance is that whether you can sustain your self in UK without seeking gocerment funds or not.

But, if you have a joint account with some one who lives in India or anywhere but UK and has full access to your account while you are in Uk then that fund can't be called as "your" maintainance fund.

Hi nasirraza_31,

All I am saying is, according to the policy guidance you can have a joint account with one or more other named individual and it doesn't specifically say that you should only have a joint account with your spouse in order to show that as a maintenance. If I had shown a joint account with other than my spouse and have shown that account for maintenance and my application was rejected, I would definitely have appealed showing the policy guidance.

I have quoted the policy guidance because you have said that only dependant children could use the joint accounts and quoted a paragraph from dependant policy guidance. If that is correct then this should also be correct.

If some members had problems using joint accounts then it would be wise for others not to use them if possible.

s4salil

Post by s4salil » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:20 pm

That can be agreed upon ... but the policy guidance does not state that the joint account should be with your partner. The link that you have referred is for a dependent applicant and I am the applying for tier 1 (General)

I think I should take a chance as it will need 3 more months to apply to get the funds in my personal account. & I think the rules will change again and the Bachelors Degree holders again will not be eligible. Also the Salary multipliers are going to change and then I wont be eligible. No idea about when its gonna happen ... So I think I am gonna take a chance ..

Any views ?

jasb1327
BANNED

Post by jasb1327 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:50 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
nasirraza_31 wrote:Hi Aruni,

Hi nasirraza_31,

All I am saying is, according to the policy guidance you can have a joint account with one or more other named individual and it doesn't specifically say that you should only have a joint account with your spouse in order to show that as a maintenance. If I had shown a joint account with other than my spouse and have shown that account for maintenance and my application was rejected, I would definitely have appealed showing the policy guidance.

I have quoted the policy guidance because you have said that only dependant children could use the joint accounts and quoted a paragraph from dependant policy guidance. If that is correct then this should also be correct.

If some members had problems using joint accounts then it would be wise for others not to use them if possible.

hello every1 !! been through all the post ans dun sum research....even I am looking at applying for my wife's dependant from india on joint account..but shes got joint account wid her mum..and iv got joint acc wid mu mum..haha..
    but well what i have come to know now is that yes the joint acc can only b wid d spouse..what nasirazza mentioned wid rule 85 from ukba webpage is for tier-4 people but if you just scroll down further you come across at
    Evidence for Applications Made Under Tiers 1, 2 and 5
    and it clearly says that
    Personal bank or building society statements covering the three month period immediately before the application.
    The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
    the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children • only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;

thus its clear name of the main applicant..or..the family memeber(dependant)..or both their name but no one else unless its child application..
    hmmm

jasb1327
    BANNED

Post by jasb1327 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:59 pm

hmmm dont know still thinking...it says name of the main applicant and/or the name of the family member making the application...SO IT CUD BE ONLY MAIN APPLICANT's ACCOUNT or ONLY FAMILY MEMBER MAKING AN APPLICATION his/her ACCOUNT or THEIR JOINT ACCOUNT isnt it...dats sad...