ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa Time More than 3 weeks

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benjamintrevor
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Visit Visa Time More than 3 weeks

Post by benjamintrevor » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:25 am

My parents applied for a visit visa from Bangladesh on the 27th of June, Tuesday. Today is the 18th July, Tuesday. And, today it's going to be more than 3 weeks.

In the UKVI website, it shows customer service agreement for this type of visa is 3 weeks.

We didn't get any decision, also VFS website doesn't show any update.
It just shows the application submitted to the UKVI.

In this case, what steps can I take to find out how long will the application take? Or what's the reason? How to chargeback UKVI for breaching customer service agreements?

I had planned the timeline according to my graduation ceremony and now they have ruined the timeline for them to attend that.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Re: Visit Visa Time More than 3 weeks

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:31 am

benjamintrevor wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:25 am
My parents applied for a visit visa from Bangladesh on the 27th of June, Tuesday. Today is the 18th July, Tuesday. And, today it's going to be more than 3 weeks.

In the UKVI website, it shows customer service agreement for this type of visa is 3 weeks.

We didn't get any decision, also VFS website doesn't show any update.
It just shows the application submitted to the UKVI.

In this case, what steps can I take to find out how long will the application take? Or what's the reason? How to chargeback UKVI for breaching customer service agreements?

I had planned the timeline according to my graduation ceremony and now they have ruined the timeline for them to attend that.
There are occasions when application has been processed and result passed on to VFS but they fail to inform the applicant in time, so worth contacting VFS to see if they have heard back from UKVI.

benjamintrevor
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by benjamintrevor » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:52 am

bookerw100 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:31 am
There are occasions when application has been processed and result passed on to VFS but they fail to inform the applicant in time, so worth contacting VFS to see if they have heard back from UKVI.
Actually, UKVI sheffield sent an email on 13th July that they have received the application and processing time will be standard (Does it mean 15 working days from 13th July). But the application was submitted on 27th June. VFS Bangladesh doesn't have any contact number.

benjamintrevor
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by benjamintrevor » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:58 am

bookerw100 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:31 am
Actually, UKVI sheffield sent an email on 13th July that they have received the application and processing time will be standard (Does it mean 15 working days from 13th July). But the application was submitted on 27th June. VFS Bangladesh doesn't have any contact number.