ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General work permit OR critical skill permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

General work permit OR critical skill permit

Post by finalversion_2k » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:19 am

Note: I am an IT professional, Job fell under critical skill category.

2 years ago my company appld work permit for me which was granted. when I received the letter I noticed HR had a mistake and instead of Critical work permit she applied for general work permit. As it was late and work permit was issued so I didn't resist much. 2 years on general work permit is going to be end in Jan 2024 and need to apply new work permit.

wondering what's the best approach from here: should I renew general work permit(3 years) as I'm in same company OR apply critical skill permit!! AND what will be the long term impact if I apply critical skill?

meself2
Ireland

Re: General work permit OR critical skill permit

Post by meself2 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:23 am

Go for Critical Skills, I would say. It'll get you stamp 4 in 2 years, meaning more flexibility a year earlier, plus you can extend it every two years (I think) if you don't want to go LTR.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.