ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK ILR queries - date of application, employer letter, dependent application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UK ILR queries - date of application, employer letter, dependent application

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:38 pm

goforukilr wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:32 pm
Thank you.

I have now completed the draft of my application online but waiting for my wife to return to the UK (she's currently traveling) for her to the take the LIUK test, before I submit the application.

As I can't move to the next step of submitting the application just yet, I want to get all my documents scanned and ready for upload while I wait.

Can someone who has access to the portal used for uploading documents, share the exact instructions on the portal re: the document setup/upload? For example - size, gray-scale, folder structure etc?

That will be a huge help. Thanks
Nothing fancy document size not to exceed 6mb each, grayscale or colour accepted;must be legible, does notnreally matter under what folder you upload as all documents will be checked by CW.

goforukilr
India

Re: UK ILR queries - date of application, employer letter, dependent application

Post by goforukilr » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:57 pm

Hello,

I'm planning to submit the application online on 1st August because my salary will be credited on 31st July and this needs to match the July payslip (which will be issued on 25th July).

I will ask my Bank to generate a statement after salary is credited on 31st July. As the Bank generates the statement on the day after the request, it will be generated on 1st August i.e. the date of the application.

Is that OK or does the statement need to be dated BEFORE the date of the application?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:15 am

It is ok
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

goforukilr
India

Post by goforukilr » Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:57 pm

Thanks.

Sorry for another and hopefully the last question.
The last statement on my account was generated on 11th July and I will request a new statement on 31st July after my salary is credited on 31st July. As a result, the latest statement I submit for my application will be from 11th July to 31st July (and not the full month).

Is that OK or do we need to supply a statement for the full month?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:06 pm

It does not matter. You simply need to show money coming in
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

goforukilr
India

Post by goforukilr » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:56 am

Context -
Just as I was all ready to submit my application on 1st August, a spanner in the works.
I was waiting for my wife to return to the UK this week and pass her Life in the UK test, in readiness for our joint application on 1st August.
She may not be able to return just yet due to a family emergency.
My tier 2 General and her dependent visas expire on 16/09/2023
Questions -
1) Can I apply for ILR for just me on 01/08/2023? In that case, if my ILR application is under process and a decision hasn't been made, can she come back to the UK before 16/09/2023 and apply for ILR (as my dependent) while my application is under process. I will apply under the super priority slot to avoid this scenario but needed to confirm if the application decision is delayed.
2) In the above scenario, if I get a decision before she applies, then it should be straightforward as she will be applying as the dependent of an ILR holder - correct?
3) With the above approach, will there be an increased cost for the 2 visa applications compared to a single/joint application?
4) If 1 is not possible or she is unable to return before 16/09/2023, does she have any other option such as out of country PBS dependent extension?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:06 pm

There is no requirement that you must apply together. Your ILR application has no effect on her visa. There is no cost difference either as each applicant must pay the ILR fees

goforukilr
India

Post by goforukilr » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:37 pm

My wife managed to return to the UK for a couple of weeks to take the Life in the UK test and submit the ILR application.

She has just passed the Life in the UK test but noticed that the place of birth on the URN email is incorrect. She inputted the wrong place of birth on the Life in the UK account.

Name, DoB, Nationality are correct and she's got the URN.

Will the wrong place of birth be a problem?

If she has to re-take the exam, does she need to wait for 7 days?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:44 pm

goforukilr wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:37 pm
My wife managed to return to the UK for a couple of weeks to take the Life in the UK test and submit the ILR application.

She has just passed the Life in the UK test but noticed that the place of birth on the URN email is incorrect. She inputted the wrong place of birth on the Life in the UK account.

Will the wrong place of birth be a problem? Could pose a problem especially

If she has to re-take the exam, does she need to wait for 7 days? You may want to contact the examination body or use search function

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:00 pm

goforukilr wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:37 pm

Will the wrong place of birth be a problem?

If she has to re-take the exam, does she need to wait for 7 days?
I suggest contacting the test centre and amend the details if possible

goforukilr
India

Post by goforukilr » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:19 pm

I contacted them and their advice was that place of birth doesn't matter and that if any of the relevant details were incorrect, they wouldn't allow the test.

But as they are the test centre (and not HO), I'm being cynical :(

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:26 pm

You may provide a cover letter with your application and include the test centre's response. It is very likely not going to be an issue

goforukilr
India

Post by goforukilr » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:29 pm

Thanks Zimba for your help.

Checking online, we got a Life in the UK test slot for Saturday (i.e without waiting for 7 days). As this doesn't delay our planned submission of the application, my wife will re-take the test to have the correct place of birth linked to the URN.

Can the online application be submitted immediately after passing the test or is there a wait period required between the two events?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:54 pm

There is no wait period

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:56 pm

goforukilr wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:19 pm
I contacted them and their advice was that place of birth doesn't matter and that if any of the relevant details were incorrect, they wouldn't allow the test.
I think the advice from the test centre is correct provided that only the URN is asked in the application form. The place of birth linked to the LIUK test or any other details of the test are not required anywhere.

The place of birth is a manual input in the personal details section of the form and it has to match the information in the passport, which is also the main supporting document.

goforukilr
India

Post by goforukilr » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:47 pm

I will be submitting my application on Tuesday (just waiting for the latest bank statement to be generated) and doing the final checks on my documents.

Re: the letter for absences from the employer, the letter from my employer states the following -
We confirm that Mr XXX’s absences have been connected to their sponsored employment with Company_Name Limited within the UK, including periods of paid annual leave. These absences are reflected in the schedule of travel dates outlined in the attached schedule.
Mr XXX has not taken any periods of unpaid leave during their employment with Company_Name Limited.

The above text doesn't explicitly include that the annual leaves were approved by my employer.

I have gone through indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-question ... l#p2090242 and understand that there is no specific format for this evidence but does the letter need to include that the absences were approved or is the above extract from the letter OK?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:52 pm

No there is no specific wording. The letter you have is totally ok

goforukilr
India

Post by goforukilr » Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:49 pm

I submitted my application on 1st August and submitted biometrics today at 9.45 AM and got the approval email at 1.30 PM.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with my numerous questions and especially, Zimba for his patience and responses. You're a hero!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:05 pm

goforukilr wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:49 pm
I submitted my application on 1st August and submitted biometrics today at 9.45 AM and got the approval email at 1.30 PM.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with my numerous questions and especially, Zimba for his patience and responses. You're a hero!
Congratulations.