ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Had CCJ more than 6 years ago, do i need to declare for naturalisation?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Had CCJ more than 6 years ago, do i need to declare for naturalisation?

Post by Rubablu » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:10 pm

Hi
I had a CCJ for a credit card more than 6 years ago. This is not in my file anymore. Do I need to declare this with full details? Because the question says, "At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country"? Can you please suggest me? Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Had CCJ more than 6 years ago, do i need to declare for naturalisation?

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:05 pm

If it was more than 6 years ago and at the time you made arrangements to clear the debt there shouldn't be any need to declare. It's a civil matter and as long as it was a one off no issue. I have seen reports over the years where members declared CCJs and were still approved. Debt as such is not an issue, it's a fact of life, and sometimes payments get missed. If you are a repeat defaulter that might be another story.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:49 pm

Thank you for your reply. Please note when I applied for ILR I did mention it a few years back. Now I am worried about not mentioning it, in case they can find out and it could be a matter of deception. I can not mention it in detail as well because I did not keep any record. Now it's removed from my credit file. What should I do? Should I mention it and explain that I do not have details? Please help anyone have any experience.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:10 pm

Rubablu wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:49 pm
Thank you for your reply. Please note when I applied for ILR I did mention it a few years back. Now I am worried about not mentioning it, in case they can find out and it could be a matter of deception. I can not mention it in detail as well because I did not keep any record. Now it's removed from my credit file. What should I do? Should I mention it and explain that I do not have details? Please help anyone have any experience.
Just mention it and explain you don't have the details.
Didn't you keep a copy of what you submitted for ILR?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:39 pm

Thanks a lot. Normally I keep the record but I don't know where it is at this moment.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:54 am

Rubablu wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:39 pm
Thanks a lot. Normally I keep the record but I don't know where it is at this moment.
Check in lyour ilr application for what you stated or simply provide as much information as you could remember.