ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help - Mother in UK - Widowed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kaas14
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Urgent Help - Mother in UK - Widowed

Post by kaas14 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:18 am

Dear Experts, fellow members,

We need urgent help and guidance regarding the critical family matter. Your quick response will be greatly helpful for my family.

My parents visited us in Scotland, last year - 28th July 2023 on normal visitor visa. This was their fourth such visit in last 9 years.

On 22nd December 2023, just before their flight back home, my father suffered severe stroke and was admitted to hospital. He was completely paralysed - with half brain dead, and was declared unfit to fly back to India.

As my parents' visitor visa was going to expire on 18th January 2023, I immediately applied for Further Leave to Remain on humanitarian basis - FLR(HRO) for my father - with my mother added as partner.
Their biometric were taken on 12th March 2023.
I did it on my own with no legal advice, with whatever best I could at that critical time.

There has been no outcome to their application yet, and it is still under process.

Now, unfortunately my father passed away two weeks back on 6th June 2023 , after struggling with his illness.

What can I do to keep my mother with me during this time? I am her only son, and she is completely dependent on me.

Many thanks in advance.

mkhalid

Re: Urgent Help - Mother in UK - Widowed

Post by mkhalid » Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:27 pm

I applied for my mother back in last June-2022 BIO/online submission but until now no response and HO not willing to tell when it will be concluded, My mother came here on visit after my father passed away back in December-22 and when she came here got blood vomits and admitted to hospital and diagnosed liver issue so had no option to apply for her FLR HRO case with the help of lawer but its been pain full 14 months as we are in linger situation and despite contacting HO multiple times they have responded and saying no time frame and its hard for me to keep my mother here without any status......

nopal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nopal » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:11 am

I think consult a lawyer ASAP. If you need to apply for an ADR, there is a lot of work ahead to prove that she is "dependant on you".
The good news is, she's already there with you and she'll probably be able to stay while it's being looked at. Unlike me, where I had to leave the UK for the past year to stay with mum while they respond

mkhalid

Post by mkhalid » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:52 am

did you get any response?