ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship but separated

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

c4551m
Pakistan

British citizenship but separated

Post by c4551m » Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:24 am

Hi everyone.
Asking behalf of my friend.
She got ILR in 2014 and now she's about to apply for naturalisation. She took divorce last year (Islamic), but still waiting for the letter for confirmation, so she is filling her form, what should she tick divorced or legally separated?
What should she be putting in her partners details?
Does she need to attach her partners documents?
And what other documents she needs uploading?
She got 2 kids.

Thanks
Flro applied 23.02.14
Varied application to SET LR 3.3.14
Biometrics done 24.3.14
Approval 24.7.14
Docs received 28.7,14

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British citizenship but separated

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:40 am

c4551m wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:24 am
Hi everyone.
Asking behalf of my friend.
She got ILR in 2014 and now she's about to apply for naturalisation. She took divorce last year (Islamic), but still waiting for the letter for confirmation, so she is filling her form, what should she tick divorced or legally separated?
Not familiar with Islamic divorce (or marriage) - did she get a "decree nisi" or other judgment from a UK court?
What should she be putting in her partners details?
All details asked for.
Does she need to attach her partners documents?
Not if she is applying via 5 year route.
If applying under 3 year route then yes (if spouse or civil partner of a British citizen) - passport and marriage certificate.
And what other documents she needs uploading?
Passport(s) covering residency period (5 or 3 years)/BRP/English & LITUK test/2 Referee Declarations.
She got 2 kids.
If kids were born in UK after she obtained ILR they are British citizens already.
Otherwise they could be registered as British citizens on form MN1 - could be submitted with her naturalisation application.

AN Guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
MN1 Guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 1-guidance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.