ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion regarding 15 months' bank statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saptek
Newly Registered

Confusion regarding 15 months' bank statements

Post by saptek » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:26 am

Hi,

My past earnings (for 12 months) are spread across 2 countries.
Initial period in the UK and the rest in India.
UK earnings were deposited in a UK bank and India earnings were deposited in a different bank in India.

This has confused me with providing Bank statements for the past 15 months.

Do I need to submit 15 months bank statements of both the banks?

Thanks

saptek
Newly Registered

Post by saptek » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:39 am

Hi,

So may views but no reply yet...

This is urgent.

Can any senior member put their views on this please???

Thanks & Regards

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:03 am

u should show earnings for 12 mths only.

further u shud show those 12 mths which are most favourable, like if u can get more points in one earnings for longer duration in those 15 mths do that.

saptek
Newly Registered

Post by saptek » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:42 am

Thanks for the reply apply4hsmp.

As I undersand from some of the posts I need to submit the Bank statements for the past 15months although I am claiming my earning period for the past 12 months.
But I did not find any such condition in the guidance document.

In my case the first 2 months of my claim period I had earned in the UK and remaining 10 months I had earned in my home country.
My Bank statements also reflect the same.

As I understand from your post, I need to submit only 12 months' Banks statement (not 15 months) which corresponds with the 12 months' payslips.

Am I correct?

Thanks again.

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:45 am

Even if you submit 12 months bank statement, that should also be fine. If you want to be conservative submit 15 months statement, otherwise not needed
Only condition is these 12 months should be a continual strech in the last 15 months
- Ramgsk

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:04 am

As I undersand from some of the posts I need to submit the Bank statements for the past 15months although I am claiming my earning period for the past 12 months.
I think u have confused with Maintenance Funds. Generally people show maintenance funds for the same account, or a current account which also has savings account, so thats why u need to show Bank stmts not less than a month old.

If this is not the case i.e. your Maintenance is from a different a/c then u need to show stmts from that diff a/c (for maintenance) but less than a month old from this a/c.
In my case the first 2 months of my claim period I had earned in the UK and remaining 10 months I had earned in my home country.

As I understand from your post, I need to submit only 12 months' Banks statement (not 15 months) which corresponds with the 12 months' payslips.

Am I correct?
Yes, read the guidance notes thoroughly, make sure u make a sure shot app, u dont want to risk £750, thats a lot of money, if in doubt keep asking :)

saptek
Newly Registered

Post by saptek » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:14 am

Thanks ramgsk.

Yeah Im considering 12 consecutive months, 2nd Dec 2007 to 1st Dec 2008 to be precise. My last salary (for Nov) was credited on 1st Dec 2008, hence the above period.

I don't really mind submitting Bank statements for 15 months, if required.
But the only problem is which bank's statements should I submit for the initial 3 months (Sep, Oct and Nov 2007) prior to my claim period.
I was earning in the UK in this period so I guess it would be my UK Bank statements.
Just wanted to confirm the same so that I could get these statements signed and stamped from the UK Bank branch.

Thanks & Regards

saptek
Newly Registered

Post by saptek » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:58 am

Hi apply4hsmp,

Thanks for your concern.
Actually my maintenance fund is in different account altogether so it does not conflict with the past earnings and its corresponding bank statements.
As I said earlier my only concern is about the bank statements showing "past earnings" since it is spread across 2 different banks having earned in 2 different places.

To give you the precise details:

Past 15 months earning (Sep 07 to Nov 08)

Sep 07 to Jan 08 - Earned in the UK
Feb 08 to Nov 08 - Earned in India

Previous earnings claim period - 2nd Dec 07 to 1st Dec 08

Documents required to claim previous earnings:
Payslips from Dec 07 to Nov 08 - Includes Dec 07 to Jan 08 in UK
and Feb 08 to Nov 08 in India
Bank statements from 2nd Sep 07 to 1st Dec 08 - This is what is confusing me.
1. Do I need to submit right from Sep 07 (i.e. 15 months) or can I consider from Dec 07, same as payslips?
2. If from Sep 07, do I need to submit UK bank statements for the period Sep 07 to Jan 08 as earnings are in GBP?

Thanks for the all the help
apply4hsmp wrote:
I think u have confused with Maintenance Funds. Generally people show maintenance funds for the same account, or a current account which also has savings account, so thats why u need to show Bank stmts not less than a month old.

If this is not the case i.e. your Maintenance is from a different a/c then u need to show stmts from that diff a/c (for maintenance) but less than a month old from this a/c.

Am I correct?
Yes, read the guidance notes thoroughly, make sure u make a sure shot app, u dont want to risk £750, thats a lot of money, if in doubt keep asking :)