ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawing SET(LR) application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ragtagcrew
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Withdrawing SET(LR) application

Post by ragtagcrew » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:01 am

Hi all. I submitted a SET(LR) application on 13 July with biometrics all done, but my grandmother back in the US had an accident and took a turn for the worse, and between the stress of that and needing to fly out in case things get worse, I'd like to withdraw my application and apply at a later date when things aren't snowballing. I have Tier 1 Global Talent leave until May 2024 and the lost cost isn't an issue for me. It's just too much at once.

The website says this is the link to withdraw: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

But it says "Request for Return of Documents" and I had scanned in digital copies, so nothing physical. Is this the correct place to put in a withdrawal request?

Thank you so much.

ragtagcrew
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Withdrawing SET(LR) application

Post by ragtagcrew » Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:00 am

Additional queries: does anyone know how long a withdrawal request takes? Would it be quicker to fly out, as the process is automatic then? Would I be okay to return on my current leave and submit a fresh application in the future if I did that?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:35 pm

The form is correct. The 'document return' term used is due to legacy application procedures (prior to 2018). You do not need to wait for anything to fly. Simply submit your withdrawal request and live normally. Your current visa remains valid and your immigration status remains unaffected. You can apply again at a later date
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ragtagcrew
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ragtagcrew » Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:44 pm

zimba wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:35 pm
The form is correct. The 'document return' term used is due to legacy application procedures (prior to 2018). You do not need to wait for anything to fly. Simply submit your withdrawal request and live normally. Your current visa remains valid and your immigration status remains unaffected. You can apply again at a later date
Thank you so much, Zimba. That's really reassuring. Do you know if they send confirmation, or how long it would take for them to process the request? There would be no issue if I flew out before receiving it?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:00 pm

There is no confirmation sent I am afraid. Again, this process does not stop you from anything
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ragtagcrew
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ragtagcrew » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:10 pm

zimba wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:00 pm
There is no confirmation sent I am afraid. Again, this process does not stop you from anything
Thank you again for your help, Zimba. I can't emphasise enough how much better I feel. I really appreciate it.

ragtagcrew
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ragtagcrew » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:31 pm

zimba wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:00 pm
Hi again, Zimba. I have just sent in my withdrawal notice today citing a family matter. I don't know if you can possibly answer this, but do you know if there's a chance they could process the application before the withdrawal goes through? Or is it basically an automated flagging process?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:38 pm

There have seen cases where the application was processed before withdrawal went through. I do not think it is very streamlined

ragtagcrew
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ragtagcrew » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:20 pm

Hi, all. I just wanted to update this for the forum record.

I did send in my request to withdraw my SET(LR) application to Home Office on July 22, however I just received an email (Aug 14) that this application was successful. Given the length of time between my withdrawal submission and this email, either Home Office is not checking withdrawals or they chose to ignore my request (per guidance, they are allowed to do this).

I'm obviously very happy and relieved about this outcome! I just wanted to post here to let people know that, as Zimba previously responded, this is very much not streamlined.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:25 pm

ragtagcrew wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:20 pm
Hi, all. I just wanted to update this for the forum record.

I did send in my request to withdraw my SET(LR) application to Home Office on July 22, however I just received an email (Aug 14) that this application was successful. Given the length of time between my withdrawal submission and this email, either Home Office is not checking withdrawals or they chose to ignore my request (per guidance, they are allowed to do this).

I'm obviously very happy and relieved about this outcome! I just wanted to post here to let people know that, as Zimba previously responded, this is very much not streamlined.
Congratulations.