ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR set m proof of bill payment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Faithful01
Wales

Correct date for applying for ILR

Post by Faithful01 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:44 pm

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all your help previously.

I am just planning ahead and I have a question. I had my spouse visa extension delayed for 6 months due to Covid, I was just wondering when I would then apply for ILR as my 5 years will be complete in July 2023 but my BRP is valid till December 2023, can I apply in July or I have to apply within 28 days before December. Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Correct date for applying for ILR

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:48 pm

You can apply as soon as you become eligible, you don't have to wait for your visa to expire if you are eligible before thn.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:51 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:48 pm
You can apply as soon as you become eligible, you don't have to wait for your visa to expire if you are eligible before thn.
Thank you, so it’s 5 years from the approval of my first spouse visa?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:54 pm

It depends which route you are applying under, there are different requirements for different types of visa. Have you been on a spouse visa for 5 years? Does your partner have ILR?
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:58 pm

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:00 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:54 pm
It depends which route you are applying under, there are different requirements for different types of visa. Have you been on a spouse visa for 5 years? Does your partner have ILR?
I’ll be applying under SET M, I’m currently on my second spousal visa and my husband is a British citizen, I just wasn’t sure of the timeline. Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:09 pm

You can apply for ILR no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th Anniversary of the date you ENTERED the UK. It is not counted from your initial visa approval date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:09 pm
You can apply for ILR no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th Anniversary of the date you ENTERED the UK. It is not counted from your initial visa approval date.
Thank you, I entered the UK on a student visa and then switched to a spousal visa, would that then make it 5th anniversary of when the first spousal visa was issued as I am applying for an ILR via the spousal route? Sorry just trying to get clarification.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:39 pm

Only time spent under family visa counts for ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:42 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:39 pm
Only time spent under family visa counts for ILR
Thank you

Faithful01
Wales

ILR set m proof of bill payment

Post by Faithful01 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:05 pm

Hello everyone, thanks for your help previously.

I am applying for my ILR (set m) and need clarity on this.

I will be using my salary, my bank statement and letter from my employer as I earn over the threshold, however All the bills I will be using as proof of cohabitation come out from my husbands bank account ( the bills are in both our names), do I need to also attach his bank statements to prove the bills are being paid and will it cause confusion as there will be two bank statements. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR set m proof of bill payment

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 2:11 pm

do I need to also attach his bank statements to prove the bills are being paid
No!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:02 am

Thank you for your response.

I need help with two questions

I have now made payment and my appointment is in a week, I have started uploading my documents however I am awaiting this months payslip, is it okay to use a payslip that was generated after submission in my 6 months payslip requirement? (I will be printing my 6 months bank statement after I am paid on the 25th to align with the payslip).

Also for the evidence of monthly housing cost for the accommodation in the uk where you live, is my latest tenant agreement and council tax bill okay?

Thanks

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:38 am

Hi all,

I am now panicking as my letter from my employer is going to be dated after my application date as well as my bank statements (I can use my Jan-June payslip which falls within the 28 days rule).

Do I attach a cover letter explaining or do I just cancel the application and put in a new application?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:08 am

Payslips must all be dated before the application date as the rules require you to cover at least 6 months of payslips, prior to the date of application. Other evidence (like an employer letter or the corresponding bank statements) could have a later date, without negative effects.
Payslips covering:

a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this Appendix does not apply); or

• any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date
of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for
less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on
paragraph 13(a) of this Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a
self-employed person
The 28 days requirement is all about not using old evidence and only when the rules ask for a specified piece of evidence with respect to the application date:
Where Appendix FM-SE requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating
to a period which ends with the date of application
, that evidence must be dated no
earlier than 28 days before the date of application.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:36 am

Thanks for your swift reply, I have withdrawn the application and cancelled my biometric appointment.

As I noticed that my date of birth is incorrect on my January payslip ( HR error which has now been corrected).

To be on the safe side, I will wait for this months payslip ( so I can use Feb-July) and then reapply.

Does withdrawing this application(super priority) affect using super priority for the new application?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:39 am

It has no effect

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:52 am

Thank you Zimba

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:50 pm

Hi all,

While filling the ILR set m form it says to only list absences of 2 weeks and above.

I have never been on holiday for more than 10 days in the last 5 years so I did not include any, however I have been seeing people include theirs, do I need to list out my absences if below 2 weeks just to be in the safe side? Thanks .

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:25 pm

Faithful01 wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:50 pm
Hi all,

While filling the ILR set m form it says to only list absences of 2 weeks and above.

I have never been on holiday for more than 10 days in the last 5 years so I did not include any, however I have been seeing people include theirs, do I need to list out my absences if below 2 weeks just to be in the safe side? Thanks .
No. The family route does not have any absence limits anyway. It does not matter at all

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:31 am

Thank you Zimba.

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:45 pm

Hi Zimba,

I’m just uploading my documents and have a question.

When uploading I and my husband’s passport, do I upload only the biometric pages or include every page that has a stamp or visa on it?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:51 pm

Just the biometrics page is enough

Faithful01
Wales

Post by Faithful01 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:29 am

Thank you Zimba