ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for naturalisation as a British Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Stelcal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Application for naturalisation as a British Citizen

Post by Stelcal » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:35 am

Hi guys,
I applied for British citizenship back in mid May. EU citizen (5 years + 1 EUSS) still waiting for a decision to be made. One question I have is this : I uploaded lots of supporting docs, P60's, letters from employers, P45's ,HMRC summary, Health record etc. Then being in a mood of uploading as much supporting docs as I can, I uploaded all my bank statements which I receive on a weekly basis, so ended up with an insane amount of supporting docs on my record. My docs are in order, meaning that essential/mandatory docs are the first that one finds and then my bank statements. Will this be an issue? Will my application be delayed massively because of that or will they just ignore it as something superfluous?
Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Application for naturalisation as a British Citizen

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:45 am

Please don't tag onto another member's thread - post in your own thread (this one) - makes moderating easier than trying to untangle multiple posts ...

There was no need to provide the amount of documents you have listed. A P60 per residency year would have been sufficient. We can't tell you whether UKVI assess everything that is submitted or whether it delays processing. Also bank statements or utility bills are not accepted in the first instance. This is not a re-run of the Settled Status application - only a minimum of documents is needed. I know of one case where just one document was provided as proof of residency, no issue ....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Stelcal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Application for naturalisation as a British Citizen

Post by Stelcal » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:00 am

Sorry, I am not familiar with the website +my first time posting. Also as an EU citizen (all we had to do for EU ILR is to use an app. and passport for EU pre & setteled status), I was unfamiliar with such a complex process such as BC so ended up listening to various advises that suggested doing so (uploading bank statements). Thank you for your prompt reply!