ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vesh123
Mood:
United Kingdom

Dependent visa of uk citizen

Post by Vesh123 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:00 am

Hi,

Could anyone help me with the wife's visa processing application? I'm British citizen and recently got married as my previous marriage ended with divorced. I informed HO and cancelled my first wife's visa and now need to apply visa for new wife. I've below questions if could anyone help me with that?

1. Which form I need to fill for my wife as a dependent. What are the requirements?
2. Do I need to mention about my first wife and divorce in the form?
3. From my second wife she has a child but he doesn't live with us ( living with first dad) so do I need to mention in the form about the child as well?

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks
Vesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent visa of uk citizen

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:21 am

Please do NOT tag your questions onto other members topics.
1. Which form I need to fill for my wife as a dependent. What are the requirements?
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa
2. Do I need to mention about my first wife and divorce in the form?
Yes. You have to prove you were free to marry and you have to include your divorce decree absolute as evidence.
3. From my second wife she has a child but he doesn't live with us ( living with first dad) so do I need to mention in the form about the child as well?
Likely.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vesh123
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vesh123 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:12 pm

Thanks for your reply.
What English language she requires, Is it B1, A1 or A2, as there are couple of in the list as below:

IELTS Life Skills – A1 Speaking & Listening
LanguageCert International ESOL SELT A1 (Speaking & Listening)
PTE Home A1
Skills for English UKVI A1 (2 component)
IELTS Life Skills – A2 Speaking and Listening
LanguageCert International ESOL SELT A2 (Speaking & Listening)
PTE Home A2
Skills for English UKVI A2 (2 component)
IELTS Life Skills – B1 Speaking & Listening

Thanks
Vesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:35 pm

A1 for an initial spouse visa from abroad as a minimum but A2 (required for the extension) and B1 (required for ILR) also accepted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vesh123
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vesh123 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:53 pm

So if she gives either A2 or B1 then it would also get accept for initial application outside UK?

Thanks
Vesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:54 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:53 pm
So if she gives either A2 or B1 then it would also get accept for initial application outside UK?

Thanks
Vesh
That is what I said yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Vesh123
Mood:
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Extension

Post by Vesh123 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:43 pm

Hi,

My husband is British national and aim to apply my visa as spouse dependent, Our document is almost ready but unfortunately my husband job get end this week due to company restructure issues. He was earning more than 18K from that Job. But my husband also doing another Job which is on contract till this December?

Could anyone help me with my below queries?

1. His second Job is less than 18K which is only his source of income at the moment and is on PAYE contract so can we use this income although its on contract till December or it has to be permanent job for applying?

2. As his main job is ended on 30th June can we use last three months payslips of old company if he gets the new role within this month without any gap?

3. Can we show the 18K income altogether from two jobs? or both has to be permanent?

Thanks
Vesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Extension

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:52 pm

Please do not tag your questions onto other members topics, it is considered rude.

Your post has been split and merged with your own existing topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Vesh123
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vesh123 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:02 pm

Thanks Cr001, but I couldn't see that topic as it was locked. And I don't know or have the option to create a new topic. Could you please help with that?

Thanks
Vesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:07 pm

It's already been merged etc. Nothing you need to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Vesh123
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vesh123 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:07 pm
Thanks, it seems my post will get ignore and no one could reply on that as I need help on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:12 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:04 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:07 pm
Thanks, it seems my post will get ignore and no one could reply on that as I need help on this.
Members will reply when they can and wish to answer your questions. We are all unpaid volunteers on the forum with family and work responsibilities.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Vesh123
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vesh123 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:44 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:43 pm
Hi,

My husband is British national and aim to apply my visa as spouse dependent, Our document is almost ready but unfortunately my husband job get end this week due to company restructure issues. He was earning more than 18K from that Job. But my husband also doing another Job which is on contract till this December?

1. His second Job is less than 18K which is only his source of income at the moment and is on PAYE contract so can we use this income although its on contract till December or it has to be permanent job for applying?

2. As his main job is ended on 30th June can we use last three months payslips of old company if he gets the new role within this month without any gap?

3. Can we show the 18K income altogether from two jobs? or both has to be permanent?

Thanks
Vesh
could any one help my queries above please?

Vesh123
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vesh123 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:15 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Vesh
Hi, I would be thankful if anyone help me with my questions, I urgently need in help.

Hope to hear from someone.

Thanks
Vesh

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:40 pm

Response will be when someone with same or similar previous experience or with appropriated knowledge to correctly respond to your question.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:16 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:15 pm
Vesh123 wrote:
Hi,

It doesn’t not have to be permanent.

Yes under Category B second condition.

Both jobs does not need to be permanent.

Thanks
Vesh
Hi, I would be thankful if anyone help me with my questions, I urgently need in help.

Thanks
Vesh
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Vesh123
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vesh123 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:22 am

TODMATT wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:16 pm
Vesh123 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:15 pm
Vesh123 wrote:
Hi,

It doesn’t not have to be permanent.

Yes under Category B second condition.

Both jobs does not need to be permanent.

Thanks
Vesh

Thanks
Vesh
Thanks TODMATT for your reply.

Still have confusion about below. would be thankful for your further help.

1. My Husband has only one job and earing 1100p/m (13k annually almost). Rest 5 to 6K if we get it from other Job ( to meet the 18K threshold) then how we would show both job earnings on the application form?

2. what document need to provide from both Jobs, also need the employer letters?

3. What is the Category B second condition?

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks
Vesh

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:37 pm

1. My Husband has only one job and earing 1100p/m (13k annually almost). Rest 5 to 6K if we get it from other Job ( to meet the 18K threshold) then how we would show both job earnings on the application form?

Are you salaried or unsalaried, if unsalaried then you must use this formula as per the official guidance to calculate your income to meet first condition of Category B.

(Total gross income from non-salaried employment in the period prior to the date of
application for which that employment has been held) divided by the number of
months and multiplied by 12 (or by the number of weeks and multiplied by 52 where
payment is weekly, or by the number of days and multiplied by 365 where payment
is daily) = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the
financial requirement.

2. what document need to provide from both Jobs, also need the employer letters?

Payslips from individual currnt employers, employment letter and bank statements showing income from current employer.

Read page 24

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf

Hope to hear from you.

Vesh123
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vesh123 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:48 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:37 pm

Are you salaried or unsalaried, if unsalaried then you must use this formula as per the official guidance to calculate your income to meet first condition of Category B.

(Total gross income from non-salaried employment in the period prior to the date of
months and multiplied by 12 (or by the number of weeks and multiplied by 52 where
financial requirement.

Payslips from individual currnt employers, employment letter and bank statements showing income from current employer.

Read page 24

Hope to hear from you.
Thanks for your reply TODMATT , much useful and appreciated. One last thing if you could help.

1. my Husband is getting paid monthly, working 26 hours per month as part time fixed term contract till Jan 2024 ( and income become 1150p/m)? so would it be salaried ?

2. can use the above income (1150*12) = £13800 to meet the 18k threshold?

Thanks
Vesh

Vesh123
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vesh123 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:09 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:48 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:37 pm

financial requirement.

Read page 24

Hope to hear from you.
Thanks for your reply TODMATT , much useful and appreciated. One last thing if you could help. we really in trouble

1. my Husband started the Job with employer last year May 2022 and paid monthly, working 26 hours per month as part time fixed term contract till Jan 2024 ( and income become 1150p/m) getting same income each month ? so would it be unsalaried ?

2. As he is working with that employer more than six moths so would fall under category A section 1?

2. can we use the above income (1150*12) = £13800 to meet the 18k threshold? ( working more than 6 months with same employer)?

3. He also has the savings above 40K for the last 6 months can we use it with the above income then how we calculate it?

4. Whole calculation would be helpful based on the above income and saving?

Thanks
Vesh

Thanks for your reply TODMATT , much useful and appreciated. One last thing if you could help. we really in trouble.

Please ignore my question in last post and have few questions as below that came in mind after reading the guide. We really in trouble as my husband main permanent job finished unexpectedly so things get tough suddenly :( . But luckily he still has second Job ( now main source of income) working more than six months. So your further help would give us relief.

1. my Husband started that Job with employer last year May 2022 and paid monthly, working 26 hours per month as part time fixed term contract till Jan 2024 ( and income become 1150p/m getting same income each month) so would it be unsalaried or salaried ?

2. As he is working with that employer more than six moths so would it fall under category A section 1?

3. can we use the above income (1150*12) = £13800 to meet the 18k threshold? ( working more than 6 months with same employer)?

4. He also has the savings above 40K for the last 6 months can we use it with the above income then how we calculate it ( if its under category A or B)?

5. Whole calculation would be helpful based on the above income and saving?

6. What if after sending the application, if his that job also get terminated for some reason would it effects the application and get refuse?

Thanks
Vesh

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:18 am

1. my Husband started that Job with employer last year May 2022 and paid monthly, working 26 hours per month as part time fixed term contract till Jan 2024 ( and income become 1150p/m getting same income each month) so would it be unsalaried or salaried ?

It’s a fixed contract so therefore it will be salaried from my point of view. Total salary = £13,800

Category A is a viable option here combine with savings

£18,600 - £13,800 = £4,800 short fall

£4,800 x 2.5 + 16,000 = £28,000 savings required

So therefore you can combine category A and D togethe
r.

2. As he is working with that employer more than six moths so would it fall under category A section 1?

3. can we use the above income (1150*12) = £13800 to meet the 18k threshold? ( working more than 6 months with same employer)?

4. He also has the savings above 40K for the last 6 months can we use it with the above income then how we calculate it ( if its under category A or B)?

6. What if after sending the application, if his that job also get terminated for some reason would it effects the application and get refuse?

Vesh123
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vesh123 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:27 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:18 am

It’s a fixed contract so therefore it will be salaried from my point of view. Total salary = £13,800

Category A is a viable option here combine with savings

£18,600 - £13,800 = £4,800 short fall

£4,800 x 2.5 + 16,000 = £28,000 savings required

So therefore you can combine category A and D togethe
r.

Thanks TODMATT for your response and it's really helpful and give us a hope to apply. You are a star.
If you could also help on below points that would be great.

1. My Husband asked his employer to send the employer letter and they stated as below. He is working hourly but every month hours are fixed (i.e.26 hours) and sometime get extra hours as well. His last 6 earnings are £1241 + £1174 + £1174 + £2506 (worked extra hours) + £1174 + £1965 (worked extra hours) . So based on this earning is it still salaried?

"I am writing to confirm that XXXX is currently employed in a part time fixed term appointment as an Hourly Paid Academic Support in the School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences at the University XXXX. He commenced employment with the University on 1 May 2022"

2. If above earning is not salaried and declare as unsalaried so would it still fall under Category A ( as working with same employer more than 6 months i.e. since May 2022)?

3. What if after sending the application, if his that job also get terminated for some reason ( while application is pending) would it effects the application and get refuse?

4. Can we totally rely on Cash savings (not employment) then how much we my need the savings for last 6 months?

Thanks
Vesh

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:06 am

1. My Husband asked his employer to send the employer letter and they stated as below. He is working hourly but every month hours are fixed (i.e.26 hours) and sometime get extra hours as well. His last 6 earnings are £1241 + £1174 + £1174 + £2506 (worked extra hours) + £1174 + £1965 (worked extra hours) . So based on this earning is it still salaried?

Does the payslips shows basic pay and also shows overtime separately or it shows both overtime and basic pay togeher? if both are togeher then I would suggest non salaried non formula where you add last 6 months payslips divide by 6 x 12 and use this to workout short fall for savings as explained above. Otherwise x 12 basic pay and use non salaried formula to calculate OT separately and combine both together to give you total and this will be used.

"I am writing to confirm that XXXX is currently employed in a part time fixed term appointment as an Hourly Paid Academic Support in the School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences at the University XXXX. He commenced employment with the University on 1 May 2022"

2. If above earning is not salaried and declare as unsalaried so would it still fall under Category A ( as working with same employer more than 6 months i.e. since May 2022)?

3. What if after sending the application, if his that job also get terminated for some reason ( while application is pending) would it effects the application and get refuse?

Provided you meet the requirement at the date of the application. There’s a court case last year about this.

4. Can we totally rely on Cash savings (not employment) then how much we my need the savings for last 6 months?

Vesh123
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vesh123 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:01 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:06 am

Does the payslips shows basic pay and also shows overtime separately or it shows both overtime and basic pay togeher? if both are togeher then I would suggest non salaried non formula where you add last 6 months payslips divide by 6 x 12 and use this to workout short fall for savings as explained above. Otherwise x 12 basic pay and use non salaried formula to calculate OT separately and combine both together to give you total and this will be used.

Provided you meet the requirement at the date of the application. There’s a court case last year about this.

1. I checked with my Hubi and his payslips shows both basic pay and overtime together so as per your last comment we believe it would be Non-salaried, is it right?

2. If we calculate the last 6 payslip and apply the formula then it would become £1241 + £1174 + £1174 + £2506 + £1174 + £1965 = 9234 /6 = 1539 *12 = £18468 ??

3. So that above income £18468 would fall under category A ( employment is more than 6 months , working since May 2022) ?

4. Rest short fall would be £18468-£18600= £132, which we can get from savings. And we need £16,330. Is it correct?

5. What documents we need if we show income and saving to support our application?

6. Regarding your below reply, does it mean it won't affect the application if lost the job? Can you share the case reference link please

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks
Vesh

Vesh123
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Vesh123 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:54 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:01 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:06 am

1. I checked with my Hubi and his payslips shows both basic pay and overtime together so as per your last comment we believe it would be Non-salaried, is it right?

2. If we calculate the last 6 payslip and apply the formula then it would become £1241 + £1174 + £1174 + £2506 + £1174 + £1965 = 9234 /6 = 1539 *12 = £18468 ??

3. So that above income £18468 would fall under category A ( employment is more than 6 months , working since May 2022) ?

4. Rest short fall would be £18468-£18600= £132, which we can get from savings. And we need £16,330. Is it correct?

5. What documents we need if we show income and saving to support our application?

6. Regarding your below reply, does it mean it won't affect the application if lost the job? Can you share the case reference link please

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks
Vesh
Hope you are well. your further help much be appreciated.

Thanks
Vesh