ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NATURALISATION APPLICATION NOW OVER 12 MONTHS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mc30
Newly Registered
New Zealand

NATURALISATION APPLICATION NOW OVER 12 MONTHS

Post by mc30 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:19 pm

Hello

I submitted my naturalisation application on 27 July 2022.
I submitted all of my documents via the IDV app on 3 August 2022.

It is now nearly 12 months and I do not have a decision on my application.

I have contacted FutureNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk, however, they have stated:

As you may be aware, naturalization, is not an automatic process. One of the requirements for naturalisation, as set out in the nationality law, concerns good character. Character is not defined and a fairly broad view has to be taken when judging whether this requirement has been satistfied.
As part of the application process, the Home Office routinely conducts checks with other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time taken to complete these checks varies according to the particular circumstance of each application. So far, the checks have not been completed with regard to your application.

Has anybody else had a similar experience on the length of time it is taking to process?

And have you taken any alternative steps?

This is clearly well over the 6 months advised.

Thank you.

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Re: NATURALISATION APPLICATION NOW OVER 12 MONTHS

Post by jafersadeq » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:59 pm

Request SAR, you will find alias names in your record, you have to correct it.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:27 pm

jafersadeq wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:59 pm
Request SAR, you will find alias names in your record, you have to correct it.
How and whom we need to contact to correct Aliases.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:32 pm

mc30 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:19 pm
Hello

I have contacted FutureNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk, however, they have stated:

As you may be aware, naturalization, is not an automatic process. One of the requirements for naturalisation, as set out in the nationality law, concerns good character. Character is not defined and a fairly broad view has to be taken when judging whether this requirement has been satistfied.
As part of the application process, the Home Office routinely conducts checks with other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time taken to complete these checks varies according to the particular circumstance of each application. So far, the checks have not been completed with regard to your application.

Has anybody else had a similar experience on the length of time it is taking to process?

Thank you.
I am in the same boat. Applied last year in July and getting same replies. I have checked my SAR and found 3 name Aliases. Recently contacted by Case Work teams regarding my child application and asked to submit parents consent, which I did on the same day. Case worker team told me as soon as they received the requested docs so they start working on our family application. Its looks me that for last 11 months application was in deep freezer and they have now taken this out.

SBASCO4
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by SBASCO4 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:59 am

hina_pirzada wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:32 pm
mc30 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:19 pm
Hello

Thank you.
I am in the same boat. Applied last year in July and getting same replies. I have checked my SAR and found 3 name Aliases. Recently contacted by Case Work teams regarding my child application and asked to submit parents consent, which I did on the same day. Case worker team told me as soon as they received the requested docs so they start working on our family application. Its looks me that for last 11 months application was in deep freezer and they have now taken this out.
Hi Hina, plz can u guide how to get SAR? any link plz? I can not find any useful link. thanks

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:44 pm

SBASCO4
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by SBASCO4 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:45 pm

Thank you very much for the link, there are 3 type of subject access request, Basic Requests, Specific Requests and detailed request? so which one we should get to check? thanks again dear

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:17 am

SBASCO4 wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:45 pm
Thank you very much for the link, there are 3 type of subject access request, Basic Requests, Specific Requests and detailed request? so which one we should get to check? thanks again dear
Go for detailed request which gives details of all information or record (of course minus the redacted bits) of you held by HO.

mc30
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by mc30 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:48 am

Thank you.
We will submit a SAR as you have suggested.
It is very concerning that we have not heard anything. In particular, it is concerning that the "good character" checks seem to be taking so long as there is no reason whatsoever that these checks will cause the application to fail or be slowed.

Any other feedback and suggestions are most welcomed.

Thank you in advance.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:14 pm

mc30 wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:48 am
Thank you.
We will submit a SAR as you have suggested.
It is very concerning that we have not heard anything. In particular, it is concerning that the "good character" checks seem to be taking so long as there is no reason whatsoever that these checks will cause the application to fail or be slowed.

Any other feedback and suggestions are most welcomed.

Thank you in advance.
The SR will not help to speed up the process but you will get some ideas if you do find any comments by the case worker team

mc30
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by mc30 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:23 pm

Thank you for your help.

As you say, getting a response that outlines any comments will be helpful as at the moment it is just silence from them.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:47 pm

Hi just updating ....

My application along my dependant has been approved today .... it took 12 months

I have 3 aliases under my name.

I will provide further details later

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:26 am

hina_pirzada wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:47 pm
Hi just updating ....

My application along my dependant has been approved today .... it took 12 months

Congratulations

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:59 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Hi just updating ....

Hi Hina

Congratulations. I have been reading your replies on various topics. Good to see you have finally received it. I also wanted to request SAR. However, wasn't sure what to answer to the question 'Why do you need the detailed SAR'. Can you please tell me what was your answer to that question?

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:44 pm

talreh20 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:59 pm
hina_pirzada wrote:
Hi just updating ....

Hi Hina

Congratulations. I have been reading your replies on various topics. Good to see you have finally received it. I also wanted to request SAR. However, wasn't sure what to answer to the question 'Why do you need the detailed SAR'. Can you please tell me what was your answer to that question?
Hi Talreh20,

Sorry for the late reply. I don't remember exactly what I selected and you haven't mentioned any options here. However, you can select which fulfill your needs. Asking SAR is your legal right for whatever reason according to DATA Protection Act. for example, you would like to check what record is held by HO under your name.

SAR is not very quiet helpful if you want to check the updates on your application. Based on my experience, I would suggest as soon as the application complete six months. The next day you can start following up your application and send email to further nationality. They will take 2-4 weeks to reply and most you will get standard reply. So the best option to keep CC to your local MP and and Home Office Complaint Team.

I was chasing my application since March 2023, and six months completed in January 2023. So I wasted 2 months. Every time I got the standard reply. My application came to under consideration on 4th July 2023. When I received an email from Case Worker Team.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:58 pm

Hi Hina

Thank you for your reply. The only purpose is to see if there are any Aliases in my history as you have mentioned there were 3 and another member also mentioned they also had aliases in their history. Did you take any action to get the aliases removed from your record?

I submitted my application on 12th March and gave biometrics on 14th March. So 6 months will finish on 14th Sep 23. The home office contacted me on 26-05-2023 to ask for my home address history which I missed when completed my application. I replied on 27-05-2023. I did receive an auto-acknowledgment response from the home office on the same day. and since then they are quite.

Many thanks

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:38 pm

talreh20 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:58 pm
Hi Hina

Thank you for your reply. The only purpose is to see if there are any Aliases in my history as you have mentioned there were 3 and another member also mentioned they also had aliases in their history. Did you take any action to get the aliases removed from your record?

I submitted my application on 12th March and gave biometrics on 14th March. So 6 months will finish on 14th Sep 23. The home office contacted me on 26-05-2023 to ask for my home address history which I missed when completed my application. I replied on 27-05-2023. I did receive an auto-acknowledgment response from the home office on the same day. and since then they are quite.

Many thanks
Hello,

Regarding aliases as concerned note that its is not problematic. The reason is if someone name has three different words in his / her name for (Example)

Muhammad Ahmed Khan

so aliases come like this

1. Muhammad Ahmed
2. Muhammad Khan
3. Ahmed Khan

In case of married women's some how like (Example)

first name is : Farzana Khatoon
Husband name: Salman Mustufa

so the aliases come as

1. Farzana Khatoon
2. Farzana Salman
3. Farzana Khatoon Mustufa

So in the above examples you can notice that all the aliases have derived from the name combination.

You can obtain SAR. Once its received, check aliases, if you found any write back to SAR team to look into it.

Immediately after 6 months start chasing your application.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:33 am

hi Hina

Very helpful answer. Appreciated.

I'll get started with chasing them after 15 Sep.

Many thanks once again.