ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When do you submit IRP card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Blessings123
Pakistan

When do you submit IRP card

Post by Blessings123 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:45 am

Hi all
I am currently waiting for my Garda vetting. I am just wondering if we have to submit IRP at the naturalisation ceremony? What if someone needs to travel after the naturalisation? As I understand the whole process of receiving certificate in post and getting Irish passport could take weeks/months.
Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: When do you submit IRP card

Post by meself2 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:33 am

Blessings123 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:45 am
am just wondering if we have to submit IRP at the naturalisation ceremony?
Not anymore.
Technically, you're Irish after the ceremony, but you can travel with IRP - it'll work for airlines and you should be able to explain yourself at the Irish border if issues arise (nothing has been reported so far).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:26 am

We just came back from holiday two days ago, and were at the ceremony in June. No cert yet.

Presented the IRP card as normal in the airport on re-entry, stamped the entry stamp as normal and nothing was asked or said.

We are going away next weekend for the Aug bank holiday and in Sept to visit my husbands family, so we will have to do the same again as even if he gets the cert in the meantime we wont have a passport yet.

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:04 am

Mate you are waiting for evetting you said. So please no worries about the IRP card because probably you gonna finish this one..

Thats Ireland..

After the ceremony when you will apply for passport I think you need to send your IRP card to them.
Just guess..

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:05 am

muzzy wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:04 am
After the ceremony when you will apply for passport I think you need to send your IRP card to them.
Just guess..
Nope, they just need the certificate. You have to send your passport, though, so you won't be able to travel in the meantime, but that's another story.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:10 am

meself2 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:05 am
muzzy wrote:
Just guess..
Nope, they just need the certificate. You have to send your passport, though, so you won't be able to travel in the meantime, but that's another story.
According to the passport website, you only have to send your passport if you don't have a PSC Card? Even at that someone said on a different thread that you only had to supply a certified copy of your passport if required?
Its not 100% clear to me.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:18 am

luxurylemon wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:10 am
According to the passport website, you only have to send your passport if you don't have a PSC Card? Even at that someone said on a different thread that you only had to supply a certified copy of your passport if required?
Indeed, there's no mention of passport being required, my apologies. Even better then!
I know you can also submit a certified copy of naturalisation certificate now, which should minimize the amount of original documents sent.

Anyways, we're derailing the topic. The point is that IRP isn't taken away after naturalisation.

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:21 am

So it gonna be souvenir with us 👍☘️
meself2 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:18 am
luxurylemon wrote:
Indeed, there's no mention of passport being required, my apologies. Even better then!
I know you can also submit a certified copy of naturalisation certificate now, which should minimize the amount of original documents sent.

Anyways, we're derailing the topic. The point is that IRP isn't taken away after naturalisation.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:53 pm

luxurylemon wrote:
meself2 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:05 am
muzzy wrote:
Just guess..
Coming back to the discussion, see post2124359.html#p2124359 :
Is original passport mandatory? Application cover page says it is not, confirmation email says it is
Not sure which one is right (yet), but might be a good idea to consider this possibility in terms of trips.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:05 pm

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... -05-10/37/

I'd say their forms/website just isn't updated correctly. Seems like its not required if you can provide one of the other documents.