ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation certificate post ceremony timeframe

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

toshinobu
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Naturalisation certificate post ceremony timeframe

Post by toshinobu » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:25 pm

mrworld9 wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:24 am
You are absolutely right @GoWentGone123.

I just received my cert this morning. Best of luck to all other waiting to receive their cert.

The journey has been long but glory be to God in the end. Off to apply for my first Irish passport.

GoWentGone123 wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:03 am
This week people who attended the June ceremonies will be receiving the certificates. Sit back and relax!
Congrats.

Can everyone please post TIME FRAMES when posting updates?? When was your ceremony exactly? June 19 or 20??

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:46 pm

Cert received for 20th June ceremony!

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:51 am

Hello ;

I have attented to ceremony on 19th.

Still no update. No small info from anyone. No reply for emails.

They just killed all my joy. All happines is gone.

Waiting for nothing.. i start to feel it will never come.

Its a clear torture..

Good luck to everyone but its obvious i will never get anything i have no idea what to do.

I will contact with solicitor tomorrow i will definitely go to court at least they will give some info to judge.. whoever defence this system its clear he is working for them

HappyDuck
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by HappyDuck » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:41 pm

muzzy wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:51 am
Hello ;

Its a clear torture..

Good luck to everyone but its obvious i will never get anything i have no idea what to do.

I will contact with solicitor tomorrow i will definitely go to court at least they will give some info to judge.. whoever defence this system its clear he is working for them
Best of luck with it. The lack of communication has been pretty painful.

I had my ceremony on June 20th and I'm waiting on my cert now. It's been 3 years since I've submitted my citizenship application, and most of my friends who submitted their applications years after me already have their passports. Hopefully, the new process they're trialing improves things for everyone in the future.

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:52 pm

They do not care..

There is no even reply or give a small info.

Its crazy

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:52 pm

They do not care..

There is no even reply or give a small info.

Its crazy

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:55 pm

HappyDuck wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:41 pm
muzzy wrote:
Hello ;

Its a clear torture..

I had my ceremony on June 20th and I'm waiting on my cert now. It's been 3 years since I've submitted my citizenship application, and most of my friends who submitted their applications years after me already have their passports. Hopefully, the new process they're trialing improves things for everyone in the future.
I think we are on the same page, waited more than 2 years for the approval, while my friends got their passports in less than 2 years. Still waiting for the certificate. Seeing that another friend who applied in Feb 2023 already received her certificate is also annoying. No visibility and lack of fairness tbh.

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:12 pm

May I learn how you know it? Just guess or is there any info. Because whatever I do i cant find any info or get reply from department.

Thank you
GoWentGone123 wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:03 am
This week people who attended the June ceremonies will be receiving the certificates. Sit back and relax!

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:17 pm

Its not a bad or lack communication because there is 0 % communication so we cant say its bad 🙄

I have no idea what to do.. only solution I can think i will go to court and department will give answer to Judge.

Is it so difficult to write email or twit about it.

Some people get it some not.. enough is enough it is so clear i will not get anything so tell me i will not get that cert..

Its a joke mate. Its a clear joke. Anyway there is nothing to do.
HappyDuck wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:41 pm
muzzy wrote:
Hello ;

Its a clear torture..

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:49 am

Postman brought bills not the certificate of course.

Its getting crazy. Its getting dangerous.

I have an appointment with solicitor on monday.

%100 I am going to court.

Its not right. I hope God punish them for what they do to people.

Dont tell me crazy things like a its normal because it is not.

My house mate went ceremony before pandemic with another 2000 people and they got their certificate in ceremony but they have changed it for no reason we are waiting for what ? How long ??

I WAS LOOKING FOR SMALL INFO FROM THEM but THEY DONT EVEN CARE TO REPLY.

Enough is enough. I dont care anymore.

They will definitely give an answer to Judge.

I dont want it I dont care anymore.

Good luck to everyone.

RCCar
Belarus

Post by RCCar » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:09 am

Calm down, when you applied? I applied in July 2021 payment processed, but waiting to the invite for the next ceremony. I recommend to just wait a few more weeks and keep your mental health safe, I don't think you speed the process going to the court.

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:11 am

muzzy wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:49 am
Postman brought bills not the certificate of course.

Its getting crazy. Its getting dangerous.

I have an appointment with solicitor on monday.

%100 I am going to court.

Its not right. I hope God punish them for what they do to people.

Dont tell me crazy things like a its normal because it is not.

My house mate went ceremony before pandemic with another 2000 people and they got their certificate in ceremony but they have changed it for no reason we are waiting for what ? How long ??

I WAS LOOKING FOR SMALL INFO FROM THEM but THEY DONT EVEN CARE TO REPLY.

Enough is enough. I dont care anymore.

They will definitely give an answer to Judge.

I dont want it I dont care anymore.

Good luck to everyone.
I think there is nothing we can do here, I discussed with my solicitor last week and they confirm that. My advice to you is try to find something to distract you instead of just waiting for the certificate. It is extremely annoying and not fair, however we cannot change it at this stage imo. Is there anything blocking you for now, I would understand if you have planned trips etc, if not, just ignore it for now.

P.S. A 3 month training program in another EU country approved me, which will be starting in mid september. I don't have a schengen visa atm so if I had the certificate, I would have enough time to get the passport and I would likely to go there, however yesterday I informed the them that I couldn't join due to visa issues. It was annoying but I cannot change it. I've hoped for the certificate till this week, however I gave up and informed the program not to join.

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:32 am

Personally I'd save my money and just wait a few more weeks for the certificate instead of wasting it on a solicitor. Use the money to treat yourself to something nice to celebrate when you get the cert.

Have you ever gone to court for anything in this country? It isnt quick. My father died 12 years ago and his estate still isn't settled because of an issue with insurance that went to court. I know someone who got summoned to court over motor offences, that didn't even go to court until 13 months after the offence.

You will have the certificate long before you get anywhere near a court. Plus Courts are on summer recess from next week.

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:40 am

How many people from the 20th still waiting? My wife is still waiting and it's getting absurd, she also has no current IRP (she renewed 2 months ago but still no card).

This is a bit of an issue since we're moving to the Netherlands in 2 weeks. The stupidity, laziness, and incompetence on the part of this department (literally adding months to applications because not a single person knows how to use a database and they're looking everything up by hand that could be one query) is something to behold.

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:06 am

Welcome to the club mate.

If they gave certificates in ceremonies it would be more easy for them too but no of course..

That certificate crisis will definitely effect next ceremonies.

fuzzbizz wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:40 am
How many people from the 20th still waiting? My wife is still waiting and it's getting absurd, she also has no current IRP (she renewed 2 months ago but still no card).

This is a bit of an issue since we're moving to the Netherlands in 2 weeks. The stupidity, laziness, and incompetence on the part of this department (literally adding months to applications because not a single person knows how to use a database and they're looking everything up by hand that could be one query) is something to behold.

4dacraic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by 4dacraic » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:46 pm

Question that that most likely has already been addressed...

Anyone know why they switched from certs at ceremony to posting them "sometime" afterward?

I was thinking by not printing all certs beforehand it allows them more flexibility and time to to invite approved applications to the ceremony?

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:53 pm

4dacraic wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:46 pm

Anyone know why they switched from certs at ceremony to posting them "sometime" afterward?

I was thinking by not printing all certs beforehand it allows them more flexibility and time to to invite approved applications to the ceremony?
No one knows, I wish they were more transparent.

In my opinion, the concerning part is there are quite a lot people still waiting after 5 weeks; and with this speed, I am afraid some of us would be still waiting even in September, I hope they speed up a bit.

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:08 pm

They cannot do another ceremony like this.. i dont think even they can announce another ceremony dates before they finish to send our cert.s

The craziest part is there is no info or answer... thats crazy mate..

If just 5 officer do 20 certs per day it could finish by now.. unbelievable
nzrmd wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:53 pm
4dacraic wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:46 pm

No one knows, I wish they were more transparent.

In my opinion, the concerning part is there are quite a lot people still waiting after 5 weeks; and with this speed, I am afraid some of us would be still waiting even in September, I hope they speed up a bit.

teep
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by teep » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:05 am

The complaints about these certificates is wild, you waited 2 years for you application to be sorted , be grateful that u been granted the thing .. I'm sure u can wait a month or two for the certificate.. Sending emails to ask where your certificate is is giving someone more work just to reply to you . Relax you'll get it when it comes to your 🚪

Staka68
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by Staka68 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:14 am

teep wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:05 am
The complaints about these certificates is wild, you waited 2 years for you application to be sorted , be grateful that u been granted the thing .. I'm sure u can wait a month or two for the certificate.. Sending emails to ask where your certificate is is giving someone more work just to reply to you . Relax you'll get it when it comes to your 🚪
Wild is your comment in my opinion. Citizenship was granted, people attended the ceremony in Killarney as instructed and paid 950 euros, they have the right to receive the certificates in a timely manner.

The delay is only due to a lack of organization and laziness, no other reasons. Covid is long gone now, what s the current excuse?

Ridiculous.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:39 am

teep wrote:
It's important to not underestimated the fact that these two months will put people in legal limbo.
People were naturalised, but they can't confirm it to any organisation whatsoever. Certain category of people (refugees) got their main travel document taken off them at the ceremony, so now they're stuck in the country for an unspecified period of time - they can't apply for Irish passport without a cert and they can't get a Travel Document as they're Irish (and it takes several months to process).

I agree it's better off to wait, but it doesn't undermine the issue arising with this new style of ceremony and cert issuance.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:20 am

If you can wait 1 or 2 months you can wait another 6 months too. What is difference ??? Certs should be given in ceremony and thats it. Easy for staff and easy for us.

The problem is they have to tell us how long will we wait but no info.. so wait.. anyway there will be.no more ceremony until they gonna finish june ceremonies certificates. So wait..how long ??

- Just God knows..

teep wrote:

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:23 am

I start to think I will never get it..

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:40 am

teep wrote:
Well waiting 2 years for the getting approval without any transparency is ridiculous already, so it is not an excuse for waiting two more months. It is definitely a limbo state, there is no evidence that I am a naturalised citizen now. This is Europe and Citizenship office is a public office, so they need to give an answer, this is their responsibility. And also if they worked properly (not talking about the individuals, I am talking about all organisation), they wouldn't get any emails from people desperately asking for the status. There are people who are dependent on this certificate. Just try to put yourself to their shoes before saying "relax".

griffith2
Ireland

Post by griffith2 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:45 am

muzzy wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:23 am
I start to think I will never get it..
When was your ceremony?
I had mine on the 19th and cert was delivered in 2 wks.
Applied irish passport the next day and today the tracker has changed to passport book printing.

I know a guy whose ceremony was in March 2023. His naturalisation cert was delivered 6th week after the ceremony. One more thing, on his cert the photo was someone else's photo so he had to return the cert, the new cert took another 6 wks. During all this time they were not replying to any of his emails too.

I think you will get your cert in this coming week. 👌