ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation certificate post ceremony timeframe

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

muzzy
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation certificate post ceremony timeframe

Post by muzzy » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:15 am

I have attented on 19th. My brother have attented 20th.

You are the luckiest one I have ever heard. Imagine you passport is in printing but I dont have a proof to show I am an Irish citizen.

Ridiculous.
griffith2 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:45 am
muzzy wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:23 am
I start to think I will never get it..
When was your ceremony?
I had mine on the 19th and cert was delivered in 2 wks.
Applied irish passport the next day and today the tracker has changed to passport book printing.

I know a guy whose ceremony was in March 2023. His naturalisation cert was delivered 6th week after the ceremony. One more thing, on his cert the photo was someone else's photo so he had to return the cert, the new cert took another 6 wks. During all this time they were not replying to any of his emails too.

I think you will get your cert in this coming week. 👌

Prashantckc

Post by Prashantckc » Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:51 am

I am in same boat, attended ceremony on 20th-June-2023 and still not received the certificate.

Also no reply to any of my emails, not even an automated emails are coming. So really not sure what to do.

This has been so stressful journey and frustrating and god knows what these guys are doing.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:00 am

I'm nowhere near this stage (still waiting for evetting to commence), but it absolutely infuriates me to read that people are still waiting over a month after attending the ceremony for the one document that you now have an absolute right to have in your possession. What makes it worse is some people here telling others to "relax" when they have no idea what the lack of having this document has on other's personal affairs. Please stop with the "it's a privilege and not a right" nonsense too. If someone has gone through the process and been approved, paid their fees, signed the declaration and otherwise completed all of the necessary steps to become naturalised, this is the government not holding up their side of the deal and placing people in a very awkward and somewhat sticky legal situation.

I find it incomprehensible that this department can be so disorganised that they cannot provide a now naturalised citizen this very important document on the actual ceremony day. I would love for TD to question the minister on this one and hear what the reasoning is behind it. Lack of staff? Brexit?? Covid??? No toner available for the printers???? Surely hand sealing and posting (registered post mind you) thousands of certificates cannot be easier or more efficient?

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:22 am

It's helpful to realize that the dark side of "sure it's grand" is that nobody can do their damn job. Nobody ever calls back, everyone is incredibly late (if they show up at all), and if you want a job done well you hire an immigrant.

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:24 pm

Waiting for nothing...

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:45 pm

Guys ;

I just got call from UNKNOWN number.
I couldnt find to upload ss..

anyway lady call me from citizenship department and confirm my address . She said she just post my certificate and I will get it tomorrow or early next week.

Kind regards

luxurylemon
Ireland

Post by luxurylemon » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:47 pm

They could even be sending out the certificates in small batches slowly and deliberately so as not to overwhelm the passport office with ~5000 applications in one go? Could be possible?

Prashantckc

Post by Prashantckc » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:55 pm

muzzy wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:45 pm
Guys ;

anyway lady call me from citizenship department and confirm my address . She said she just post my certificate and I will get it tomorrow or early next week.

Kind regards

Did your address changed from teh application? Wondering why they called for confirmation for address

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:56 pm

luxurylemon wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:47 pm
They could even be sending out the certificates in small batches slowly and deliberately so as not to overwhelm the passport office with ~5000 applications in one go? Could be possible?
There'll be a surge one way or another. I doubt they do it deliberately, my assumption is that they overestimated their capacity and had to do a ton of certs in urgent fashion to get it done for 19th, so now they're slowing down, but that's just speculation.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:11 pm

Yes it has been changed but after I have changed it I got 3 mails from 3 different times..

Prashantckc wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:55 pm
muzzy wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:45 pm
Guys ;

Kind regards

Did your address changed from teh application? Wondering why they called for confirmation for address

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:18 pm

We're moving in a week and it would be helpful if they actually checked address.

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:14 pm

luxurylemon wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:47 pm
I don’t think it is the case, in December 3000 people got their certificates right after the ceremony abd that didn’t create any problem on passport application as far as I remember.

4dacraic
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by 4dacraic » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:31 am

Alas...another week's worth of visits from the postmen without a cert to show for it...I must email citizenship department and see if I could lend them some of my carry over pages from my HP instant ink plan, seems they've run out...

Newuser1290
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Newuser1290 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:33 am

Same situation for me . Better if they just let us go over to Tipperary to collect it 🥲
4dacraic wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:31 am
Alas...another week's worth of visits from the postmen without a cert to show for it...I must email citizenship department and see if I could lend them some of my carry over pages from my HP instant ink plan, seems they've run out...

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:56 am

What a ridiculous answer to this TD's certification delay question:

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... naturalise

"My Department trialled this new format at the recent March Citizenship Ceremonies in the RDS. This had the aim to test the best means of increasing the number of ceremonies annually in order to naturalise more applicants more frequently."

So by posting them out after the ceremony (some over a month later) somehow allows for more ceremonies to take place?? The only sense (and I use that word lightly) that I can conclude is they only know who will be attending the next ceremony right up to the week or two beforehand and there is no time for them to print and provide them on the day. Unbelievable.

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:29 am

So they are trying which one is better... ridiculous 😀

Some people already got their passport but some of them waiting for certs.. magnificent system..

anyway as I said I got a call yesterday from Unknown number and lady said she gonna post it and I will get it next week..

Lets see.. 🙏

Newuser1290
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Newuser1290 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:34 am

I gave up and emailed them today . Did they ever respond to your emails ?
muzzy wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:29 am

Some people already got their passport but some of them waiting for certs.. magnificent system..

anyway as I said I got a call yesterday from Unknown number and lady said she gonna post it and I will get it next week..

Lets see.. 🙏

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:49 am

If you are lucky they will respond with copy paste.

"Shortly" " in due course"

Same story different day..

Newuser1290 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:34 am
muzzy wrote:

Lets see.. 🙏

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:26 pm

Anyone try using the route for a lost certificate? They said it would arrive in two weeks so clearly it must have been lost in the post. But the form for a lost cert wants to know your original certificate number....

nzrmd
Turkey

Post by nzrmd » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:39 pm

I've sent probably 3 emails because I was desperate. No replies. I explained my situation that I was accepted a short term program but they were asking for an evidence of being a EU citizen. I couldn't provide it on time and I missed the chance. Last 2 weeks I tried all emails that I could find on the Department of Justice, however zero answer. So I assume there is nothing we can do besides waiting here
muzzy wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:49 am

Newuser1290 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:34 am
muzzy wrote:

Lets see.. 🙏

Newuser1290
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Newuser1290 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:46 pm

Yes, I even called my solicitor this morning.They asked me to send them email and wait !
nzrmd wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:39 pm
I've sent probably 3 emails because I was desperate. No replies. I explained my situation that I was accepted a short term program but they were asking for an evidence of being a EU citizen. I couldn't provide it on time and I missed the chance. Last 2 weeks I tried all emails that I could find on the Department of Justice, however zero answer. So I assume there is nothing we can do besides waiting here

[quote=muzzy post_id=2123980 time=<a href="tel:1690541364">1690541364</a> user_id=278260]

[quote=Newuser1290 post_id=2123977 time=<a href="tel:1690540496">1690540496</a> user_id=278149]
I gave up and emailed them today . Did they ever respond to your emails ? [quote=muzzy post_id=2123976 time=<a href="tel:1690540144">1690540144</a> user_id=278260]

Lets see.. 🙏
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:54 am

Is there anyone have good news

Newuser1290
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Newuser1290 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:01 am

I received mine today . The cover letter was dated July 12th !
muzzy wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:54 am
Is there anyone have good news

HappyDuck
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by HappyDuck » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:03 am

Attended the ceremony on June 20th. Postman brought random letters today but still no certificate.

muzzy
Ireland

Post by muzzy » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:57 am

Thats biggest bullshit situation I have ever seen in my life.

Some people already got their Passport some people still waiting for the certificate.

I swear to god i dont want it anymore. Its ridiculous.
... it !