ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Spouse visa timeline confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sreekan2

ILR Spouse visa timeline confusion

Post by sreekan2 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:53 pm

Hi All,
I am a British citizen
My wife first came to the UK in 2014(I was on Tier 2), but she was out of the UK for more than 1 year around 2017.
she came back with a new visa in 2018 (I was on ILR) and since then, we also got an extension, now she is eligible for ILR under the 5-year route.

while filling out the form(first came to the UK, and breaks), do I need to consider(the dates) of her initial visit) or just the re-entry?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Spouse visa timeline confusion

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:39 am

sreekan2 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:53 pm
Hi All,
I am a British citizen
My wife first came to the UK in 2014(I was on Tier 2), but she was out of the UK for more than 1 year around 2017.
she came back with a new visa in 2018 (I was on ILR) and since then, we also got an extension, now she is eligible for ILR under the 5-year route.

while filling out the form(first came to the UK, and breaks), do I need to consider(the dates) of her initial visit) or just the re-entry?
This should be in reference to the 5years on which the ILR is based which presumably is from 2018.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Spouse visa timeline confusion

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:13 pm

The date entered on the application is not important. Eligibility is based on continuous residence, not the date you enter on the form
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice