ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (BRP) Return after Naturalization & What is a quicker way to Apply for a passport via Online / Post Office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR (BRP) Return after Naturalization & What is a quicker way to Apply for a passport via Online / Post Office

Post by hina_pirzada » Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:29 am

Dear Members,

Firstly, thank you to everyone who spent time answering members' queries and sharing experiences.
As you are all aware, my Immigration journey is going to end. Finally got approved on the 24th of July, and the ceremony is scheduled for the 4th of August.

There are some speculations about ILR (BRP) to be returned after getting the certificate. I have read a few posts where the board members are concerned about their children getting citizenship via MN1 and suggesting that the ILR is only proof of their children's citizenship. I am confused and didn’t see anything in Home Office published guidance. The guidance is obvious to return it within five working days.

I have a couple of questions and hope seniors will help me to find the answer.

1. Would I need to keep the certified copies of my ILR as proof of my children's citizenship?
2. Can I apply for a first child passport using fast track based on Naturalization? Is there any facility available?
3. What is the best way to apply for the passport “Online” or through “Post Office”?

I appreciate any help and comments you can give me based on your experience.

Kind Regards,

Hina

vinny

Re: ILR (BRP) Return after Naturalization & What is a quicker way to Apply for a passport via Online / Post Office

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:17 am

1. If you held an ILR BRP (or NTL BRP) when your child was born in the UK, then I think you should keep the original. Else, if your child was registered via MN1 under Section 1(3), then the registration certificate is necessary and may suffice.

2. Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR (BRP) Return after Naturalization & What is a quicker way to Apply for a passport via Online / Post Office

Post by hina_pirzada » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:44 am

vinny wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:17 am
1. If you held an ILR BRP (or NTL BRP) when your child was born in the UK, then I think you should keep the original. Else, if your child was registered via MN1 under Section 1(3), then the registration certificate is necessary and may suffice.

2. Yes.
Hi Vinny,

Many thanks. Regarding the passport application process, are there any biometrics we can go through again via UKVCAS, book an appointment and do bio-metric?

Note that my child got Naturalised, NOT through MN1.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:26 am

There are no biometrics for passport applications.

If your child is under 18 years of age, the child was REGISTERED as British on form MN1. Naturalisation is only for adults in form AN.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:32 am

I think they may include the child’s registration application with the parent’s AN application?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:47 am

vinny wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:32 am
I think they may include the child’s registration application with the parent’s AN application?
Yes I included my child's application with me

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:48 am

and also child held ILR on the basis of 10 years and classed as non-eu.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:58 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:47 am
vinny wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:32 am
Yes I included my child's application with me
It is still an MN1 application for registration regardless!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:58 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:48 am
Makes NO difference
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:49 pm

Thanks

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by hina_pirzada » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:50 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:58 pm
hina_pirzada wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:48 am
Makes NO difference
Thanks