ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

danibaba
Newly Registered

Please Help

Post by danibaba » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:35 pm

Hi, i have applied for PSW in 26th Sep,08 from Cambridge College of Learning PGD.I got the initial reply from HO and payment was deducted but i havent heard of anything after that and its been almost 15 weeks, i have called twice but got the same answer that my file is awaiting for consideration. I also have apaplied for my wife and little son as dependents with my application.
Please help anyone with legal aspects..
College was on HO listed website when i applied but now its closed and off the list.
Now visa is already runout in Oct31st ,anyone help me i m confused, we had travel arrangements which r cancelled now but for how long???normal processing tiime is about 14 weeks.
what is my legal status here now and m i allowed to find work to feed my family.what will happen if i get the refusal.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:42 pm

Normal processing time is 6 weeks for Point based system. As of now you are still a student and cannot work full time until you get your visa back but you can cross check that with Home Office inquiries. Contact them to know what is happening with your application as it is past 6 weeks. Good luck and I hope you get your visa back soon.

P:S
You are not illegal since your passport is still with the HO. If you are refused, you can always appeal the decision and all that info will be communicated IF you do get refused but let's not think of that. I hope you get it.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

danibaba
Newly Registered

Post by danibaba » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:25 pm

Thanks for kind information. I have called them today and they said its a delays because the HSMP laws r changing so they held up lots of files for the moment. I can either withdraw my application or wait for the decision and meanwhile i can find work.this is what i got the answer from them,,,,looking forward for a positive decision.