ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application 2023(laminated birth cert)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alex97
Newly Registered
Ireland

Passport Application 2023(laminated birth cert)

Post by Alex97 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:54 pm

Hi all,I've received my naturalization cert a few days back(attended the ceremony on 20th of June) and applied for a passport online this morning so started collecting all the papers to be sent to the passport office but got a question:In the requirements it says that the original birth cert must be sent along with the translation(if its in a different language) but my cert is laminated for the last 25 years(prob since my birth).Im originally Bulgarian but was born in Ukraine and it is physically impossible to get a replacement cert now without going there in person casue the place is at war now.Would sending a letter with an explanation to the passport office do?
Has anyone on this forum came across a similar problem with laminated cert and how did you deal with it?
Thanks in advance

griffith2
Ireland

Re: Passport Application 2023(laminated birth cert)

Post by griffith2 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:19 pm

Laminated documents are not accepted because they cannot be scanned in their scanner.

If i were you i would have a colored photocopy certified by a solicitor or even Gardai.
You should see the list of people on DFA who can certify your documents.

Of course you can also write a supporting letter explaining your problem.