ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Planning a Holiday to Italy and Spain - Help please

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Neo2008
Newly Registered

Planning a Holiday to Italy and Spain - Help please

Post by Neo2008 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:44 pm

Hi,

We are planning a trip to Spain and Italy, sometime in February.

We hope to leave from London, fly to Italy, stay for couple nights, then fly to Spain, stay for couple nights and the return back home?

Could somebody please advise me on what steps I need to take to make sure we have the necessary documents to travel without any problems.

It is a group people of about 5 people, 3 of which have British Passports, the other two, my wife and my friends cousin have Indian passports. My wife has only 4months left on her passport, the other guy has about 13 months left.

I have heard they would need a "Schengen Visa". Where can we apply for this?..etc

I have read on this forum, that the non British Passport holders would need to book our tickets (hotel, flight, connecting flights) in advance. Is this right?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Neo.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Planning a Holiday to Italy and Spain - Help please

Post by sakura » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:37 am

Neo2008 wrote:Hi,

We are planning a trip to Spain and Italy, sometime in February.

We hope to leave from London, fly to Italy, stay for couple nights, then fly to Spain, stay for couple nights and the return back home?

Could somebody please advise me on what steps I need to take to make sure we have the necessary documents to travel without any problems.

It is a group people of about 5 people, 3 of which have British Passports, the other two, my wife and my friends cousin have Indian passports. My wife has only 4months left on her passport, the other guy has about 13 months left.

I have heard they would need a "Schengen Visa". Where can we apply for this?..etc

I have read on this forum, that the non British Passport holders would need to book our tickets (hotel, flight, connecting flights) in advance. Is this right?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Neo.
Go to the Italian or Spanish embassy websites for information about Schengen visas. I'd advise the Italian embassy, as it is your first entry into the Schengen space.

All visa requirements are listed on the website.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:40 pm

Some embassies require 3 months valid visa left in the passport from the date of travel.

fayj7
Newly Registered

Post by fayj7 » Wed May 20, 2009 6:05 pm

Hi,

U need to make the application through the country that you will be spending the most time in.
I just submitted my schengen application to go to Spain. Applying in person through the spanish embassy is an horrendous nightmare. I am married to a UK national and do not need to apply for a schengen but because Spain does not care the EU Directive I applied for my visa. I've read forums where people where detained at immigration for not applying for a Schengen. A useful agency to apply through is CIBT http://www.uk.cibt.com. This is one of the only visa I could find that would process visas to Spain.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu May 21, 2009 8:34 am

If you apply through an agency you'll have to pay for the service. If you're married to a British National and apply in person, the Schengen visa is free. I agree entirely that applying at the Spanish consulate isn't a pleasant experience.
This is very old post though and guess the OP may no longer be reading
responses. :roll: