ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nephente
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: E-Vetting Invitation & E-Vetting Process

Post by nephente » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:07 pm

User20123 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:35 pm
nephente wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:01 pm
Just got the confirmation from Immigration Online that my eVetting submission has been completed and I'll receive an email from NVB in "coming weeks" to complete the process.

Hope the definition of "coming weeks" is not another 6 weeks again...
Congrats. Happy for you!! at last, some motion. Could you confirm when you applied for naturalisation and if you were among the 13,000 individuals to whom e-vetting consent was sent?
I posted my application on March 3rd 2022, and yes I'm one of the 13000 people who got the bulk e-mail inviting to initiate the process over INIS online.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:44 am

nephente wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:07 pm
User20123 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:35 pm
nephente wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:01 pm
Just got the confirmation from Immigration Online that my eVetting submission has been completed and I'll receive an email from NVB in "coming weeks" to complete the process.

Hope the definition of "coming weeks" is not another 6 weeks again...
Congrats. Happy for you!! at last, some motion. Could you confirm when you applied for naturalisation and if you were among the 13,000 individuals to whom e-vetting consent was sent?
I posted my application on March 3rd 2022, and yes I'm one of the 13000 people who got the bulk e-mail inviting to initiate the process over INIS online.
Brilliant. Happy for you :D Hope we all get it in the coming weeks.[quote=nephente post_id=2122956

nephente
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by nephente » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:42 pm

Meanwhile, got the invitation mail from NVB just a few minutes ago.

Filled the form and posted it in a few minutes.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:28 pm

nephente wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:42 pm
Meanwhile, got the invitation mail from NVB just a few minutes ago.

Filled the form and posted it in a few minutes.
Congrats. I believe they are processing the e-vetting chronologically then. I should be getting mine in the coming weeks :?:

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:50 pm

sairsint wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:31 pm
Beside the terrible evetting figures that will never get a proper answer, I would like them to ask:

1. Why she won’t forgo the ceremonies, which is apparently now within the Ministers legal right to do.

And

2. Why they won’t issue certificates at the ceremonies (if they insist on having them) as it can cause problems for people not having the proper paperwork for weeks to months. (And it’s just not fair to make people wait even longer to get on with their lives)

Both of these would immediately and greatly improve the efficiency of the process.
The Immigrant Council of Ireland say that "Immigration Law in Ireland lacks both consistency and clarity."
Their website suggests that they have a campaign in progress on this subject so hopefully they will be lobbying the government. Maybe worth contacting them?

maryrmcgarry
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by maryrmcgarry » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:01 pm

maryrmcgarry »Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:58 pm

Hello there. I applied to citizenship in early 2022 and completed the e-vetting invitation in late May. I have not received the second email to do the e-vetting with the guards. I understand that part of the garda process means you have to supply every address at which you've lived since birth. I have moved many, many times, and simply cannot remember all of these addresses. I have made a list of what I can remember. Please, would someone tell me if you have to give the flat and house number for each address? Also, do you need to list the exact dates of when you started to live at an address and when you left. This is driving me crazy. Would someone help please? Many thanks, Mary

maryrmcgarry
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by maryrmcgarry » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:11 pm

Hello there. I applied to citizenship in early 2022 and completed the e-vetting invitation in late May. I have not received the second email to do the e-vetting with the guards. I understand that part of the garda process means you have to supply every address at which you've lived since birth. I have moved many, many times, and simply cannot remember all of these addresses. I have made a list of what I can remember. Please, would someone tell me if you have to give the flat and house number for each address? Also, do you need to list the exact dates of when you started to live at an address and when you left. This is driving me crazy. Would someone help please? Many thanks, Mary

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:09 pm

maryrmcgarry wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:01 pm

Please, would someone tell me if you have to give the flat and house number for each address? Also, do you need to list the exact dates of when you started to live at an address and when you left.
According to the EVetting User Guide
"You MUST provide addresses from the year you were born.
Ensure that all years from birth to present are included.
An overlap in years is permitted to allow for multiple addresses in one year.
For each address you must complete line 1 of the address field and the county/state field.
If you are unable to complete line 1 in any instance, please enter in line 1, why you are unable to complete line 1 and also complete the county/state field.
Enter postcode if applicable."
You don't need the exact dates. Just the year.

maryrmcgarry
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by maryrmcgarry » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:32 pm

Many thanks for your help! It is much appreciated. Where do you find the e-vetting user guide please? Thank you so much, Mary

SeekerIE
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by SeekerIE » Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:19 pm

maryrmcgarry wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:32 pm
Many thanks for your help! It is much appreciated. Where do you find the e-vetting user guide please? Thank you so much, Mary
Citizenship applicants guide to An Garda Síochána National Vetting Bureau E-Vetting
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/how-to- ... e-vetting/

An Garda Síochána About eVetting
https://vetting.garda.ie/Application/About

I hope this will help.

maryrmcgarry
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by maryrmcgarry » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:03 pm

Thank you so much. Weirdly, it refers to filling out physical forms. Isn't it all online now?

SeekerIE
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by SeekerIE » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:54 pm

maryrmcgarry wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:03 pm
Thank you so much. Weirdly, it refers to filling out physical forms. Isn't it all online now?
Yes, It is all online now. I applied for my passport in Jan 2022. I have shared my timeline in this thread. I hope this will help.

ireland/e-vetting-and-citizenship-appli ... l#p2123565

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:55 pm

maryrmcgarry wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:03 pm
It became all online extremely recently, I (late 2021 applicant) still filled out paper form in early 2023; they just hasn't changed the guidelines, plus it's a general guidance, not everyone uses online forms for this. Treat it as electronic.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Yk_Krsh
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Yk_Krsh » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:03 am

I applied in Feb 2022, got the mail on 22d of May as many of others but still no invitation to start the e-vetting process. However, I can see people getting invitations from March 2022 and onwards. I guess it's just a question of luck but so tired of this :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:04 am

Finally a TD asked the minister a question about the Courts and Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2022 amendments. Don't get your hopes up however, there's not a single mention of removing the need to for the ceremonies which would be one of the largest, if not the largest way to expedite this process and reduce the backlog. Not to mention saving on costs, both on the government and more importantly the applicants, especially during a cost of living crisis. :roll:

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... ralisation

marinow
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by marinow » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:09 am

i got e garda vetting link on 24th of may.
i have bben done .but still did not get approvel

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:26 am

sairsint wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:04 am
Finally a TD asked the minister a question about the Courts and Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2022 amendments. Don't get your hopes up however, there's not a single mention of removing the need to for the ceremonies which would be one of the largest, if not the largest way to expedite this process and reduce the backlog. Not to mention saving on costs, both on the government and more importantly the applicants, especially during a cost of living crisis. :roll:

Any confidence I had in the Minister of Justice is fast ebbing away when I hear her statements e.g. "as the Citizenship Division examines how it can reduce the backlogs" and "the legacy of restrictions imposed on staff attendance in the office during the pandemic".
Is the level of incompetence such that years after the pandemic they are still examining what they can do? Allocate the staff who are examining the systems and those who have been "fast tracking" 2023 applications to actually clearing the backlog instead of waffling about the problems!

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:59 am

I have a silly question. I have received NVB e-vetting on 27/Jul/23.. I filled and completed Yesterday.. what should I expect now? OR how much time NVB e-vetting takes?

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:23 am

lxk wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:26 am
sairsint wrote:

Any confidence I had in the Minister of Justice is fast ebbing away when I hear her statements e.g. "as the Citizenship Division examines how it can reduce the backlogs" and "the legacy of restrictions imposed on staff attendance in the office during the pandemic".
Is the level of incompetence such that years after the pandemic they are still examining what they can do? Allocate the staff who are examining the systems and those who have been "fast tracking" 2023 applications to actually clearing the backlog instead of waffling about the problems!
Absolutely. Waffling about the problems. I can't address the need to receive another email from the citizenship dept explaining why 2023 applicants continue to be processed while 21/22 are still waiting. They promised to send quarterly updates, but we never received anything in Q3 and it will soon be over, so it is possible that we will never receive anything. Why don't they hire more staff to clear the backlog if they are understaffed? Referencing to how things were during the pandemic will only aggravate the applicants. Worst of all, people from the year 2023 are thrilled with the new process, whereas we are still stuck in the stone-age process. GOD help us all!! This wait game is getting on my nerves now

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:07 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:59 am
I have a silly question. I have received NVB e-vetting on 27/Jul/23.. I filled and completed Yesterday.. what should I expect now? OR how much time NVB e-vetting takes?
I think they publicly claim 10-12 business days, but obviously case-by-case it can change. At least you can track the progress in their system so you will see it for yourself.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:19 pm

User20123 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:23 am
lxk wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:26 am
sairsint wrote:

Absolutely. Waffling about the problems. I can't address the need to receive another email from the citizenship dept explaining why 2023 applicants continue to be processed while 21/22 are still waiting. They promised to send quarterly updates, but we never received anything in Q3 and it will soon be over, so it is possible that we will never receive anything. Why don't they hire more staff to clear the backlog if they are understaffed? Referencing to how things were during the pandemic will only aggravate the applicants. Worst of all, people from the year 2023 are thrilled with the new process, whereas we are still stuck in the stone-age process. GOD help us all!! This wait game is getting on my nerves now
I am in no way defending them, but they haven't missed a quarterly update yet. The last one was in the beginning of June so the next one should be in about a month's time. They have hired temp staff as it was posted (and closed) on the ISD website back in July. How many staff and what that will do to speed things up is anyone's guess. I suspect the next update will say something about the new temp staff being hired and how that is going to help the backlog and maybe a few other "efficiency" items, but I wouldn't expect a lot of detailed information to be given to us, so I recommend you set your expectation appropriately.

What really annoys me is the constant regurgitation of the same answers (literally word for word) when the minister is questioned by TD's on these topics. I don't understand why none of them push for better, more accurate answers than these vague ones that are given over and over again. Maybe they can't? Maybe they don't see a need to? I don't know the political process here well enough to say what is possible or not. And I agree that the Brexit/Covid excuse has run its course and should not be brought up anymore. Instead the minister should be providing specific things that are being done to address the issues, not talk about what caused them because we all know that by now.

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:28 pm

sairsint wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:07 pm
finalversion_2k wrote:
I think they publicly claim 10-12 business days, but obviously case-by-case it can change. At least you can track the progress in their system so you will see it for yourself.
Although there is a tracking system it wasn't updated in my case until the end of the process, which took several weeks.
ireland/e-vetting-invitation-e-vetting- ... l#p2120292

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:49 pm

sairsint wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:07 pm
finalversion_2k wrote:
Yah I'm tracking the progress below is the status.. Dumbest question, what will happen once this vetting will be done? will I proceed to some other stage OR decision will be issue OR what?

31 July 11:50: Application submitted to NVB for processing

30 July 11:00: Application awaiting review by registered organisation

27 July 11:16: Invitation Sent to Applicant
27 July 10:33: Invitation been Prepared by NVB
27 July 10:31: Invitation received by NVB

nephente
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by nephente » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:57 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Around 10 days.I have submitted the e-vetting form on NVB link on 20th July. As I track it now, the latest state is "Application process completed".

I'm not sure if they send an email once it's over or not, as I did not get any notification yet...

Appreciate if someone confirms.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:01 pm

nephente wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:57 pm
finalversion_2k wrote:
Around 10 days.I have submitted the e-vetting form on NVB link on 20th July. As I track it now, the latest state is "Application process completed".

I'm not sure if they send an email once it's over or not, as I did not get any notification yet...

Appreciate if someone confirms.
@nephente : would you please confirm if possible what was the next status after (Application submitted to NVB for processing)