ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT - BRP Card Expired

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jilpangs

URGENT - BRP Card Expired

Post by jilpangs » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:05 pm

Hi,

**Posting on behalf of my Indian friend**

We have booked holidays to India 04-Aug returning 03-Sep.
My BRP card expired in Dec 2022.
Applied for renewal in Jan 2023 (Yes Problem 1 - missed to check my BRP expiry)
Waited until last week hoping will get my new BRP card as finger prints, payments all made in Jan.
Called last week as my travel date fast approaching (Problem 2 (Blunder actually) - Applied for BRC not BRP)
They mentioned i have applied in wrong category and asked me to reapply fresh. This is going to obviously take time now.

What are my options? Can i still travel after applying for renewal? can i get any permission from HO for this to support my travel?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: URGENT - BRP Card Expired

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:17 pm

He is free to leave the UK.

Returning is another matter as he won't be able to board the plane in India without valid proof of his right to enter the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jilpangs

Post by jilpangs » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:30 pm

Yes ofcourse, Re-entry is the concern here. Any options?

Anon123B
United Kingdom

Post by Anon123B » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:27 pm

Hello,

Generally, it is highly recommended that anyone who has applied for a BRP renewal is to remain in the UK until he receives the renewed BRP. If you leave the UK while your replacement BRP card application is pending, your application could be withdrawn automatically when you leave the UK.

This means that if you do continue with your travel plans without receiving a renewed BRP, there is a very strong potential that you will not be able to enter the UK. In this case, you may be able to consider applying for a replacement BRP visa which will only allow you to enter the UK once and costs £154. You will not be able to make a BRP renewal application outside of the UK. If your BRP visa application is successful and you enter the UK again, you can make another BRP renewal application.

Alternatively, you could try and speed up your application. For instance, if you have temporary permission to stay in the UK (Leave to Remain) you could apply for a faster decision by paying £800 for the super priority service. This will mean that you could you a decision by the end of the next working day after your UKVCAS appointment if that appointment is on a weekday or 2 working days after your UKVCAS if your appointment is on a weekend.

I hope this helps. Do let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Anon :)

Sources:
https://www.studentsupport.manchester.a ... 20the%20UK.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... xpired-brp