ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa for Dad

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visit visa for Dad

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:32 am

tier21419 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:35 am
My viewpoint was that it was granted after the appeal, meaning the refusal was overturned. So basically the final decision/outcome of that application was that a visa was granted.
Therefore, I have mentioned "No" for that question.
In any case, what shall I do? Shall I write and explain in the cover letter and will that be enough?

Any thoughts or any thoughts from other members of the forum?

Many thanks
Truth be said, it's not a deal breaker if you say "No" as you've said it was overturned. However, the question asks if you've had a refusal. Refusals would have a stamp at the back of the passport.
You can imagine where any ECO looks at the back of the passport or their database and finds a refusal there. If he doesn't investigate properly, he might feel as if you've told a lie.

You don't want a situation where the visa is refused and you start thinking that it might be because of you.

The form has an edit function, advisable to make use of it.

It's better that the ECO finds out that the refusal was overturned, than the other way around. Every new application is judged on it's own merit. So previous refusals don't exactly have a terrible effect on a new application.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:42 am

The fact that a refusal was overturned doesn’t negate the fact that there was a refusal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:44 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:42 am
The fact that a refusal was overturned doesn’t negate the fact that there was a refusal.
What shall I do now as I have already submitted the application? Shall I just clarify this in the cover letter or maybe print that page of the application and write with a pen?

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:44 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:32 am
tier21419 wrote:
My viewpoint was that it was granted after the appeal, meaning the refusal was overturned. So basically the final decision/outcome of that application was that a visa was granted.
In any case, what shall I do? Shall I write and explain in the cover letter and will that be enough?

Many thanks
Truth be said, it's not a deal breaker if you say "No" as you've said it was overturned. However, the question asks if you've had a refusal. Refusals would have a stamp at the back of the passport.
You can imagine where any ECO looks at the back of the passport or their database and finds a refusal there. If he doesn't investigate properly, he might feel as if you've told a lie.

You don't want a situation where the visa is refused and you start thinking that it might be because of you.

The form has an edit function, advisable to make use of it.

It's better that the ECO finds out that the refusal was overturned, than the other way around. Every new application is judged on it's own merit. So previous refusals don't exactly have a terrible effect on a new application.
What shall I do now as I have already submitted the application? Shall I just clarify this in the cover letter or maybe print that page of the application and write with a pen?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:01 pm

If you've already submitted the application and biometrics has been done, the chances that cover letter is seen is almost zero.

If Biometrics hasn't been done, then yeah do all that. On the form, right the date and reference number of the denial. That would always be on the refusal stamp.

Always nice to double check here if unsure, before you press that final "send" button.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:24 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:01 pm
If you've already submitted the application and biometrics has been done, the chances that cover letter is seen is almost zero.

If Biometrics hasn't been done, then yeah do all that. On the form, right the date and reference number of the denial. That would always be on the refusal stamp.

Always nice to double check here if unsure, before you press that final "send" button.
No biometrics are not captured yet, the appointment is on the 1st of August.
So do you think the cover letter and printout of the application page and mention it there would be sufficient?

the other option is to cancel the application along with the biometric appointment (I can't see the option to cancel biometric appointment on the VFS website) and then resubmit the application.
Which will be better?

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:40 pm

It looks like the fees paid for a biometric appointment may not get refunded, so do you think cover letter and adding in the printed page of the application will be enough and we won't be penalised?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:27 pm

tier21419 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:40 pm
It looks like the fees paid for a biometric appointment may not get refunded, so do you think cover letter and adding in the printed page of the application will be enough and we won't be penalised?
That should be fine. You can attach that to the other documents to be submitted as I earlier stated.
People make mistakes all the time. Lucky you caught it just in time.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:38 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:27 pm
tier21419 wrote:
That should be fine. You can attach that to the other documents to be submitted as I earlier stated.
So just to confirm by "attaching to other documents" you mean printing that page of the application form and adding all the information there, along with adding the same information in the cover letter. right?

I hope ECO won't penalise us for saying No to that question.
Many thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:41 am

tier21419 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:38 pm
Ticktack wrote:
tier21419 wrote:
So just to confirm by "attaching to other documents" you mean printing that page of the application form and adding all the information there, along with adding the same information in the cover letter. right?

Many thanks
A cover letter pinpointing where the error was made and addressing it suffices.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:46 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:41 am
tier21419 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:38 pm
Ticktack wrote:
tier21419 wrote:

Many thanks
A cover letter pinpointing where the error was made and addressing it suffices.
Thank you! I will do that.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:03 am

tier21419 wrote:

Many thanks
Have u filled up the visit visa form recently?
U must mention that visa was refused, than they ask did u appeal against the decision?
u must mention the refusal with date and than visa grant date after the appeal.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:05 pm

My dad attended his biometric appointment at VSF Islamabad, Pakistan today.
They did not take his document checklist, it says in that document that you need to sign it during your appointment date. They did not take that document from him.
Is this normal or VSF forgot to take that document?

Also, there is still an option to upload more documents on their website i.e. it is not locked yet. Is this normal as well?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:47 pm

tier21419 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:05 pm
They did not take his document checklist, it says in that document that you need to sign it during your appointment date. They did not take that document from him.
Is this normal or VSF forgot to take that document? Will let others who know comment on this

Also, there is still an option to upload more documents on their website i.e. it is not locked yet. Is this normal as well? This happens however do not attempt to do anything on it after he has attended the appointment lest you jeopardise the application and fees.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:11 pm

When I applied for a visitor visa, they said they need only the first page of the checklist to identify my application. Didn't sign of take anything from the checklist (I used self upload).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Sysy
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Sysy » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:00 am

tier21419 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:05 pm
Is this normal or VSF forgot to take that document?

Also, there is still an option to upload more documents on their website i.e. it is not locked yet. Is this normal as well?
I think this is normal. I applied for mine in June and they only took the first page of the checklist just to identify the application and I took back the checklist.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:52 pm

Thank you for your replies. My dad went back to ask this question and they said as he has uploaded documents by himself, there is no need to upload/submit the checklist.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:29 pm

Just would like to thank everyone, the visa has been granted 🙂
A few more questions;

1) We mentioned travel date as 20th August but that does not seem possible now due to ticket prices etc and now planning for a trip to start at the end of September, is that ok?

2) Can he stay more than 4 weeks like 5 weeks or you think it will be an issue as we mentioned that he will stay for 4 weeks.

3) Now need to apply for my mom at some point, can I apply now?
We mentioned in the cover letter from my dad side that my mom will be staying back home. So do you think we can apply now or we should wait for a bit (until my dad visits UK and then go back)?

Many thanks

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:34 pm

tier21419 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:29 pm
1) We mentioned travel date as 20th August but that does not seem possible now due to ticket prices etc and now planning for a trip to start at the end of September, is that ok?
Yes, plans change.
tier21419 wrote:
2) Can he stay more than 4 weeks like 5 weeks or you think it will be an issue as we mentioned that he will stay for 4 weeks.
Yes, if not for a lot - once again, plans change, but if you asked for 4 weeks and stayed for 3 months, HO might have questions next time you apply.

Not sure about the 3rd question.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:46 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:34 pm
tier21419 wrote:
Yes, plans change.
tier21419 wrote:
Yes, if not for a lot - once again, plans change, but if you asked for 4 weeks and stayed for 3 months, HO might have questions next time you apply.

Thanks for your reply.

So you think changing the plan from 4 weeks to 5 weeks should not be a problem?
It will only be a problem when someone spent a lot more days in the UK as compared to what was mentioned in the application form.

Hopefully, someone will be able to answer the 3rd question i.e.

We mentioned in the cover letter from my dad side that my mom will be staying back home. So do you think we can apply now or we should wait for a bit (until my dad visits UK and then go back)?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:11 am

tier21419 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:46 pm
meself2 wrote:
tier21419 wrote:
Yes, plans change.
tier21419 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

It will only be a problem when someone spent a lot more days in the UK as compared to what was mentioned in the application form. Correct

We mentioned in the cover letter from my dad side that my mom will be staying back home. So do you think we can apply now or we should wait for a bit (until my dad visits UK and then go back)? You can apply now. Could have applied together.

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by tier21419 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:10 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:11 am
tier21419 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:46 pm
meself2 wrote:
tier21419 wrote:
Yes, plans change.
tier21419 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

It will only be a problem when someone spent a lot more days in the UK as compared to what was mentioned in the application form. Correct

We mentioned in the cover letter from my dad side that my mom will be staying back home. So do you think we can apply now or we should wait for a bit (until my dad visits UK and then go back)? You can apply now. Could have applied together.
Thank you. We have now booked his tickets for 5 weeks.

We did not apply for my mother at the same time as I thought it would be good to apply alone to prove family ties (for my dad as my mother will be in Pakistan during his UK trip). And will do the same for my mother's application.